The Temple Bar - where everyone is lookin' good - UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

Is this another of those games in Bang and Clatter where everyone makes a setlist and then you all listen to them and then vote? Doesn't GibsonGirl win all those games pretty much by default?

Mia - no. The boss (and everyone but the crazy guy and NJ) just thinks you're a fax machine and they don't pay much attention to you unless they need to fax something. You fuck with most people by giving them weird messages in the LCD, but for the boss, who doesn't really know how to use a fax machine properly, you do everything for him. In one episode they decide to replace you, but the boss can't figure out the new fax machine, and demands to have you brought back. That's a tear jerker episode. Probably around sweeps weak. They move you down to the mail room. It's very sad.

:sad: story of my life!

UberBeaver said:

Is this another of those games in Bang and Clatter where everyone makes a setlist and then you all listen to them and then vote? Doesn't GibsonGirl win all those games pretty much by default?

I wouldn't know - this is my first time doing one. I'm only doing this one cause it requires a third of the music normally needed. So I'm trying to come up with 60-80 minutes of music that has a theme.

My biggest problem is lack of material. I have terrible music knowledge. I'm like the worst person to do one of these.

I've actually come up with some good transitions, so hopefully I don't fuck this up too bad.

Those games have lots of words. And all sorts of rules for formatting and shit. No way I could make the cut. I'd be DQ'd before they got halfway through my email.

Mia - I want to keep it real. I gots to. Sorry.

unico said:

i think i'd have "take me home tonight" listed 11 times...with a few remixes in there. i'd be disqualified :(

Besides, I'm too lazy to even read all of the rules.

Phale.

New spelling of fail = makes April's day

Referring to oneself in third person = shows need of weekend getaway

Problem to be solved tomorrow afternoon. :hyper:

phillyfan26 said:

I wouldn't know - this is my first time doing one. I'm only doing this one cause it requires a third of the music normally needed. So I'm trying to come up with 60-80 minutes of music that has a theme.

My biggest problem is lack of material. I have terrible music knowledge. I'm like the worst person to do one of these.

I've actually come up with some good transitions, so hopefully I don't fuck this up too bad.

They need fresh blood in that thing. It's the same people each time. Which means every one of those things ends up being prog :yawn:

:lol: Mine is very transition based, not just from song to song, but section to section. But the sections smoothly move. It starts very atmospheric, with a few synthesizers, to piano, to light guitar songs, then acoustic finish.

I think mine will lose just because there are a lot of options for my goal that I don't know since I don't know that much music.

I've got almost a month though, so we'll see.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

They need fresh blood in that thing. It's the same people each time. Which means every one of those things ends up being prog :yawn:

But it's only 60-80 minutes this time. That's like 2, maybe 3, prog songs. I'm far too superficial, shallow and too much of a sheep to truly appreciate and understand prog anyhow. And ADD + Prog = Bad Mix. I can't focus through an entire Ramones song, no way I can pay attention to the Pentatonic Scale for 22 minutes followed by 12 minutes of snare to tom tom to kick drum. Ugh. Prog. lol.

Prog to me:
9 minutes synth intro.
Bass line for 4 minutes on top of that.
Vocals: "Dancing Gnomes....On Mushroom Tops....Snow Falls....Like Lollipops"
29 minutes bass solo leads to
16 minutes guitar solo
Verse two: "Dancing Gnomes....On Mushroom Tops....Summer Rain...Country Shops"
21 minute guitar solo for the second guitarist
All instruments drop but the synth for 6 minutes
Verse 3: "The Gnomes Weep....Like Summer Mist....On Summer Days....They keep their list."
All instruments "jam" for 8 minutes.
3 minute synth fade out.

OK, we're putting a prog band in the show. One episode is silent, all the action is told through mime and Prog music. We'll have to find a real short prog song though - shows are only like 22 minutes, right? Dammit.

unico said:
BEAV! I didn't know you liked Gym Class Heroes. They're coming to VT ya know. If a certain boss hooks up with a certain fax machine, perhaps there's a free ticket with your name on it.

I don't know if I like them actually. I heard two songs when I was away, and both were pretty cool. I was just wondering how the rest of their stuff is.

UberBeaver said:

But it's only 60-80 minutes this time. That's like 2, maybe 3, prog songs. I'm far too superficial, shallow and too much of a sheep to truly appreciate and understand prog anyhow. And ADD + Prog = Bad Mix. I can't focus through an entire Ramones song, no way I can pay attention to the Pentatonic Scale for 22 minutes followed by 12 minutes of snare to tom tom to kick drum. Ugh. Prog. lol.

Prog to me:
9 minutes synth intro.
Bass line for 4 minutes on top of that.
Vocals: "Dancing Gnomes....On Mushroom Tops....Snow Falls....Like Lollipops"
29 minutes bass solo leads to
16 minutes guitar solo
Verse two: "Dancing Gnomes....On Mushroom Tops....Summer Rain...Country Shops"
21 minute guitar solo for the second guitarist
All instruments drop but the synth for 6 minutes
Verse 3: "The Gnomes Weep....Like Summer Mist....On Summer Days....They keep their list."
All instruments "jam" for 8 minutes.
3 minute synth fade out.

Ha. Very true.

:lol:

Btw, I heard the name Gym Class Heroes and immediately cast them off as one of those emo bands. But they're good?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Ha. Very true.

:lol:

Btw, I heard the name Gym Class Heroes and immediately cast them off as one of those emo bands. But they're good?

I like their one song that goes "take a look at my girlfriend..." It's really catchy. Other than that song, I have no idea what else they sing.

ThoraSEB said:

I like their one song that goes "take a look at my girlfriend..." It's really catchy. Other than that song, I have no idea what else they sing.

You like that song because its a sample of 'Breakfast In America' by Supertramp...:shifty: It was a big hit in 1979...:giggle:

See here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbPD_bXaOA

I saw GCH in June...(don't ask why)...they were actually very enjoyable...but I haven't run out and bought anything by them...:no:

My 2 cents...:up:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

You like that song because its a sample of 'Breakfast In America' by Supertramp...:shifty: It was a big hit in 1979...:giggle:

See here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbPD_bXaOA

I saw GCH in June...(don't ask why)...they were actually very enjoyable...but I haven't run out and bought anything by them...:no:

My 2 cents...:up:

:yes: That is the best part of that song. I didn't remember what the name was, but now I do. :)

Most likely a one-(half stolen)-hit-wonder type of group, I'm assuming.

Nah, ice's riff went dum dum dum dum dum dum DO. Queen's was dum dum dum dum dum dum DUH. See?

GCH are not emo. They're kinda rap meets rock with a lot of pop. THey seem more fun and goofy than anything. They also have a song with a sample of "We don't have to take our clothes off, to have a good time." But they drop out the "don't."

i'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to today's music.

that being said i love watching the vids in BonoFox1's 80s thread. listening to that music affects me in ways that the current stuff just doesn't (aside from a few select bands, of course.)

I only found them because when I was away, with the baby, after 9PM it's bed time for everyone. So we'd go to the room and watch TV. The MTV over there actually plays music. Oh - they also have a 24 hour Big Brother channel, which is the most boring shit in the world. Apparently it's huge over there.

Well, it's not really MTV. I'm not sure what it's called, The Box or something. But not only do they play music, they play GOOD music. Not goofy pop bullshit - I mean, they have some of that, but not 100% like here.

Back
Top Bottom