The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:

A bunch of 30 - 40 y.o.s at one of PF's parties...his friends will be like "Hey PF, what are you parents doing here with your aunts and uncles?"...FTW?!?!?!

Knock it off.

phillyfan26 said:

I actually liked the SBS drums. They kicked ass and were a nice throwback. They made much more sense there than the album version drumming.

I hate the Pop album, and love the songs as they were performed live. I think SATS, WUDM, and DYFL were better on the album, and that's it. Everything else needs to be replaced by the live counterpart, then you get a kickass album.

Agreed...but LNOE was killer live...KILLER!!! I wish they'd bring that song back into the set...that and Wire...:sigh:

And the SBS drum fills at the end of Please...:drool: I was at the Las Vegas show in '97 and I nearly crapped my pants when Larry did that...:rockon:

Beav, are you getting a headache yet...:eyebrow:

UberBeaver said:
I wonder if the feeling I get when you guys go on about U2 is the same as the feeling you all get when I go off on wormholes and shit. The difference being I talk to myself about something I don't really understand, while you talk to each other about something I don't really understand. It's a conspiracy.

Maybe you could, you know, try to find a little more out about U2 since, you know, you, uh, post on a message board for them.

It's sort of like when everyone raves about Radiohead for me ... I just have no fucking clue what's going on.

phillyfan26 said:

Maybe you could, you know, try to find a little more out about U2 since, you know, you, uh, post on a message board for them.

It's sort of like when everyone raves about Radiohead for me ... I just have no fucking clue what's going on.

Oddly, when we were listening to the cover band, drunk Beav was able to accurately name about 1/2 the songs. Well, a shade less than 1/2, but still......for a drunk douche bag, he did ok.

phillyfan26 said:

I like Radiohead.

UberBeaver said:

I like Radiohead.

I've listened to a few songs, one of them was "Fake Plastic Trees." I forget what the others were. Didn't do much for me.

Although "Paranoid Android" was pretty good, and it's prevented me from writing them off completely.

No spoken words said:

Oddly, when we were listening to the cover band, drunk Beav was able to accurately name about 1/2 the songs. Well, a shade less than 1/2, but still......for a drunk douche bag, he did ok.

:lmao:

You know when one of you kills the other one, this place is going to suck...:sigh:

No spoken words said:

Beav has stated knowing most of U2's popular stuff. I think when I posted my ten favorite songs list, he noted that he knew three of them.

unico said:
I missed out on the Radiohead train. I got inrainbows, listened to it for 2 days, and havent touched it since.

I'm just against 'anti-rockstars'....GFY if you write songs, sign to a corporate label, put out killer albums and then refuse to accept and deal with your stardom...I don't get that...:confused: Someone explain that to me...seriously...:scratch:

I love Kurt Cobain...and Eddie Vedder, and I sorta like Thom Yorke...but they're all tools to some degree too...:|

No spoken words said:
Oh snap, PFan AND LM are all up in this bitch. Rage Avenue will never be the same.

I just realized this too. Normally, I'm never here during midday when you guys are most frequently on here. Now, I am.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

No spoken words said:
Oh snap, PFan AND LM are all up in this bitch. Rage Avenue will never be the same.

Please note: I barely slept last night, so if I ramble on more incoherently than usual, that's what you can attribute it to.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

LM...did you see my post back some pages...:hmm:

I am anointing you my son...you my tread into my 'supposed' territory...please...:yes:

:drool: I am honored. Reggie FTW. :up:

OK, it's Christmas Eve, and there's no eggnog anywhere in the house. I knew something felt a bit off. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom