The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping the rest of my list wasn't bad enough to make you log off the Internet or anything.

She Bangs the Drums, but really anything from that album could have worked. It's fantastic.

Excluding what I already knew my favourite tracks were probably Tv on the Radio and Broken Social Scene. In terms of least favourite The W.A.N.D. bores the hell out of me, Smash Mouth didn't impress me much but that could grow on me and I'm not much of a Stones fan either but that song was okay. Overall the transitions were great, The Love Below was full of amazing ones, especially the rap/hip hop section even paper planes went into the W.A.N.D. great

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

What a list, YLB. Really, really fucking good, arguably the best I've heard in this game. Layla is a perfect send off, too. What an outro.

That's gonna be hard to top.

Wow, thank you.

Damn it, LMP, why'd you have to also use Layla? :tongue:

Figured I'd go out on a Michael Bay-esque AWESOME note.

LMP, I'm just not sure what to rate your list yet. I might need to listen to it again. The last part was pretty solid though :up:

At least you were descriptive.

Anybody want to send theirs to me, go for it. Mine should be up in a few days.

I'll get to it in a sec.

I'm hoping the rest of my list wasn't bad enough to make you log off the Internet or anything.

It clogged all of the tubes.

:lol: no sorry, I had classes and such, and I'm about to get ready for a party sooo I prolly won't have time to finish it til tomorrow, but finish it I shall

I got through Bowie before I had to stop. I love Kanye but the Jay-Z was pretty meh for me. The rest was coo'.

I need to start listening to some of these. They all are looking fantastic.

At first glance, AB gets huge points for having If These Trees Could Talk on hers. They are on mine as well, and I didn't know anyone else knew about them.

I've never even heard of a lot of the tracks on AB's list. Should be an interesting listen.

LMP, I think it was a lot like this. Your first disc, while not music I generally enjoy all that much, was very well put together. No one should expect that I was in love with the second disc, but, even if I didn't enjoy it, that doesn't mean it wasn't well put together, yet again, You are good at that, as we all know. But that last disc, I very much did enjoy PLUS, I think it worked really well overall. So my only thing is that sometimes I don't know, do I rate on my enjoyment or one the idea of how good the list was, so, putting them together, I'd probably give you the same as Peef, B-. Both of your lists are great, I just don't necessarily think they're chock full of stuff I, myself, would listen to all the time, is what I'm trying to say....I hope all that makes sense.

Just finished John's list. Pretty great over all, maybe a little bit towards the end I was finding myself growing bored, but that just could be because I was playing an enthralling game of Monopoly while listening to it. My only real complaint is the last transition, the one into The Smiths...that didn't work out so well, but over all I'd give your list a A.

ETA: I'm not going to keep rating using numbers because I can't figure out what my number scale actually means. Let's see how letters go.

The first 6 tracks worked really well together, and the way they built into Couleurs, was, imo, pretty fantastic.

Thanks to Gump's list, I realized I had a time error on one of my Narrow Stairs tracks. So, I looked into it, and all the times were off. It's actually Velveteen's album. I was duped. Fuck.

LMP, I think it was a lot like this. Your first disc, while not music I generally enjoy all that much, was very well put together. No one should expect that I was in love with the second disc, but, even if I didn't enjoy it, that doesn't mean it wasn't well put together, yet again, You are good at that, as we all know. But that last disc, I very much did enjoy PLUS, I think it worked really well overall. So my only thing is that sometimes I don't know, do I rate on my enjoyment or one the idea of how good the list was, so, putting them together, I'd probably give you the same as Peef, B-. Both of your lists are great, I just don't necessarily think they're chock full of stuff I, myself, would listen to all the time, is what I'm trying to say....I hope all that makes sense.

Oh no, totally cool. I'm the same way when I hear other lists, too... just trying to find a balance between personal enjoyment and list "quality," you know?

I'll ask the same questions I asked John, what were your fave tracks? Least fave? Fave transition?

Oh no, totally cool. I'm the same way when I hear other lists, too... just trying to find a balance between personal enjoyment and list "quality," you know?

I'll ask the same questions I asked John, what were your fave tracks? Least fave? Fave transition?

I really didn't care much for "In Heaven", but, I got reacquainted with "Mr. Bad Example" which was a great time. There was no specific transition that I can think of that I thought was great. Part 2 does flow really well though.

Oh, and Gump, Your list was great, especially for this being your first time doing this. Closed with my favorite Elbow song, so that was fantastic. Being a fan of Revolution 9, that was exciting seeing it there, and it worked into Fez pretty well. I'd probably give you a rating right around Peef and LMP's.

Just to be clear, everyone's lists have been pretty fantastic so far. I really do love playing this game, and I almost always end up getting something great out of each list, so, I'm glad we're getting started again.

I don't give out grades. I just can't figure out a reasonable way to do it. I just keep my own ranking based on how much I like a list compared to the others.

I don't give out grades. I just can't figure out a reasonable way to do it. I just keep my own ranking based on how much I like a list compared to the others.

Yeah, I didn't rank last time for the same reason, I thought I'd try this time, but I've already given up. I mean, I could rank from 1 - 19 what my favorite lists are, but I don't want to do that.

The first track made me feel like I was playing an arcade game. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing. It kind of feels cheesy compared to the epicness of EITS.

EITS is epic, as stated above. I love this song.

The transition into Flaming Lips is rough. That's a tough song to end with. The only way I found I could use it was to end the playlist with it.

I'd never really given Elbow the time of day before, but I really dig this song.

...and this is a classic example of why Pearl Jam was so good in their first few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom