The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm doing GA. If you do end up going I'll be happy to drive you to and from your hotel. If that's where I think it is, then it's really not all that close to the stadium. They're both on campus but not really within walking distance. It's June. U2.com sux.

oh wait :der: I was thinking of a different hotel. I have no idea about the Radisson but I did see the link in the other thread and it says Gopher football so don't mind me....I don't know WTF I'm talking about :)

tickets aren't going on sale today so there's no reason that I should be on the computer right now when I have things to do.....like meet my mom at my grandpa's in 20 minutes. I'm not even ready yet :reject: Or buy supplies for a project at work this week. U2 is going to be the death of me.....

I am in so much pain right now.

I think my dentist majorly screwed something up. I had a cracked tooth and she drilled (she said it was a really big cavity close to a nerve). I think she nicked the nerve, because as soon as the novicane wore off at home, it felt (still feels) like someone is stabbing me in the mouth. I haven't been in this much pain since . . . ever.

They called in some pain medicine and hopefully dad will bring it home soon. It better work!

I bet I have to have a root canal now and I have to shell out $$$. I am so pissed off! Stupid dentist. Ow :sad:

I think my dentist majorly screwed something up. I had a cracked tooth and she drilled (she said it was a really big cavity close to a nerve). I think she nicked the nerve, because as soon as the novicane wore off at home, it felt (still feels) like someone is stabbing me in the mouth. I haven't been in this much pain since . . . ever.

They called in some pain medicine and hopefully dad will bring it home soon. It better work!

I bet I have to have a root canal now and I have to shell out $$$. I am so pissed off! Stupid dentist. Ow :sad:

:hug: that doesn't sound like fun :no:

That cake looks yummy :drool:
and after reading this I want it..
MAKIN' MUSIC: Whirlwind Chicago-based entertainment and sports agent Mark Stein sure has been busy -- traveling around with Bruce Springsteen's tour and his client, the Boss' longtime drummer Max Weinberg. According to Stein, all indications are the Nov. 22 concert in Buffalo will be the last E Street Band show ever, but Stein is working with Weinberg to develop the Max Weinberg Big Band, debuting at Miami's Fontainebleau Hotel Dec. 27-28.

Now I just want to cry :sad:

not sure why your would need root canal after what happened today but if it's something due to your dentist than they pay for it. That happened to my mom not too long ago where the dentist did work and she still had an issue and after more x-rays he admitted he made a mistake. She was about to freak out on him not only because of the work involved and the time off of work but because of the additional money. He paid for the entire next visit plus I think knocked money off of her previous visit.

That cake looks yummy :drool:
and after reading this I want it..
MAKIN' MUSIC: Whirlwind Chicago-based entertainment and sports agent Mark Stein sure has been busy -- traveling around with Bruce Springsteen's tour and his client, the Boss' longtime drummer Max Weinberg. According to Stein, all indications are the Nov. 22 concert in Buffalo will be the last E Street Band show ever, but Stein is working with Weinberg to develop the Max Weinberg Big Band, debuting at Miami's Fontainebleau Hotel Dec. 27-28.

Now I just want to cry :sad:

I don't believe it!

by the way....how was your show and did they play everything on your list?!?!

:( Sorry to hear this. Ice and pain meds :up:

not sure why your would need root canal after what happened today but if it's something due to your dentist than they pay for it. That happened to my mom not too long ago where the dentist did work and she still had an issue and after more x-rays he admitted he made a mistake. She was about to freak out on him not only because of the work involved and the time off of work but because of the additional money. He paid for the entire next visit plus I think knocked money off of her previous visit.

If she nicked the nerve, then they would have to kill the nerve via a root canal, I think :reject:. The last root canal I had was because of the location of the cavity, not because it abscessed. She probably should have just gone ahead and scheduled a root canal after she started drilling today and saw how far the cavity went - or looked closer on the xray. I'll have to go back now anyway (they're going to call me tomorrow).

I'm thinking I need to switch dentists either way. She's out of network, but I like her personally. But it's not worth this.

I just bought a Neti pot. :shifty: I laughed the entire time so most the liquid is now on my shirt :reject: :der: My entire family swears by it and says my sinus headaches will go away by using one daily so I just ran to Target to get one. I've been popping pills all weekend and it still feels like someone stepped on my face :|

Hope the Neti pot works

I was just writing up my feelings on the concert last night and I coughed, hit a button on the computer and blam.........gone :mad:

I am so tired tonight and I have GA rail arms ~ bruises from leaning on rail to hard to take pressure off knee. Standing in one spot is not good but it was all worth it.
Gonna veg out in front of tv and fall asleep. Off Tuesday so I will put something together about the show. From what I have read there were 2 tapers and 1 video-er :up:

I've hardly logged on to the computer in the past few weeks. Some here may have been aware and some probably not but my dad went into the hospital the day I got back from Vegas and passed away last Friday and the funeral was Weds. I've talked about him some here in the past so I thought I would let you all know.

As for U2 next year right now it will all be decided where I'll go depending on how the next few months play out with my mom and I. It will probably end up being a last minute thing if I can get tickets at this point. I've felt guilty for being in Vegas when I probably should have been at home with my dad so it's been hard to even think about next year.

:hug: I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank you for letting us know...I'm sure that wasn't easy to write. We're thinking about you.

oh I guess it's 10-3. :shrug:

I'm officially obsessed with Cake Boss. I usually can't watch shows about pastries because then I start stressing out about work or the fact that I'm out of work :| so I skip over chef shows, especially pastry ones. But there was a Cake Boss marathon on last night and I watched the whole thing. I want to work for a cake bakery so bad but none of them in town are ever hiring and if they do need someone, they take an extern that works for free. That's the one area that I'm just not too confident in. I did make a cake yesterday at work and although I thought it looked like crap, I guess it impressed the hell out of the GM of the hotel. He came up to me no less than 3 times to tell me how spectacular it looked. It really makes me wonder what the previous pastry chef did because my cake wasn't all that.

I like the Cake Boss, but I prefer Ace of Cakes. The way they say "fondant" on CB bothers me for some reason, probably because I was just used to the way all the AoC people said it.

Someone the roomie grew up with got married recently and their groom's cake was from Cake Boss! It's a very good replica of a tour bus from the company they own.

I'm always trying to think of a reason to get a cake from Charm City Cakes but I'm sure they're amazingly expensive and don't deliver to Indy...

I've only heard it pronounced fond ant....like the insect ant. Not Fon Dont like the man's name Don with a t at the end. Other than one idiot at the resort that didn't know how to do anything so he would say things like Fon Dont and pist aaah chios instead of pist ash ios. There's also something used with an almond base called Frangipane. I've only heard it pronounced as Fran japan. But my boss at my last job insisted that it was Frohn (John) gi pon. (like pond without the d) I don't know if any of that made any sense but yeah I don't like the way Cake Boss says that. Also, I can't stand how they "dirty" ice everything for a crumb coat on a cake. You're trying to cover up all of the crumbs so just call it a crumb coat. If you are going to "dirty" ice it than please stop explaining what dirty icing is. It's like Rachael Ray and her flippin EVOO "you know....extra virgin olive oil..." If you're gonna call it EVOO then stop saying what EVOO stands for because by now everyone knows! :der:

:crazy:

Other than that I do really like Cake Boss. I'm actually tired of Charm City Cakes but I tend to get sick of reality shows after about a year or two. I just think they start out as an innocent show about someone and then it becomes staged because the real situations in their lives aren't really as interesting to film as it used to be.

I forgot about MNF. Actually I forgot to even turn the TV on tonight for anything so now I'm not sure if I want to get into Cake Boss because I'm sure I'll find something else to watch after and stay up all night. I have to make mini dessert platters for work each day and I HATE the way the previous person did them. So I've been looking at recipes and pictures all night to make some new and fun stuff this week.

: To clarify agent Mark Stein's quote in Monday's column -- while many believe Bruce Springsteen's concert Sunday in Buffalo, N.Y., could be the last with the E Street Band, Stein stressed Tuesday it's technically only the last one for this tour.

^happier with that statement. I certainly hope so. Just THIS tour.

Minnesota show is out for me - I have two root canals on the horizon which will take up that money :grumpy:

that totally sucks ass. I hope your dentist doesn't charge you for her mistake.

Thanks for the code! Makes my friend's life so much easier. I think she was counting on me getting her a ticket in the presale but I'll be at work so now I don't have to worry about that.

Now...if I could just find 2 more codes and of course a $200+ then I could get my mom and a guest seats. She really wants to go but I'm not so sure the rest of the family would go but I'd still try to find 2 seats and not one so she doesn't have to sit alone like she did for Vertigo.

Thoughts about the Springsteen Concert 11.15.09

Loved GA. I have no problem w/ the lottery. It was so organized. I was #536, J was #537. Number drawn was #10. We were really just missing the pit. People around us were upset but I figured that we would be on the rail where Springsteen runs during Hungry Heart and later Higher & Higher. We got let in to the BC and directed to a ticket person who scanned my card and told us to have a good time. A young fella came over and showed us the way. Um wow. Stepped onto the court and had a WOW I am really here. Looked down the rail to the front of the mini stage and saw a group of people already there. I saw rail and was happy. J and I had found our spot. It was off to the side of the mini stage and off to the left of the video camera operator "Legs". That was his name.
I proceeded to just take it all in. We had a nice group around us. J had someone watching Bones on her phone so they bonded and I had a gal who had been to Harley Fest too so we compared notes. The music they played while setting the lighting and the stage :heart: I mentally spent around $60 on iTunes.
The lights went off at 8:18. Bruuuuuuuuce chants began. The band came out to cheers. Bruce and Clarence were the last. Bruce helped Clarence to his spot, patted him on the back and headed to center stage to cheers. It was very touching to see Scooter help the Big Man and then pat him on the back.

Cadillac Ranch ~ Wow, what a perfect song to open the show with! He made sure he let everyone know that he knew where he was this night. WISCONSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! The crowd was going nuts. "Driving thru the Wisconsin night"

Badlands ~ The BC was rocking. Turns out he audibled and changed it from Outlaw Pete to Badlands.

Hungry Heart ~ The song began and Bruce had us sing the first verse and we were loud and he was proud. Off to the other side of the stage where he went down the side aisle towards the stage near us. He got to the mid-stage and he was soooooooooooo close. He sang from there and then turned to the people in the pit asked if they were ready and just fell onto them. They began passing him up but got him going a little sideways. Bruce is smiling and pointing to the stage. He gets back on track and eventually makes it to stage. He is smiling and doing a *whew* motion.

Working On A Dream ~ Not a favorite song from his new CD, but done live it works. He seems pleased w/ crowd participation. (Ends up being my bosses favorite song)
BTR album begins.

Thunder Road ~ I can listen to this song repeatedly. Classic. We sing our part and he is impressed and beaming.

10th Ave. ~ What a fun song. Bruce does his drop to knees, back to feet, on tip toes, bend all the way back move. :combust: Gets me everytime! He owns the stage and us.

Night ~ Never heard this in person before. I stand and take it all in

Backstreets ~ Also never heard this in person. This one gets me. I tear up. Bruce is singing it w/ such emotion. It was powerful. J sees me tearing up and pats me on the back.

Born To Run ~ Light up. Crowd going crazy. 15,000 people doing arm pumps motions. Staggering

She's The One ~ Also a fun song. U2 sung it to Bruce on his birthday at Giant Stadium. It wasn't bad. Bruce singing it, that is the way it is meant to be done. OHHHHHH, She's the one. We knew out part.

Meeting ~ No Richard Davis this time but Curt on trumpet. Divine anyway he does it.
Jungleland~ The Big Man shined. His sax solo, he just nailed it. Milwaukee has always had a thing or him. He gets just monsterous cheers. When the audience sings "Down in Jungleland" at the end ~ goosebumps.

Album over. Bruce has the E Street guys who helped create the BTR album come down and take a bow. Bruce also points up and thanks Danny, The Phantom, Federici..........we give a loud cheer and it touches Bruce.....he is just beaming again.

Darlington County ~ Me and Wayne on the 4th of July. Again, just fun :)

Sunny Day~ This song is always bashed by some fans. Bruce likes it, has fun w/ it and he gives us the chance to request songs so just let him play it. Milwaukee really got into it. Bruce actually had to hush us to let the boy sing his part. The kid did good and then produced a note. He tried to give it to Bruce. Bruce must have seen Max's name on it and sent the kid up to Max. Max got the note and gave the kid drumsticks. The kid went back to his parents in the pit and was just so happy. Everyone was :hi5:-ing him. Bruce was curious about the note so he went back to Max an tapped on the high hat and had Max read the note. It was a very cute moment.

Requests section:

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town ~ Yeah it is only Nov. 15 but since I work in retail and Christmas began in July, I have no problem w/ it. Gotta say I didn't think it could get any louder but it did. Fun. Bruce saw a sign in back by us and had everyone help pass it forward. When Bruce asked for the lights to be turned off and eventually the spotlight, the little tree shined brightly. Lights back up, end of song. Instead of just throwing the sign off to the side, Bruce has Kevin come get it and take it backstage. A Bruce christmas decoration? :lol:

Loose Ends ~ More lights around this sign. Bruce is laughing and says, "Wisconsin has some creative motherfuckers". Fun song again, off of Tracks album. One of Steve's favorites.

Jole Blon ~ :heart:
YouTube - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN "Jole Blon" 11/15/09 Milwaukee, WI
Never thought I would hear him do this.

Growin' Up ~ A song I have wanted to hear him do. I hope someone captured it and it ends up on You Tube. Lots of emotion on this one from Bruce.

Into The Fire/The Rising: Into The Fire meant more tears for me. It leading into The Rising. Emotional. Powerful. It began w/ Bruce wailing/singing. Hard to describe.

No Surrender: I still love it. Still reminds me of classmate who died...........twas a favorite of his.

Living Proof ~ Not played since 2003. OMG moment of the night. Song written by Springsteen when his first child was born. I have always loved it. NEVER thought I would hear it performed. I just presumed it was just such a personal song to him. A guy from BTX had a little girl a couple weeks ago. He got in the pit w/ his sign.
I love the comment from Bruce, "The band is panicking" "I can do it myself...........sissies!" "Oh man they don't know it" and he laughs
YouTube - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN "Living Proof" 11/15/09 Milwaukee, WI
J is checking to make sure I am ok. I am tearing up again.
I also just love watching Bruce directing the band. I also love Bruce's laugh.

Kitty's Back~ A 14 minute version. It showcases the whole band at some point. I am in music heaven. Horns, piano, guitar...............I don't know who to watch. It blew my mind.

American Land ~ :heart: Still fun

Dancing In The Dark ~ Bruce sees girl w/ sign that asks if she can dance w/ Steve. Steve is a little :crack: about it, but goes along w/ it. The girl kinda dances w/ him and around him. It is freat fun to watch. Bruce makes a comment at the end about the tough time Steve is having the past 2 concerts............he had to sing the lead in Rosalita and now he has to dance and see being the Boss isn't all that it is cracked up to be. :lol:

Rosalita~ LOVE this! So much fun to sing and dance to. More audience participation. Plus I always think of my friend Rosie.......just from the title of the song. I still miss her.

Higher & Higher~ The best show closer. Don't care that it is not a Bruce song. It was meant to be the show closer for Bruce. Fantastic. This is also the part where Bruce brings some of the group out to the stage w/ him. After performing there he goes down the stairs and toward us. Everyone is reaching out to touch him and I am no exception. I got part of the shirt he was wearing. Bliss. I am happy. He was RIGHT in front of me smiling and laughing at the chaos. My one regret of this concert? Putting my camera in the car after getting GA tickets. Signs plastered on the windows saying NO CAMERAS. Everyone in GA had cameras and what more? Security had no problem w/ them. I have those pictures in my head. They are mine, all mine. Bruce gets back to stage and helps the others back up. Song ends, Bruce thanks everyone for coming out and says, "We'll be back". Words everyone wants to hear.

Sorry that is so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom