"The hips of the music" (Mofo and Vertigo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
I remember, in the build-up to POP's release, Bono talking about Mofo in an interview. He mentioned that Mofo was a song where you could really find "the hips of the music".

While Mofo was a great tune in its own right, I'm not sure that I ever located its real hips (except when I listened to an earpiece or soundboard recording from Edmonton '97 - - much funkier start). I liked Mofo for other reasons.

Now Vertigo on the other hand, there's a tune with big, swinging, sweaty hips. In fact, I don't think U2 has ever had a song with such a huge gyrating pelvis. This song is special, different than anything else they've done, and different than anything else out there (without getting "far out"), and I love it. Can't wait for the A-bomb.

Bigger hips: Mofo or Vertigo?..........methinks Vertigo.

To me Mofo is more of a head banging song. I vote for Vertigo as having the hips.

(Especially after seeing Bono doing his little twist in the video)

Knuckle said:

Now Vertigo on the other hand, there's a tune with big, swinging, sweaty hips. In fact, I don't think U2 has ever had a song with such a huge gyrating pelvis. .

Wow, that was just an overwhelmingly vivid mental image. :yikes: I think I'd have to go with Mofo, but maybe that's because I've a preference for smaller, non-sweaty hips.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom