The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me either, they did send me the "success" email last night and then the "unfulfilled/fulfilled" breakdown one this morning, surprisingly.

That was part of the one from this morning with the fulfilled confirmation

Well, today must be the Oct/Nov email day, so…

giphy.webp

was anyone able to figure out if they changed the pricing on the OVERHANG seats?

From the FB Group

· 20m ·
Just a FYI for anyone who is repurchasing in the presale right now because they originally got stuck under the overhang - it will not work with the Safari browser. It’s been ”loading” on Ticketmaster after I got let into the presale for 25 minutes with Safari. I switched to Chrome and it worked instantly. Good luck!
Also the tickets are still $500 each in the 200s ??????

Apparently it is flat prices, not Dynamic pricing disguised as Platinum Pricing

Repurchasing? What does this mean? Another presale is going on?

The title of the thread says it all. :wink:

It's for the people that returned their overhang seats. Sale for them only today.

Verified Fan tomorrow. :|

"General Sale" for scraps on Friday. :rolleyes:

I glanced at the Dec presales and the P1 seats were not an option that I saw.

Seeing some reports that the refund presale folks were able to land 100 level seats in “unobstructed” areas

This sounds like did I disappoint you? or leave a bad taste in your mouth? (pick one, both? lol)

Ftr I have zero to complain about. Blessed twice over now. But... wish it could have been a bit less nerve-wracking :crazy:

I personally got lucky and therefore have ZERO to complain about. But soooooooooooooo many people got hosed over and over again (didn't help that some people didn't understand the strategy needed to request tickets) and I am aware that it could have been me in that same situation (except on the lack of strategy 'cause I am not that much of a dummy).

I personally got lucky and therefore have ZERO to complain about. But soooooooooooooo many people got hosed over and over again (didn't help that some people didn't understand the strategy needed to request tickets) and I am aware that it could have been me in that same situation (except on the lack of strategy 'cause I am not that much of a dummy).

Curious what you mean by strategy.. Mark and I have obviously spent hours talking about this lol.. but.. in the final round, I picked ONE date. Two GAs. And somehow got 'em. So, not really much of a strategy there? :shrug:

My dummy strategy was being locked in by life to the last Oct/early Nov dates that got sold to Verified Fan first.

Curious what you mean by strategy.. Mark and I have obviously spent hours talking about this lol.. but.. in the final round, I picked ONE date. Two GAs. And somehow got 'em. So, not really much of a strategy there? :shrug:

it's a lottery, so some of it is of course just sheer dumb luck and no amount of "strategy" is going to fix your "number" not being pulled.

In the first lottery, I only requested one date, because I had already bought a hotel package. But, I of course requested ALL levels. Got lucky and ended up with GA. Was there a lot of strategy there? Nope, but I made sure I was open to anything that got me in the door.

So specially after the shit show that was the first lottery, anyone that was trying to get their first ticket that only requested one type of ticket was gambling... If your number got pulled and your request was so limited, then you risked being unfulfilled. I saw someone say that they were a loser again after requesting 5 dates. Red Zone only. You mean the Red Zone that only has 50 tickets? :doh:

For this third lottery, specially for people like you and I who already had guaranteed tickets, we could afford to be pickier and say f-it. Whatever happens, happens, but there were people who were still going for their first set of tickets that got picky. :shrug:

In the first lottery, I only requested one date, because I had already bought a hotel package. But, I of course requested ALL levels. Got lucky and ended up with GA. Was there a lot of strategy there? Nope, but I made sure I was open to anything that got me in the door.

Was convinced that the Best Seats Available algorithm would take precedence here; that is, if you had more expensive seats selected for a given date, and GAs... the more expensive seats would be what you'd get. Sounds like maybe that wasn't accurate in at least your case.

I saw someone say that they were a loser again after requesting 5 dates. Red Zone only. You mean the Red Zone that only has 50 tickets? :doh:

The absence of strategy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom