The Temple Bar: Ya'll know what time it is! It's No Pants O'Clock UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To answer your burning questions, according to a quick search there are around 17 american holidays, and approx 9 canadian.

Canada:
New years
good friday
victoria day
canada day
labour day
thanksgiving
rememberance day
christmas
boxing day
(and I suppose one could also include easter monday)

USofA
New years
Inaugaration day (?)
Martin Luther King day
Lincolns birthday party smash
Prez day
arbour day
good friday
(easter monday)
memorial day
independence day
labour day
citizenship day
columbus day
election day (seriously???)
Veterans day
Thanksgiving
christmas
boxing day

~BrightestStar~ said:
To answer your burning questions, according to a quick search there are around 17 american holidays, and approx 9 canadian.

Canada:
New years
good friday
victoria day
canada day
labour day
thanksgiving
rememberance day
christmas
boxing day
(and I suppose one could also include easter monday)

USofA
New years
Inaugaration day (?)
Martin Luther King day
Lincolns birthday party smash
Prez day
arbour day
good friday
(easter monday)
memorial day
independence day
labour day
citizenship day
columbus day
election day (seriously???)
Veterans day
Thanksgiving
christmas
boxing day

wow look at that!

~BrightestStar~ said:

USofA
New years
memorial day
independence day
labour day ( There is no U in Labor - there is, however, AMERICA in Labor.....you just have to look for it.)
Thanksgiving
christmas

Those are the days I get off. :happy:

And I've never heard of Citizen Day. Boxing Day we don't recognize, and Arbor Day - Al Arbour was the coach of the NYIslanders during their dynasty. It's about time he got a day.

UberBeaver said:

Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~

USofA
New years
memorial day
independence day
labour day (There is no U in Labor - there is, however, AMERICA in Labor.....you just have to look for it. Ha ha ha...you're funny. If that we're true you wouldn't have to make up so many fuckin holidays)
Thanksgiving
christmas

Those are the days I get off.

And I've never heard of Citizen Day. Boxing Day we don't recognize, and Arbor Day - Al Arbour was the coach of the NYIslanders during their dynasty. It's about time he got a day.

Those are the days I get off. :happy:

That's still more than my dad gets.
Christmas
Easter
Thanksgiving
New Years

pwnd. :|

Hooray for Monday off! :hi5:

I was reading an article a week or two ago that said Canada has one of the lowest amounts of vacation days in the world. :| Yay! :happy:

I'm totally moving to that country that has like 50 days off a year. Somewhere like the Phillippines or something.

UberBeaver said:
Isn't Monday also Columbus Day for those of us that love Freedom? I don't get that day off cause I love work even more than my family and well being. I give thanks by being HERE. Take that and socialize it, Canada. :cute: If I could I would wrap up Canada in a little pink box and give it to Siena for Christmas so her face would light up when she opened it. And she would play with it for years and years. I :heart: Canada. I'd like to go someday, but that's apparently tough now cause you guys are terrorists or something. That's what Rush Limbaugh told me. Your fake Americans, I think he said. You'd take my money and make me pay for a tonselectomy [sic - not even close] for some poor kid.

:cute: & :lol:

elevated_u2_fan said:

World_Peace.jpg

:lmao:

Yes, I'm bothering to catch up.

elevated_u2_fan said:

*waits for stereotypical list of Canadian Holidays like "Hockey Day" or "Molson Canadian Day"* :grumpy:

You forgot July 15 - greatest day ever.

Snow day.

Yes, Snow in July, the day I moved to Canada, that definitely need a holiday I'd say :D

Just saw the release methods thread and until I read the second half of the title I thought Mr. Pussy's had come to life again.
* must not skim.

No spoken words said:
4 in a row, wow.

I had to stop there cos I know that's how high you can count consecutively. I'm so thoughtful sometimes, and I'd never want anyone to feel bad about themselves.

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
Just saw the release methods thread and until I read the second half of the title I thought Mr. Pussy's had come to life again.
* must not skim.

There are certain people that are no longer with us that would really add to such a topic....:sad: .....:scream: WHY GOD WHY? NJ would never do that to me. :sigh:

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
* must not skim.

THANK YOU! I haven't posted there b/c I was totally thinking the same. But I didn't want to say anything b/c I felt as though I was the only one who had such a filthy mind :hug:

UberBeaver said:

There are certain people that are no longer with us that would really add to such a topic....:sad: .....:scream: WHY GOD WHY? NJ would never do that to me. :sigh:

thanks for editing. if i had to read that sentence over one more time to make sense out of it i think my head would've exploded.

Back
Top Bottom