The Temple Bar: Home of the UYMFA Gang ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pfan, you're on a U2 site, I'm surprised no one's made a Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car reference yet. When I had my accident two years ago, that's what I heard*. lol

*Except in my case, it was mommy - I'd just blown a shitload of cash on travel and U2 shows, and I had to borrow my deductible from her. :happy:

Lila64 said:

you know any candidate with a better voice? :scratch:

how much is he paying you :shifty:

another thing to add to the list of not the smartest things I've ever done:

moving furniture by myself up from the basement and down/up two sets of icy porch steps in a heavy snowfall at 12.30 at night :happy: :idiot:

snowbunny00774 said:

how much is he paying you :shifty:

moving furniture by myself up from the basement and down/up two sets of icy porch steps in a heavy snowfall at 12.30 at night :happy: :idiot:

and YOU are questioning NSW as the voice of reason

:tsk:

the rockin edge said:
18 hours until i decide the fate of the free world, or so it seems.

what does this mean Tre?

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Pfan, you're on a U2 site, I'm surprised no one's made a Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car reference yet. When I had my accident two years ago, that's what I heard*. lol

*Except in my case, it was mommy - I'd just blown a shitload of cash on travel and U2 shows, and I had to borrow my deductible from her. :happy:

I'm waiting for someone to say something like, "Bono was in a car crash too so it's OK. We are One! :hug: :heart: :bono: :heart: :hug: "

Pfan, I give this to you as a gift.

Muldfeld said:

You gotta try, right. On the site, there's instructions for a letter-writing campaign, and this is world-wide. This show is huge in France and popular among fans in many non-English speaking parts of Europe. I doubt "Arrested Development" had that kind of reach.

Anyway, I was not a huge fan of Arrested Development, except the hot sister and it was nice nostalgia to see Jason Bateman again after last seeing him in Teen Wolf 2 and that '80s sitcom ("Valery's Family", I think, which became "The Hogan Family" when the main actress left.). Same trendy zany quick wit. Not very realistic and not politically-insightful at all. Very damn funny.

You know, if you check out the DVDs, including the audio commentaries by "yourself", you'll find I'm very right about the political brilliance of the show. It's not fracking escapist nonsense.

Seriously though, was your dad cool about it or did he come down hard like you feared?

BTW - we spent the night before Xmas eve at the in-laws place. Later in the evening, pa-inlaw says, "I rented us a video to watch. Its got that guy in it."

Well 'that guy' is Ben Stiller whom my father-in-law thinks he loves because he liked Meet the Parents, the movie was "The Heart Break Kid". :|

I started to feel uncomfortable right around the time a chick is bouncing her bare breast in and out of the shot yelling, "Cock me! Cock me!"

Merry Christmas to all.

snowbunny00774 said:

I like how you question me then immediately post stuff like this.

UberBeaver said:
http://www.observer.com/2008/i-am-so-wired

That's on the Wire.

What's wrong with the singing lawyer idea? I thought it was all encompassing.

I can't fucking wait. That writer is like a lot of people, coming to the show late (like me), and then getting totally hooked. I like the media angle, I've been lamenting the slow demise of newspapers for a while now.

Newspapers are becoming obsolete. Most news is found via TV or internet. And TV doe snot give the depth that newspapers give. And internet sources are generally little more than media propaganda or slanted opinion. I still get the Times on weekends, but I get all my news from them via their website.

What's to tell? Circulation continues to go down, readership goes down, pagination drops a little because they add more ads, but the ad rates drop because of circulation. The Chicago Sun-Times was run by a crooked owner for years and is just crawling out from under that rock. Newspapers are more and more owned by a larger ownership group, so you get less individuality and less editorial freedom. You have a new wave of journalists who think people care more about their personal lives and snarkiness than issues and facts, so that helps not. I mean, the NY Times is still the NY Times, but, newspapers are creeping up on being obsolete, which saddens me. I obviously use the internet a lot but I like my news from the paper, still.

No spoken words said:
Mia, are you excited for tonight?

I am in that it'll be the last time I see some of my favorite players play for the Hokies. But I don't expect it to be a nail-biting game. Still, I kinda wish I had gone. Now I have a cold when I could've been in sunny Miami instead.

Are you gonna watch?

Back
Top Bottom