The Temple Bar: Where The F@ck did the Summer Go? UYMFA, That's Where!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fairhotdogonastick.jpg

yay!...I get cool discounts!

I'm getting nothing done right now. Waiting for the air repair guy, I could be productive and clean or do homework but nope.

My parents are coming tomorrow. First time I've seen them since the trip, I think it's too soon :huh:

I've been invited to Tennessee. Is it a must see? I've never been to the south aside from Florida.

Beav you don't even have an accent in my mind :wink:

Where in Tennessee? Nashville? I've never been. I hear parts of it are real nice, but it's mostly a ghetto. Or maybe that's Memphis? Where's Graceland?

I do have an accent - I'm from Long Island. I just pray I don't sound as awful as some of these people I work with. I hope it's more New York than Long Island, but it's probably not. :sigh:

UberBeaver said:
I do have an accent - I'm from Long Island. I just pray I don't sound as awful as some of these people I work with. I hope it's more New York than Long Island, but it's probably not. :sigh:

I have a Philadelphia accent that's quite noticable (wooder, Iggles, etc.) but I'm proud of my accent. Be proud of yours.

And according to some websites, we say "Jeet yet?" instead of "Did you eat yet?" I tested this and it turns out it's true.

In fact, there's a whole article here: http://www.citypaper.net/articles/081497/article008.shtml

I think the jeet yet is indicative of the blue collar Northeast, cause I say it too. I never realized Philly had an accent until I went to high school with a bunch of Philly kids and they had issues with pronouncing "O" - like they said hOme - real heavy on the O. It's not a bad accent - a long island one is though. Even to us that have them.

Someone recently told me I have a minnesota accent. That is Ridiculous :mad:

Nashville and Knoxville.

Graceland is in Nashville I think :huh: I don't ever want to go there seems creepy :yikes:

ok apparently it's in memphis

Back
Top Bottom