The Temple Bar: Where The F@ck did the Summer Go? UYMFA, That's Where!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
DOOOO IIIIT!

Sushi and Sashimi is the best. You can get real good sushi/sashimi in NYC in March too. Also the shepards pie and guinness is top notch. It'd be foolish not to come, really.

substitute fish & chips for shepards pie add in a Walter and I'm in :drool:

April! I feel ya. But I think it is very possible for you to move. A friend of a friend lived in LA, and went to school for something completely different. Then, she just did a temp job at a law firm and loved it. So then she moved to NYC, found a job with another firm, and is now going to school to become a paralegal. She found a nice apt and a nice roommate and so far it is working out great for her.

There's definitely jobs available for you in your field in NYC, and lots of young and bright singles just like you trying to reach their goals. It couldn't hurt just to look and see whats available and talk to some other firms about possibilities.

Also, you wouldn't have any problem transferring courses, I'm sure! And there's loadsa schools there. I know the tuition can be kinda high, but there's lots of scholarships out there. Plus, after working for a period of time (sometimes within a few months, sometimes after a year), a lot of places will pay for your tuition because having more people who are educated in their field can only benefit them!

It was nice reading your bonding, Beav & NSW. I'm glad I'm not the only person who wants to do so many things. I think it is a damn shame that in my lifespan I've yet to be at one job for more than a year. I admire people who do. I don't know what it is. Fear of commitment maybe? Easily bored? I really have no idea. It's like I see something shiny and I go for it. And the sad thing is...yes, part of me does wish I could have some consistency in my life...but the other part really loves the adventure. Each new job takes me to higher levels of awareness and opens up my perspective.

youjustmadethelistbuddy.jpg

You just made the list, buddy.

unico said:
There's definitely jobs available for you in your field in NYC, and lots of young and bright singles just like you trying to reach their goals. It couldn't hurt just to look and see whats available and talk to some other firms about possibilities.

i can attest to that april. there are tons of paralegal jobs in NYC. i've been a para for about 10 years but decided to leave that career about a year and a half ago. though my resume is primarily clinical/pharmaceutical now, I still have on the resume the jobs i held as a para and i still get contacted by many recruiters for legal jobs. 7 out of 10 of those are usually for jobs in NYC.

we live in a very litigious area and NYC houses so many reputable firms, big & small - there are a sea of opportunities for experienced and entry level paralegals.

I'm watching cause it's on national TV. In HD.

And then I'm leaving for my school's back to school dance around half time.

took me long enough :wink: then It got buried in email.

:bouncehouse:

Have fun going out for the day april :wave:

I have flowers to plant and parents to be interrogated by :crack: :angel:

Back
Top Bottom