The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been to Pittsburgh 5 times or so, and, actually like it. I, too, find it to be underrated. I'd never opt to vacation there, per se, but I like going to Steelers games there and spending a day in the city beforehand.

For the record, Detroit is my least favorite city of all time. I've been to smaller places I liked less, but a far as urban environments go, it's my least favorite, and it's not even close.

I still don't like New York, I have mixed feelings for DC, and I'm not a big fan of Cleveland. I hate Dallas.

I enjoyed Pittsburgh and Baltimore, and love Chicago and Philadelphia.

I was there for a three-game series of the Phillies at Pittsburgh. I got a hotel in the downtown that was within walking distance to North Shore, so I just walked everywhere.

Baltimore is very meh to me, so is Philly. Beav likes Philly. I took many roadtrips to Philly to watch 76'er games but never really liked the city much.

Chicago is amazing, or so I think after living here for just under a year.

Cleveland is very blah to me.

Dallas I liked, but then again, this was right after being in Houston, so it was a big step up.

phillyfan26 said:
I was there for a three-game series of the Phillies at Pittsburgh. I got a hotel in the downtown that was within walking distance to North Shore, so I just walked everywhere.

that's the best mode of transportation.
bmore is okay...i don't know much of it other than the harbor and the ghetto.

i absolutely love dc and nyc. if i could live in both places at the same time i would.

my experience in philly was kinda meh. i saw some dude break into a car. i haven't seen chicago in years...last time i was there i was a wee lass, so i hardly remember it. jacksonville was pretty nice. did you know it is the largest city (land size) in the u.s.? new orleans is right up there with pitt in the "undriveable" category. the furthest west i've been is chicago :reject:

eta: richmond is teh suck (sorry laura)

Last edited:
All should visit San Francisco at least once, what a great city. I'd never urge people to visit LA, but, I spent 10 years there so I must not deem it all bad. :)

I have not been to DC since I was 12. :reject:

No spoken words said:
All should visit San Francisco at least once, what a great city. I'd never urge people to visit LA, but, I spent 10 years there so I must not deem it all bad. :)

i've never seen you use the :reject: smiley before. historic moment.

speaking of SF, i'm debating applying to a 3rd school in SJ. i know that isn't SF but it isn't too far away. we'll see...

unico said:

speaking of SF, i'm debating applying to a 3rd school in SJ. i know that isn't SF but it isn't too far away. we'll see...

I've used it before, but, I do employ it sparingly.

San Jose is not quite SF, yeah, but it's damn close.

The one thing I first noticed about New York was it's much cleaner than Philly. In fact, all cities I go to seem cleaner than Philly. It's odd.

I've been to DC three times. Thank God they're getting a new baseball stadium. RFK was worse than the Vet.

I think that my desire to see all baseball stadiums will, sadly, be the thing that gets me back to DC. I'll make a long weekend out of it and try to see as much as I can in that time, but, yeah, I want to go to the new ballpark. Same with Philly, have been to the Vet but not the new one. Must knock those two off of the list.

I love N.Y.C. Next to Hong Kong, and Montreal, of course, that's my favourite city that I've been to.

I like Philadeplhia as well and agree with NSW about Detroit. My least favourite U.S. city by far!

I absolutely adored New Orleans, and L.A, was pretty meh for me. The thing about L.A. is that I could never figure out when I was in the city or out. The urban sprawl is endless. I've never been to S.F. but would love to go one day because I think I would love it, and I'd get to see my 49ers in person for the first time.

RFK was shit. I'm still pissed about the new stadium but there's nothing I can do about it. I really like the MCI (now Verizon) center. I really miss living there. I was just a block or two away from Irvine...too bad I didn't post back then.

unico said:

Yeah, you'd only be a quick drive away. What school are you thinking of?

BonoManiac said:
I love N.Y.C. Next to Hong Kong, and Montreal, of course, that's my favourite city that I've been to.

I like Philadeplhia as well and agree with NSW about Detroit. My least favourite U.S. city by far!

I absolutely adored New Orleans, and L.A, was pretty meh for me. The thing about L.A. is that I could never figure out when I was in the city or out. The urban sprawl is endless. I've never been to S.F. but would love to go one day because I think I would love it, and I'd get to see my 49ers in person for the first time.

San Fran is cool. It's pretty small, but it's a very nice city. Can keep you busy for a few days. And some excellent restaurants.

New Orleans is great - I've been there twice - once in Oct and once in Mardi Gras. Both times were a ton of fun. Very cool people. If you're into the kinda quirky vibe, check out Savannah. It's a beautiful city.

I like philly. For all the bad rap it has, it's a fun city. Philly and Boston make great neighbors. :D And their little Napolean Complexes are so :cute:

No spoken words said:

I grew up an hour north of LA (in Camarillo). LA is just too amorphous to really recommend as a destination spot. It's huge, it's sprawling, downtown isn't all that much to see. There are some definite cool spots, but overall, it lacks the character cities like San Francisco have.

unico said:
You adored NOLA? Did you drive there? I swear the highways only exist to spell out people's names.

Five months after 9/11 and I was still afraid to fly, so I took the bus down there. It was a 44 hour trip, but I loved every moment, as I was able to see a lot more of the Eastern seaboard that I normally would have. I even spent some time in Atlanta, Georgia (not to be confused with that metroplis in Germany).

BonoManiac said:

Yeah, get thee to SF. Diemen will show you around. :)

LA is not a city, no, it's just a huge sprawl.

If we're talking international, I'd have to add Vienna, London and Tokyo to my favorite city lists. Vienna, wow, I don't know what to say about it.

Diemen said:

Yeah, you'd only be a quick drive away. What school are you thinking of?

Palmer. I'm volunteering at a clinic, and the Drs I work for are both alum. They add "You should apply to Palmer" to the end of practically every sentence. I'm still unsure though. It's funny how I'm hesitant to consider moving out west, yet if given the opportunity I'd move across the Atlantic in a heartbeat.

Diemen said:

I grew up an hour north of LA (in Camarillo). LA is just too amorphous to really recommend as a destination spot. It's huge, it's sprawling, downtown isn't all that much to see. There are some definite cool spots, but overall, it lacks the character cities like San Francisco have.

Well said. There's a lot to see there, but, definitely no on must-see place, and truly lacks character. I miss aspects of it, though, I will admit.

I dated a woman that lived up in Camarillo.

BonoManiac said:

Five months after 9/11 and I was still afraid to fly, so I took the bus down there. It was a 44 hour trip, but I loved every moment, as I was able to see a lot more of the Eastern seaboard that I normally would have. I even spent some time in Atlanta, Georgia (not to be confused with that metroplis in Germany).

Ah. Yeah I loved the architecture. I had to lead a team of 10 undergrads on a spring break trip there. So I got to meet a lot of people who were displaced, which is why although it is undriveable IMHO, it still holds a place in my heart. I completed my biggest accomplishment to date there: I parallel parked a 12-passenger van in the French Quarter.

I loved the architecture and the history...the ghost tour I went on was cheesy but fun. I'd go back, as long as I didn't have to drive.

unico said:

Palmer. I'm volunteering at a clinic, and the Drs I work for are both alum. They add "You should apply to Palmer" to the end of practically every sentence. I'm still unsure though. It's funny how I'm hesitant to consider moving out west, yet if given the opportunity I'd move across the Atlantic in a heartbeat.

I'm sure you'd dig it out here. :) I haven't lived in too many places, but even out of places I've visited I still really love the bay area in comparison. Great city life, awesome natural surroundings, nice cultural mix. Cost of living isn't too hot, but it's something everyone puts up with to live out here.

The one thing I really need to do is travel more. I haven't been out of the country since I was in 1st grade (well, I've been to Canada a couple times in recent years, but that doesn't really count...). I'd looooove to spend a month or two traveling around Europe.

No spoken words said:

Yeah, get thee to SF. Diemen will show you around. :)

LA is not a city, no, it's just a huge sprawl.

If we're talking international, I'd have to add Vienna, London and Tokyo to my favorite city lists. Vienna, wow, I don't know what to say about it.

have you ever done one of those online things that highlights all the states/countries you've been? you've been to all these places i'd love to visit.

Back
Top Bottom