The Only Ones Staring At The Sun…Yes We’re the Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe we did say that. :wink:

I'm in Minneapolis now for school, but originally from the southeastern part of the state, a small town called La Crescent. Can't say I'm too sad to have moved though. :wink:

I lived in MN for 4 years. What school do you go to in the cities?

I was actually brought up Christian but never believed it. It was something I sort of had to do. :down:

Was there a certain point when you realized it wasn't for you, or was your heart never in it?

What are the chances, I was baptized methodist too :D But only to please my grandparents - neither of my parents are religious, I don't think anyone in my family is anymore actually.

:lol: I'm pretty sure that was the reason me and my sisters were all baptized Methodist too. My mom's parents are still quite religious. My dad's parents still consider themselves believers, but don't go to church anymore.

I have quite a few friends who are agnostic and atheists. What the atheists say is that they don't believe there can be ONE power. And have a problem with the fact that religion centers around one being or one power. :hmm:

I have quite a few friends who are agnostic and atheists. What the atheists say is that they don't believe there can be ONE power. And have a problem with the fact that religion centers around one being or one power. :hmm:

My problem lies more with organized religion than anything else. I do believe that there is something, I just don't know what, and I don't think I should have to choose religious sides.

:lol: Sounds like MN to me!

Of course I'm on Facebook, what good college student isn't? :wink:

Feel free to add me: Login | Facebook

I added you :D

Also.. when I first moved here, (to the US) I admit I did have doubts about my religion, about everything I had been brought up to believe after having conversations like these with friends. But now over the past couple years, my faith is strengthened. If anything, it' stronger than ever before. I know God exists. It's inexplicably linked - if you have faith, he exists and if he exists for you, you have faith :D

Each time I pray or anything, I feel very comforted.

I added you :D

Also.. when I first moved here, (to the US) I admit I did have doubts about my religion, about everything I had been brought up to believe after having conversations like these with friends. But now over the past couple years, my faith is strengthened. If anything, it' stronger than ever before. I know God exists. It's inexplicably linked - if you have faith, he exists and if he exists for you, you have faith :D

Each time I pray or anything, I feel very comforted.

Friendship confirmed. :wink:

That's awesome! I have the utmost respect for people who can follow a religion, and I find religions extremely fascinating, but it's just not for me.

Friendship confirmed. :wink:

That's awesome! I have the utmost respect for people who can follow a religion, and I find religions extremely fascinating, but it's just not for me.

I'm exactly the same - I really loathe the people who feel it is their absolute goal in life to discredit all religions and those who believe. Okay, if people are doing hurtful things in the name of their religion (i.e those far right christian groups that can be very dangerous) then that needs to be stopped, but I think having an unstinting belief is something to be proud of. Like I said before, I'm jealous of people that can believe :)

Oh, and did I hear someone mention facebook?! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom