The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night one of the list people was going up and down the line where I was shouting/screaming at people that if you didn't have a wristband you had no business being in the line. She had her notebook in a clear plastic bag. In case of fire or flood or nuclear disaster I guess. Thankfully I don't even know any if these people by name, I say that only because it's all so foolish. She should have borrowed the megaphone.

A shouting match ensued between some people in the line who had them and some who didn't. The TD Garden clearly didn't give a crap about even trying to organize any of it, that was obvious Thursday.

I went in and got my wristband both times. There were people all around me without the numbered wristband.
So I don't know why that was even required since TD Garden didn't even care if you had one.

I can picture that so clearly in my head. How sad.

I was really surprised to hear about how chaotic it was entering the building both nights. When I got a wristband in 2015 for one show, there were no issues.

Yeah the Garden really had their shit together in 2015, even splitting entry into 2 lines (north side & south side) prior to entering the building.
Completely different this year. They gave out wristbands, which is great. But truly did nothing after that. Entry into the building was not really monitored at all, numbers on bands not checked.
I think with all the construction, they had less (meaning no) room to set up barricades and such (which they had for the lines in 2015) and just did the bare minimum by handing out the bands to keep people from lining up all day.

Showed up at 7 tonight. Didn't have rail. Got a setlist. So that's 3 picks from Dallas, a pick from Adam, and a setlist without spending any time in line or putting my name in a notebook. All I need is a drumstick and I can laugh even harder at Jamie's stupid theory from last year.

That's awesome :up:

I had seats for Boston 1. Had a relaxing dinner and drinks and listened to The Joshua Tree tribute band at the bar across the street. Walked in at 7pm. Noticed people without wristbands walking around the floor and security not checking. Walked right past them and ended up center of the screen Adam's side second row from the rail. No numbers, no notebooks, no 7am line up. :up: Probably an anomaly, but still an awesome experience :up:

That's awesome :up:

I had seats for Boston 1. Had a relaxing dinner and drinks and listened to The Joshua Tree tribute band at the bar across the street. Walked in at 7pm. Noticed people without wristbands walking around the floor and security not checking. Walked right past them and ended up center of the screen Adam's side second row from the rail. No numbers, no notebooks, no 7am line up. :up: Probably an anomaly, but still an awesome experience :up:

That would explain why the floor seemed a lot more packed than 2015.

Last night, they were barely glancing at wristbands. The floor was absolutely packed both nights. This explains why.

I can't really judge because I got on the floor in 2015 at the TD Garden with a different colored wristband after having a seated ticket. But I actually had a wristband on, unlike the people who got on the floor the last 2 nights.

Last edited:
That would explain why the floor seemed a lot more packed than 2015.

To me it was much more packed last night than Thursday. At least on the opposite side than we were on Thursday.

I thought there were fire codes that dictated how many people could be down there. At least that's what they used to say. I'm not into the list people at all, but if you don't have a GA ticket you shouldn't be down there. I wouldn't do it.

I thought there were fire codes that dictated how many people could be down there. .

Oh there most definitely are. I am a bit surprised at the laissez-faire attitude this year by security.
God forbid something had happened and it came to light they had been lax and the floor was overcrowded, the lawsuits would have been massive.

Oh there most definitely are. I am a bit surprised at the laissez-faire attitude this year by security.
God forbid something had happened and it came to light they had been lax and the floor was overcrowded, the lawsuits would have been massive.

That's what I thought. That is a very serious issue.

Speaking of that -- what is the MSG bag policy? No memory of what I did last tour, 3 years ago. I see it online, but in real life, if you're a guy and you have your man purse from work is that a good idea? I have to take my bee kit with me during the day in NYC and usually have my sunglasses and other fun shit... I don't remember if I go in with my bag last time or I was smart and just wore a jacket to shove shit into.

At Gilette Stadium for U2 you could only bring in things via a clear plastic bag they provided you.

I have to take my bee kit with me during the day in NYC

album_large_2992_4e2d8f1fe2100.jpg

I had GA for both Boston shows. There was definitely a lot more people on the floor than the last tour, and based on the youtube videos i've seen, a lot more than in other cities. For boston 1 the e-stage area was so tight that you barely move; my other half took a pee-break and missed 3 songs because of how tightly packed in we were (and there was no bathroom line at that point). Also, Garden security was quite rude both nights. I know they have a job to do, but I saw several instances of them yelling at people for not very good reasons... Boston 2 seemed a bit better as far as people on the floor goes. I was on Edge-side at the corner of the catwalk and e-stage and there was at least room to breath, move and have fun. Toward the end of the e-stage set some 6'4" asshat and his girlfriend pushed their way up in front of us, but otherwise it was a great night.

Speaking of that -- what is the MSG bag policy? No memory of what I did last tour, 3 years ago. I see it online, but in real life, if you're a guy and you have your man purse from work is that a good idea? I have to take my bee kit with me during the day in NYC and usually have my sunglasses and other fun shit... I don't remember if I go in with my bag last time or I was smart and just wore a jacket to shove shit into.

At Gilette Stadium for U2 you could only bring in things via a clear plastic bag they provided you.

The Garden actually has one of the more liberal bag policies out there since nobody has cars and everyone comes from work. Their official word is it has to be small enough to fit under your seat, so that is pretty big. So you can bring your work bag, just expect it to be run through a screening machine like they use at the airport. Don't bring anything bigger than a briefcase or bigger than a daypack, those would be turned away (probably)

We had GA for both shows, and agree that it seemed more crowded than three years ago. We didn't camp out or line up at all, arriving on the floor around 7:30pm, still easily getting pretty much the spots we wanted. Night 1 we were two rows back from the middle of the ramp on Edge's side. Had Bono and Larry directly in front of us during their features, but of course, couldn't see the screen very well from so close up. Didn't seem overcrowded where we were, but the areas toward either stage were jammed, and this was exacerbated near the e stage by the VIP platform on that side taking up more space.

Night 2 we wanted a broader view of the production (especially the fantastic intermission video), so stood right by the RZ entrance on Adam's side. The Celtics mascot walked right by us there before the show - oops, it was really Joe O'Herlihy. Garden security was clearly frustrated with having to keep the EdgeLane clear throughout most of the show. That area was VERY crowded at first, then eased up as the action moved to the main and e stages - but got packed again during SATS, as everyone knew Edge would be coming. After COBL, the floor seamed to "relax" a bit, and we wormed our way up toward the main stage, settling on the RZ rail, about halfway between the RZ entrance and the stage. Not "close", but still a great view.

Nice moment was when one of the two big guys next to us let a 5' girl move to their position on the RZ entrance rail, as she was having hard time seeing anything. Well done, gents.

Last edited:
So to recap the MSG Bag Policy is TO GO FUCK MYSELF!

I would contact MSG and tell them you have a medical issue. I assume that's what you mean by bee kit, sorry I don't mean to be rude or intrusive. Get a note from your Dr in case they give you any issue about it, I would get one either way just in case. There are people who have to carry things such as insulin and syringes and other medical necessities. I don't know what to tell you about the man purse, I guess by your post they won't allow it. That's just the way things have to be these days, unfortunately.

I believe Gillette Stadium just follows the NFL clear bag policy for every event there. Just saying since you did mention that.

I’m going to Uncasville! I overpaid for a GA ticket. I’m going solo. This one is for me. My father just passed away, my divorce is final, and I just sold the house. I’m so looking forward to this

Back
Top Bottom