The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoManiac said:
Y'all should get up to Montreal in the summertime. There's loads of stuff to do, from festivals, restaurants, sight-seeing and a great night-life.

Sounds like Chicago. :)

As I've mentioned to you, this is the summer I get to Montreal, Toronto or both.

unico said:

have you ever done one of those online things that highlights all the states/countries you've been? you've been to all these places i'd love to visit.

I have not. I've done a modest amount of travel, but, everyone close to me knows that I harbor a secret desire to get fucking fired, so I can disappear overseas for a few months. I don't have the guts to just quit and do it, not when my career continues to go decently.....but, if ever my contract was not renewed, I'd drive around the US and visit my friends in various cities, see the 13 states I've yet to see, then split for Europe/Asia. Sigh.

I went to North Carolina in the Raleigh area, and found it alright. I'm really turned off by the southern culture that one encounters living there, and have heard some pretty dreadful stories from my Catholic family and friends who have lived there/gone to school there about the animosity between Protestants and Catholics in minor but constant ways.

No spoken words said:

I have not. I've done a modest amount of travel, but, everyone close to me knows that I harbor a secret desire to get fucking fired, so I can disappear overseas for a few months. I don't have the guts to just quit and do it, not when my career continues to go decently.....but, if ever my contract was not renewed, I'd drive around the US and visit my friends in various cities, see the 13 states I've yet to see, then split for Europe/Asia. Sigh.

that would be awesome. i'd love to go to some other big cities. at the same time though, i'd also like to visit some rural villages that hardly any if at all westerners have been to.

Diemen said:

I'm sure you'd dig it out here. :) I haven't lived in too many places, but even out of places I've visited I still really love the bay area in comparison. Great city life, awesome natural surroundings, nice cultural mix. Cost of living isn't too hot, but it's something everyone puts up with to live out here.

The one thing I really need to do is travel more. I haven't been out of the country since I was in 1st grade (well, I've been to Canada a couple times in recent years, but that doesn't really count...). I'd looooove to spend a month or two traveling around Europe.

Okay okay you've twisted my arm. Perhaps I'll begin the application this week ;)

AWESOME. I got fed up and reported the king of fools' thread in FYM, and what do I see upon entering FYM today? Closed thread. :D

You're welcome. :wink:

He's being sarcastic, but all his posts in there are basically little jabs, insults, snipes from the sidelines. It got old about....oh, 2 years ago.

Diemen said:
He's being sarcastic, but all his posts in there are basically little jabs, insults, snipes from the sidelines. It got old about....oh, 2 years ago.

I think he's exxagerating it, but that's essentially his belief.

Oh, by the way Diemen, did you know he was ignoring us? :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

I think he's exxagerating it, but that's essentially his belief.

Oh, by the way Diemen, did you know he was ignoring us? :wink:

Yep. I don't think he really is, though. I bet he clicks every post to see what we say. His ego is too big to not want to know what we say about him.

Oh, he's admitted he reads them all anyway. I admonished him for ignoring once and asked that he reply to my posts directed towards him, and he said, "I reply to the posts I find worthy." That fucking pissed me off. I think I said something like, "How about you quit trying to rank my posts and man up to my questions?"

He actually attempts to be intellectual 5% of the time, and it's worth it to embarass him those few times. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom