The Temple Bar ~ COLDPLAY ARE RIPPING US OFF!....UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. at first i thought it was VP bc of the av. so i was laughing throughout thinking it was all mockery.

then i did a doubletake and saw it was someone else, who was serious. and i laughed harder.

Me too!!! :laugh:

I hate it when that happens. :angry:

And the few people around here who have used this av inevitably post the stupidest things. I'm aware that it's not a custom av, but dammit, it's mine. :madwife:

:wink:

I hate it when that happens. :angry:

And the few people around here who have used this av inevitably post the stupidest things. I'm aware that it's not a custom av, but dammit, it's mine. :madwife:

:wink:

I second that motion...all the 'ayes'

any 'nays'

The 'ayes' have it...:up:

Veep it's all yours...all other users will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Interference law...:yes:

you should find the original image and get a larger (100x100 or 150x150) version - that'll set you appart from the boneheads...

I suppose you're right. I sort of took some pride in the fact that when larger avs were allowed, I didn't rush to make mine bigger. But maybe it's time.

Or, I could change to Chris Martin, and no one would know the difference, anyway.

So how was the show? The showed a brief clip from it on CP-24 news last night.

Yeah, it's so much clearer and sharper...:up:

Thanks Elfa...I didn't realize avs are you thing...:hmm:

:up: It's a big improvement over your old one...

I suppose you're right. I sort of took some pride in the fact that when larger avs were allowed, I didn't rush to make mine bigger. But maybe it's time.

Or, I could change to Chris Martin, and no one would know the difference, anyway.

So how was the show? The showed a brief clip from it on CP-24 news last night.

If you need to find the picture, I would suggest a request thread in PLEBA, they're like a creepy search engine for U2 pics :up:

The Coldplay show was awesome, I wrote a review in the C-Play thread:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

I love my av. :love:

There's no way I'm ever changing it. :heart:

please do, it offends me :wink:

they're like a creepy search engine for U2 pics :up:

The Coldplay show was awesome, I wrote a review in the C-Play thread:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Coldplay - Viva La Vida - ongoing discussion

:lol:

I'll check it out now.

ETA - sounds like it was good, but not great. I've never seen them. I like them well enough, but I'm not a huge fan or anything, and haven't even listened to the new album in its entirety yet. I think it's more the hype that surrounds them that bugs me, but that's not entirely their fault, is it?

I should try to make my av a bit bigger. :hmm: This is the second av I've had since I joined, and I'm pretty fond of this one...

The only problem is I have about a million photos exactly like that one, and don't remember what it's called. :lol:

I like the new avatar and sig, April :up:

So my boss came in at 9, told me to sit and wait until she finished checking her e-mail, then she'd give me something to do. Two hours later, she's just getting done, and an old friend of hers comes in to the office and starts talking to her. Another hour goes by and the friend finally leaves at 12:45. So we start working. 45 minutes later she says "we're done, let's go home". Then she asks me if I'm still planning on going to the concert tomorrow night. I am, so then she says "well don't bother coming in tomorrow then. I'm only going to be here for an hour or two in the morning and I'm sure you'd rather sleep in than come in and sit around again." So I finished work at 1:30 today, and now I have a 4-day weekend and all day to sleep in and drink before the concert tomorrow night. :rockon:

Government jobs :up:

I like the new avatar and sig, April :up:

So my boss came in at 9, told me to sit and wait until she finished checking her e-mail, then she'd give me something to do. Two hours later, she's just getting done, and an old friend of hers comes in to the office and starts talking to her. Another hour goes by and the friend finally leaves at 12:45. So we start working. 45 minutes later she says "we're done, let's go home". Then she asks me if I'm still planning on going to the concert tomorrow night. I am, so then she says "well don't bother coming in tomorrow then. I'm only going to be here for an hour or two in the morning and I'm sure you'd rather sleep in than come in and sit around again." So I finished work at 1:30 today, and now I have a 4-day weekend and all day to sleep in and drink before the concert tomorrow night. :rockon:

Government jobs :up:

Nice!

So wait, you can be like Reg and make videos on your down time for us. :hyper:

Sweet! :hi5:

Japanese food has been ordered, and should arrive in 20 minutes. :drool:

Yum. What did you get? :drool:

Sweet! :hi5:

What concert are you going to?

The Joel Plaskett Emergency. They're a local band from Halifax, so I doubt you've heard of them out in Van City, but here he'll draw probably 9,000-12,000 people to the show tomorrow night. It's gonna be the kickoff to the second-biggest party weekend of the summer in Halifax! :hyper:

The Joel Plaskett Emergency. They're a local band from Halifax, so I doubt you've heard of them out in Van City, but here he'll draw probably 9,000-12,000 people to the show tomorrow night. It's gonna be the kickoff to the second-biggest party weekend of the summer in Halifax! :hyper:

The name does sound somewhat familiar, but it could be my brain playing tricks on me. :D Sounds like it will be a great event!

Plus, the concert venue is an open-air terrace right on the waterfront, so the view will be incredible. I hear the show last year (same venue, same time of year - I couldn't go 'cause I had to work) was one of his best ever, so I'm hoping it'll be unreal once again.

I think you sent me a couple of their songs once. :yes:

I'm debating running when I get home tonight. I just bought a pedometer last night so I want to try it, then again I feel lazy. Then again I know I'm probably not going to have any time to workout over the weekend...

Decisions, decisions...

Are they as derivative of U2 as every other band on the planet, past, present, and future?

Yeah, Joel Plaskett sings into a mic (copying off Bono) and plays guitar (copying off Edge). And his band has a bass player and a drummer too, clearly they are ripping off U2 :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom