The Temple Bar: Ya'll know what time it is! It's No Pants O'Clock UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
Beav - partner in crime....I thought of the ultimate evil. Actually I stoled it from somewhere else but I thought of stealing. That counts :D

I need some more details please.

You're going to get mad at me over the balance statement? Those are my teams that are doing well, so the negative karma has to come from my pool. You should be fine. The jays are done. The leafs kinda suck. You're all good. You got those good vibes going.

UberBeaver said:

I need some more details please.

You're going to get mad at me over the balance statement? Those are my teams that are doing well, so the negative karma has to come from my pool. You should be fine. The jays are done. The leafs kinda suck. You're all good. You got those good vibes going.

I said i'd get mad at you over nothing at all and THAT would be the balance. The statemnt itself was fine!

fuck off on the leafs, k, thnx. I'll set Drea on your ass. true story.

UberBeaver said:
I'll pick it up for sure. I actually kinda forgot about it, like it was in the back of my head, but I never actively went to get it. Probably this week. First half is his stuff, second half is Floyd? Right?

At the show I saw, yeah, he started with his new album and did it in its entirety, and then the 2nd half was all Floyd. On this dvd, which was recorded 2 months after I saw him, he started with Speak to Me/Breathe/Time/Breathe (reprise) then did his album, then all Floyd.

I'm probably one of maybe 5% of people who enjoyed his new stuff as much as they Floyd. God, I love that album. The only song that's never really grown on me is Pocketful of Stones. Other than that, I love the whole thing.

Let's talk about Comire's 2 goals. Fuckin A, I like the team. They looked a little confused at times, but the new first line = :up: <--- And I don't like that smiley. They need Berard. Their defense is bad. Though Martinek is a natural defender - most defenders are just forwards that aren't good enough - like Sutton and Bergeron - but Martinek plays some friggin defense.

UberBeaver said:
Let's talk about Comire's 2 goals. Fuckin A, I like the team. They looked a little confused at times, but the new first line = :up: <--- And I don't like that smiley. They need Berard. Their defense is bad. Though Martinek is a natural defender - most defenders are just forwards that aren't good enough - like Sutton and Bergeron - but Martinek plays some friggin defense.

I didn't get to watch it, unfortunately...was watching the Yanks season creep towards oblivion. Glad they won, but, yeah, their defensemen scare me....gonna be a busy season for DiPietro and his 1,000 year contract.

No spoken words said:

That makes you odd? Disagree. I cannot fathom watching a game I care about in any state but a sober one, and this was how I felt even during the stretches where I enjoyed alochol now and then. You're odd for other reasons. :)

Glad the Islanders won, no comment on the Yanks.

:)

So it's not only me, then? I needed to be sober. My friend would all be "let's go to a sports bar," or "come over and have a few beers for the game," and I'd be all "thanks, but I have other plans." And then I'd sit with my nondrinker dad and cheer and swear and shout, and have the most awesome time ever. :memories: :)

VintagePunk said:

So it's not only me, then? I needed to be sober. My friend would all be "let's go to a sports bar," or "come over and have a few beers for the game," and I'd be all "thanks, but I have other plans." And then I'd sit with my nondrinker dad and cheer and swear and shout, and have the most awesome time ever. :memories: :)

I just figured that, I love sports, and want to remember the game and the moments....and, could drink any other night.

Reg, I'm very much behind the Cubs...going to tomorrow's game, and if they win, Sunday's too.

snowbunny00774 said:
fuck off on the leafs, k, thnx. I'll set Drea on your ass. true story.

:lmao:

At least he's not a Sens fan :wink: I'm surprised I don't have a couple PMs from a friend of mine who's also on here who loves Ottawa...

Leafs vs Canadiens tomorrow night :drool:

No spoken words said:

They managed to spend a ton of $$$, though, in pursuit of that lack of hope. Go figure.

building. long term hope.

you know you're an evil cow when your enjoyment comes from other people's teams losing more than your own winning. it happens when you like the jays, the leafs and the bills.

snowbunny00774 said:

building. long term hope.

you know you're an evil cow when your enjoyment comes from other people's teams losing more than your own winning. it happens when you like the jays, the leafs and the bills.

My Steelers played the Bills on Week 2 and fuck the Bills looked like fucking crap. But, they did win last Sunday, and now they get to get kicked right in the sternum by Dallas on Monday night. Enjoy!

You're not a cow.

snowbunny00774 said:

gotcha on both. I've heard of that first phenomen and good luck on the second. I can't wait till you post that it's all done. How is Sarah liking school?

I can't wait till I post that it's done, either. :drool:

She's doing great, thanks! She's enjoying all her classes, has been doing well, has developed a social life there, made some friends. developed a crush on a boy who's way wrong for her (he's politically conservative and an extreme sports nut)...and last night for the first time, stayed up all night drinking and playing the referee for romantic drama occurring between a group of friends - but she still made it to class in the morning. :cute: :hi5:

redkat said:
I keep forgetting I'm writing a research memorandum on jury waivers :banghead:

Glad to hear the thesis has made so much progress VP :up:

I used to love those Vanilla Waivers when I was a kid. My mom used to buy them and I'd dip them in milk. There weren't as good as chocolate chip cookies, but I guess they were on sale a lot.

No spoken words said:

Reg, I'm very much behind the Cubs...going to tomorrow's game, and if they win, Sunday's too.

Sweet! :hi5: I know one of the pitchers (we went to high school together), so I always root for whatever team he's playing on.

VintagePunk said:

I can't wait till I post that it's done, either. :drool:

She's doing great, thanks! She's enjoying all her classes, has been doing well, has developed a social life there, made some friends. developed a crush on a boy who's way wrong for her (he's politically conservative and an extreme sports nut)...and last night for the first time, stayed up all night drinking and playing the referee for romantic drama occurring between a group of friends - but she still made it to class in the morning. :cute: :hi5:

I'm glad to hear it's going so well for her. Tell her I say Hi.
sounds like she's living the life!

UberBeaver said:

I used to love those Vanilla Waivers when I was a kid. My mom used to buy them and I'd dip them in milk. There weren't as good as chocolate chip cookies, but I guess they were on sale a lot.

Do you mean Vanilla Wafers, you douche bag.

Sox still tied 3-3, heading to the bottom of the 8th.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom