The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That goal from the centre square was amazing. Hell, the whole quarter was. This is going to be a tense final quarter!

... Goal from the centre square?!

:yes:

In contrast, the Pies can't even make it to the goal from 50 or so out.

After watching the Pies' coaching staff clap for some of these Hawthorn goals, Richmond's coach seems like even more of a dickhole. He screamed like a bastard every time something went right for us. If there had been a drinking game in place for all the times he slammed down the phone, I would still be drunk.

Okay I can definitely now see how and why Hawthorn are rated as early premiership favourites.

Hahahahaha thank you, camera man, for showing an extreme closeup of the game clock. I had no idea how much time was left thanks to the bug crapping out.

Carlton can beat the Pies this year, I'm certain of it. Especially if our defense gets healthy in time. I know we can score enough to win: I'm not at all impressed with their back line.

Hawthorn looks awesome.

What a fucking great game! Great way to really kick the season into gear. Hawthorn look bloody good, but Collingwood don't exactly look shabby either - especially considering they've got some big names returning in the next few weeks. Might take a little while to conclusively tell if they've slipped much from last year or not.

Also, the umpires look terrible this year with the grey shorts/trousers. Looks like they're wearing a school uniform.

I could have sworn the girl umpire was on the Hawks goal in that last quarter, but clearly she wasn't... hallucinating again, I suppose.

That was a great 20 mins of footy I finally tuned in for! The Pies had me worried for a bit but it's good to know the Hawks can come through when the pressure's on. Collingwood gave us a good run though.

LM, are you able to stream the radio station TripleM over there? They call a lot of the games live... Listen Online - Triple M Melbourne

Aside from all those goals he missed? :wink:

Okay, yes, he got five goals, which I'm certainly not complaining about. But it should have been six at least from what I saw. Honest clueless question here - does he get all those opportunities because he's an incredible player, or because the team has a great mid-field feeding him the ball constantly?

Don't pull too much of a Vlad, Daniel. :wink:

Sack Bucks, bring back Mick, rip up Pendles new contract, trade Cloke to GWS this team is done! :wink:

Hawks shut us down defensively in the last quarter no doubt. Long kicks to contested marks which usually were fumbled and turned over, it was a bloody good game of Footy though. If Buddy and Mr.Delicious looked good tonight, imagine when they get Rough back into that lineup!

Super match of footy. Two top teams. The intensity of Collingwood vs the slickness and space of Hawthorn. Stoked to see Buckley lose his first game of coach.

Still say Franklin's overhyped. He made a few clumsy errors but still a very effective forward. It's a shame that other Hawthorn players aren't given the respect that they are due. Birchall was my BOG tonight with Pendles of Collingwood. Savage was efficient. Hale was a very versatile big man.

One of Franklin's goals came out of the play of the match. Kick out after a behind Hit a target over 70 metres, who then pumped it about net 50 minutes to another guy who found heaps of space who then sublimely passed it to Franklin in the goal square. Crucial goal in the final term.

Honest clueless question here - does he get all those opportunities because he's an incredible player, or because the team has a great mid-field feeding him the ball constantly?

Bit of both, but he was the most influential player on the ground in the second half, in my opinion. He pushed up the ground and was always in the play when it was in Hawthorn's half.

I'd say Pendles was BOG though.

It seems to me that the less Buddy thinks about his footy, the better he is - his instincts on the run are ridiculous, but as soon as he has to stop and take a set shot or execute a planned tactic, he becomes just another player. It's hard to believe he missed a couple of fairly routine set shots on goal while scoring extraordinary goals on the run.

The dilemma: nap now, watch the footy live, then try to go back to sleep or say "fuck it" and watch the replay tomorrow.

WTF, the only game for the rest of the round that's on free to air is Freo vs Geelong? Ugh.

Though by the looks of it I'm not missing much with this Melbourne vs Brissie game.

30-28 Brizbin, fairly watchable I'd say. I doubt this game will have significant implications, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom