The Temple Bar: Screw the Superbowl, We've Got All The Action In Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
08sink337.1.jpg

Is it a bad thing that I'm going to teach kids and I don't understand math? I hate it. Fuck math!

This is why I will teach 4th grade or below. I can do simple division, multiplication. But it's all this geometry shit I have to learn and I cannot do it.

In college I took high school level math. I was in the same class as all the dumb kids. It was the only time I ever actually liked math. I totally sucked at math. I've never taken trig or calculus. Don't even know what it is. I peaked with algebra.

i have never ever gotten into any kind of math. I too took one college math class. it didn't even count for credits. It was the lowest math class I could take. Math 007. Ridiculous. I think I did pull of a B or so in that class however.

I still hate it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:yikes:

So, baby room all ready? You and Mrs. Beav ready? What about the cat? Is he excited for his new ally? You are going to post here like right before you leave for the hospital, no matter what time of day or night it is, just so we all don't worry again, right? :(

Room: Check.
Wife: Check. She's had enough.
Cat: He knows something's up and he's not happy. We've been trying to be nicer to him the last couple of days, but he doesn't trust us. One time, a few years ago, I woke up to find the cat biting my chin. Hard. He drew blood. I was sleeping and he just attacked me. He hates me.
Post: Yeah, as much as I can. I really didn't think anyone would notice I was gone. I feel so special. :D

Got Philk? said:
Is it a bad thing that I'm going to teach kids and I don't understand math? I hate it. Fuck math!

You can incorporate this into your speech first day of class.

"fuck math!" :love:

I have to agree. I dread the day I have to take pre-algebra. I took it twice first time I was in college and failed both times! :happy:

UberBeaver said:

Room: Check.
Wife: Check. She's had enough.
Cat: He knows something's up and he's not happy. We've been trying to be nicer to him the last couple of days, but he doesn't trust us. One time, a few years ago, I woke up to find the cat biting my chin. Hard. He drew blood. I was sleeping and he just attacked me. He hates me.
Post: Yeah, as much as I can. I really didn't think anyone would notice I was gone. I feel so special. :D

I want to see this evil kitty. I bet he's a cutie, but then again that's how they get you.

Mia was poking me with her paw earlier this week and hooked her nail into my lip so I have a lovely scratch that thankfully lipgloss covers up.

That bitch is lucky she's cute.

Remember those little wooden sticks that used to come with ice cream cups? I had a bunch of them and I used to draw faces on them and give them names and put on little "shows" for people who sat near me during math class in high school. One day one dropped down into a radiator. The next day I came to class armed with straw wrappers and elmers glue. My friend and I successfully rescued the wooden man from the radiator. This is just one reason I sucked at math.

I want to see this evil kitty. I bet he's a cutie, but then again that's how they get you.

Mia was poking me with her paw earlier this week and hooked her nail into my lip so I have a lovely scratch that thankfully lipgloss covers up.

That bitch is lucky she's cute.
Picture_32.jpg
[/IMG]

My wife thinks it's funny to put bras on him. Yet he hates me. He never bites her.

UberBeaver said:
In college I took high school level math. I was in the same class as all the dumb kids. It was the only time I ever actually liked math. I totally sucked at math. I've never taken trig or calculus. Don't even know what it is. I peaked with algebra.

Me too. :up: I had to take Math 101 (aka algebra for dummies) in university before I could start my stats courses, because I took the bare minimum of required math in high school.

The odd thing is, I'm great at simple math, and I can figure out addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, all several digits long, in my head before other people can even get out their calculators. I'm like a simple math savant.

VintagePunk said:

The odd thing is, I'm great at simple math, and I can figure out addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, all several digits long, in my head before other people can even get out their calculators. I'm like a simple math savant.

Yeah, I can do that too. Once you had to memorize rules and formulas (Pi R Squared? WTF?) is when I lost interest. And from there I sucked. Sine, cosine, tangent? I'll give you a tangent, STFU and GFY, this shit is stupid.

Still on that REM kick, Zoots?

Yes! Since evening I've listened to Murmur twice, Life's Rich Pageant, Document, random REM on shuffle and now Green. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom