The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's really my worry. I know the Phils have the offense to get it done.

I know that if we had the kind of pitching the Mets have to back up our bats, we would probably be winning the division right now (hi Headache :wink: ).

I'm really hoping that with Hamels back (he's back Tuesday), and hopefully a reliever or two will be back in time for October so we have a few more options and rested arms so we can sweep the Mets for the 3rd straight time. :happy:

Hopefully, Hamels will come back at full strength, and not show too much rust. Not a lot of time to pitch himself back into shape.

Amazing how the Phils have the Met's #. I'd rather see the Phils in the playoffs than the other NL Wildcard contenders.

So would MLB/the networks.

No spoken words said:
Hopefully, Hamels will come back at full strength, and not show too much rust. Not a lot of time to pitch himself back into shape.

Amazing how the Phils have the Met's #. I'd rather see the Phils in the playoffs than the other NL Wildcard contenders.

The injury was just a strain, so hopefully he won't need much time to get back into shape.

The Mets are playing some really stupid ball today. 3 errors already (2 on the same play that scored 2 runs for the Phils), and Beltran decides to hold on to the ball on a sac fly and allow everybody to advance instead of throwing to 2nd and getting the easy out to end the inning.

Get out the brooms :up:

I'm unimpressed with the Mets. I say that objectively, not due to my dislike of them (I hate the Red Sox but consider them to be the best team in baseball).

No one thing about the Mets makes me less than impressed, just as no one thing blows me away about them.

They just seem like they can be had, again, in the playoffs.

No spoken words said:

It's a shame they don't set it up like the NBA tries to do. They screwed the Phils last year in Washington with the Utley home run call, which partially led to their late collapse.

Error #4 :laugh:

Maybe if Moises Alou didn't piss on his hands, they wouldn't be so slippery and he might be able to hold on to the ball.

ya know the anger you get when one team is clearly better than another team every other day of the season but you can't say anything because the better team plays like a bunch of fuck nut douchebag pussies when they play the one team? yea... that anger.

inconsistancy by a young team is expected. pathetic ineptitude by a veteran team against the team that's trying to chase you falls on the manager.

6 errors and 11 walks is fucking pathetic.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
ya know the anger you get when one team is clearly better than another team every other day of the season but you can't say anything because the better team plays like a bunch of fuck nut douchebag pussies when they play the one team? yea... that anger.

inconsistancy by a young team is expected. pathetic ineptitude by a veteran team against the team that's trying to chase you falls on the manager.

6 errors and 11 walks is fucking pathetic.

How old were you in 1988?

I'm asking Headache that because he's a Met fan, and he knows what happened to the Mets in 1988.

I'm being a bastard, Phil, something you could never understand or relate to, because of your innate goodness.

You're a good person, Philbert.

Devin Hester has speed. Wrong thread.

No spoken words said:

How old were you in 1988?

i know i know... (and yes i was 7) the mets dominated the dodgers that season... i was tempted to post that, but still... it's just ridiculous (and of course the difference is that the mets had the better record and dominated the team with the worse record, not the other way around).

the mets are 25 games over .500 against everyone but the phillies. the phillies are 4 games over .500 against everyone but the mets. take away the head to head games and the mets are 10.5 up on philly... but when they play philadelphia they just shit the bed.

randolph putting mota in the game after beltran tied it was just so retarded on so many levels that... ugh.

No spoken words said:
I'm asking Headache that because he's a Met fan, and he knows what happened to the Mets in 1988.

I'm being a bastard, Phil, something you could never understand or relate to, because of your innate goodness.

You're a good person, Philbert.

Devin Hester has speed. Wrong thread.

I know...but I was answering for headache b/c he's the same age as me. I think his birthday is pretty close to mine...I could be wrong. Nov. 24?

I am a Cubs fan and I know what happened in 1984...:(

Got Philk? said:

I know...but I was answering for headache b/c he's the same age as me. I think his birthday is pretty close to mine...I could be wrong. Nov. 24?

I am a Cubs fan and I know what happened in 1984...:(

You know what happened, but Heacache REMEMBERS what happened. I know what happened to the Yanks in the 1960 World Series (they lost in 7 games) but it means little to me. I SAW what happened to them in 2001, and that's harder to deal with. (I went to all 4 games in AZ for that WS, spent well over $1,000 to see the Yanks lose the WS, then drove 6 hours back to LA with a sleeping Oriole fan who would want to listen to Sade when he woke up. Sade's great for driving 6 hours late at night in the desert)

haha you're old.

frankly, i think the mets losing to the phillies is similar to battlestar galactica.

So if the band could just watch the Mets play the Phils, then perhaps we'd have peace in the Middle East.

perhaps it's because when the phillies don't even make the playoffs none of this shit matters.

When that inevitably happens, I'm punching myself in the face repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom