The Temple Bar: Yo gills ain't no match fo mah skillz...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe so.

Were you there to buy them with the lower sales tax? Good call if you did. I do the same thing.

UberBeaver said:
Nah, I didn't buy them. I was bumming.

I love goin' down to Delaware and takin' advantage of that lack of sales tax.

Then I scamper back over that line as fast as I can.

UberBeaver said:
I had never been there before. Not much going on down there. I had this almost New England image, but I was wrong. The only bars I found were in the restaurant and in the hotel.

Yeah, it's really just Maryland with a different name.

Did you hit up Philly at all since you were nearby?

delaware just sounds boring. most places i get some image of something in my mind when I hear them, but delaware inspires absolutely nothing. weird.

I only go to northern Delaware. There's a huge number of shopping centers there because of the interest generated by Pennsylvanians who want to buy taxless items.

I've been to Wilmington once for a random basketball game. The gym was literally 80 degrees in December. It was a fucking sauna.

We won.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, it's really just Maryland with a different name.

Did you hit up Philly at all since you were nearby?

yeah, pretty much, lol. I didn't go to philly, no. took the train.

unico said:
whats your sig about?

Hunt for Red October. And I just realized I need to fix it. ooops.

Captain Ramius: Re-verify our range to target... one ping only.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Captain, I - I - I just...
Captain Ramius: Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Aye, Captain.

snowbunny00774 said:
delaware just sounds boring. most places i get some image of something in my mind when I hear them, but delaware inspires absolutely nothing. weird.

That's how I felt about "Wilmington", but I thought Delware sounded kinda quaint. But it aint. See what I did there? That's called, "layin down a rhyme."

phillyfan26 said:
I only go to northern Delaware. There's a huge number of shopping centers there because of the interest generated by Pennsylvanians who want to buy taxless items.

I've been to Wilmington once for a random basketball game. The gym was literally 80 degrees in December. It was a fucking sauna.

We won.

You cross the border to shop? When you do, what do you shop for?

UberBeaver said:
yeah, pretty much, lol. I didn't go to philly, no. took the train.

It's been hoppin' lately, since we just got a new mayor to replace the uh ... ineffective at best John Street.

unico said:
my bad, i meant beav. but thanks. that's clever, i never thought of that.

I never understood how he could just change the English language like that and have it go completely unnoticed.

No spoken words said:
You cross the border to shop? When you do, what do you shop for?

Rarely. When I do, usually electronics.

UberBeaver said:
Bullet can be a verb.

Yes, but to shoot a bullet is not the definition of bullet as a verb, which is what Bono was trying to convey in the titling of the song. It merely means to move fast or swiftly.

Beav, you being the Frusciante theorist of the UYMFA gang and having been away ... I bought "Shadows Collide with People" yesterday. Thought you'd like to know.

Back
Top Bottom