The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually think the Rockies could sweep?? No way. The ALCS pretty much decided the World Series, the Rockies were fun to watch but they're NL on a weak year, and running on momentum (which will be hard to carry into Fenway after an 8 day break) instead of developed talent.

Originally posted last year
People actually think the Cards could sweep?? No way. The ALCS pretty much decided the World Series, the Cardinals were fun to watch but they're NL on a weak year, and running on momentum (which will be hard to carry into Detroit after a break) instead of developed talent.

:hmm:

I think it's either Rockies in 5 or Sox in 7. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter.

Game 1 - sox
Game 2 - sox or rockies
Game 3 - rockies
Game 4 - rockies
Game 5 - sox or rockies
Game 6 - sox
Game 7 - sox

phanan said:
Wakefield will probably start Game 3 this time, and therefore, Game 7.

Becket will start game 7 if there is one. I don't trust DiceK or Wake out there for the game to win it all, and it's the last game of the season, so Becket can do it.

And yes, I think it's possible the bullpen implodes in game 5. I am shaking scared of our pitchers pitching in Colorado, humidor or not. (Especially Wakefield)

But I think it's probably going to follow the exact same win pattern as the ALCS.

Beckett won't start Game 7 if he starts Game 5, although he'll be available in the bullpen.

I don't think pitching in Colorado will have any effect on Beckett, and I find it highly unlikely he loses Game 5.

And it was just announced that Wakefield is off the roster, so I guess his back is acting up again.

So now you've got a rotation like this...

Beckett
Schilling
Dice-K
Lester or Tavarez
Beckett
Schilling
Dice-K, with all hands on deck

Francona has to forget the fourth starter, let Beckett do it. But they won't, and it's obviously gonna be Lester, advantage is they haven't faced him.

Varitek said:
I think it's either Rockies in 5 or Sox in 7. Obviously I'm hoping for the latter.

Just a dumb fact (one of those "I think he just like to hear himself talk" type facts):

The last team to win game seven on the road....Pirates in 1979. I think it looks good for the Sox if they go seven games. I am hoping we do not see baseball in November though.

Varitek said:
Ellsbury is starting game 1. Tavarez should get Wake's roster spot. Sadly, this means Gagme will probably remain on the roester. :ohmy:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Tim Wakefield out, Kyle Snyder in.

Sucks for Wakefield, but he hasn't been fully healthy for the last third of the season, and Jon Lester is a better option as a starter than a banged-up Wakefield.

gherman said:
Well, I got my tickets for game 5. This will be the only time I say "I hope the Rockies lose a game.":huh:
Should have gotten tix for game 3 or 4. When the Sox sweep you'll at least get your money back.

speedracer said:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Tim Wakefield out, Kyle Snyder in.

Sucks for Wakefield, but he hasn't been fully healthy for the last third of the season, and Jon Lester is a better option as a starter than a banged-up Wakefield.

Saw that. I don't get Snyder over Tavarez, at all. Maybe JT is nicked up somewhat? I've been surprised 3 series in a row now that he wasn't on the roster, I've got to think something is up. I'd take JT over Gagne anyway...

I think that's probably true. I think winning game 1 would give the Rox a huge lift, beating Beckett.

Now I hear Rudy Giuliani is rooting for the Red Sox? WFT??? Is he that pissed about his boy Torre getting bounced, or just stumping for votes in Massachusetts?

my friend and i are planning a trip to boston soley to go to the Eagles Deli to take the Burger Challenge.

l_c546a4974e25484df103a325688486c2.jpg

5 pounds of beef, 20 slices of cheese, 20 pieces of bacon and 5 pounds of fries, $50 bucks. Finish it? Free.

tpsreports2424 said:
Oh yeah, I am so excited for the Red sox... love shoving this in my friends face who is a yankee fan..

we gonna win it

Red Sox fans in 2007 = Yankees fans in 1997.

Yeaaaaaaaah :|

Headache in a Suitcase said:
my friend and i are planning a trip to boston soley to go to the Eagles Deli to take the Burger Challenge.

5 pounds of beef, 20 slices of cheese, 20 pieces of bacon and 5 pounds of fries, $50 bucks. Finish it? Free.

Thanks for making sure that doctors will always be gamefully employed. :wink:

something to think about, especially if colorado is able to split at fenway...

assuming that boston wants both ortiz and youkilis in the lineup, that means that boston will be fielding, in the huuuuuuge outfield of coors field, either
a) manny, dinggleberry, youkilis
or worse
b) manny, drew, youkilis.

either way it's not exactly going to be a gold glove outfield out there, with manny and youk occupying the cornet spots and having to cover a gynormous amount of ground.

Youkilis plays 3B as well, so they can take Lowell out. My guess is that each of Lowell, Youkilis, Ortiz takes a game off in Colorado and they leave Drew in RF.

There might be a game or two where Manny comes out for Crisp/Ellsbury late as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom