The "Album you just bought" Thread, part whatever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Stoned & Dethroned
The Weather Machines - The Sound of Pseudoscience

Matisyahu - Live at Stubbs

Great reggae, a little beat-boxing.....and fronted by a hasidic jew, I shit you not.

Popmartijn said:

That's not the 4CD boxset that came out recently, is it? :ohmy:

i think it's a condensed version. i saw a 1-disc thing going by that name when i was in the record store the other day. i've yet to actually come across the box set, other than a rather suspicious promo copy that the radio station had in the new country stacks last summer. not that i'm really looking, i know that if i did see it, i'd have to buy it, and it would be going for a lot more than $8...

IWasBored said:

i think it's a condensed version. i saw a 1-disc thing going by that name when i was in the record store the other day. i've yet to actually come across the box set, other than a rather suspicious promo copy that the radio station had in the new country stacks last summer. not that i'm really looking, i know that if i did see it, i'd have to buy it, and it would be going for a lot more than $8...

Actually, it's not tied to the box set at all. It has stuff from the American Recordings albums, which are not on the box set, though some songs from those albums show up in alternate versions on the box set.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Actually, it's not tied to the box set at all. It has stuff from the American Recordings albums, which are not on the box set, though some songs from those albums show up in alternate versions on the box set.

:up: good to know.

damn record companies (or whoever is in charge of that stuff) for making the titles too similar.

Stone, Steel and Bright Lights by Jay Farrar

I'm gonna see his band Son Volt here in Chattanooga in Feb.

martha said:
Johnny Cash--The Legend of Johnny Cash

(8 bucks at Target)

I was gonna buy that yesterday while I was at Best Buy, but I fell for Bob Dylan and got the No Direction Home Soundtrack. Very good, by the way.:up: While I was looking at the Johnny Cash section though, I noticed that "The Wanderer" was on two greatest hits albums, including the Legend of Johnny Cash...

ac/dc - back in black

it's for my brother, tomorrow is his birthday :up:

Bought The Unforgettable Fire today just to replace my burnt copy and have my own copy of the gorgeous artwork! :drool:

:reject:

Zootlesque said:
Bought The Unforgettable Fire today just to replace my burnt copy and have my own copy of the gorgeous artwork! :drool:

burnt?

you mean you actually lit it on fire, rather than pirated the files and burned them onto a cd?

:wink:

:laugh: I should have said burned!

Oh my, I'm like re-discovering The Unforgettable Fire thru headphones! Forget Achtung and Pop, this is my favorite album, at least for tonight! :drool:

dammit, i was really hoping that you'd somehow torched your cd. accidentally held it over a candle or dropped into the fireplace or something.

Haha... like leaving your sneakers on top of the radiator and going on vacation? :yikes:

That actually happened at a house on top of a very popular coffee place in New Brunswick! The whole place burned down completely!

:lol: people are idiots.

the last cd i bought for myself was the new bouncing souls live album, can't remember if i ever mentioned it, but i think digi and mofo were the only others here who like the soulies and they're both gone.

IWasBored said:

the last cd i bought for myself was the new bouncing souls live album, can't remember if i ever mentioned it, but i think digi and mofo were the only others here who like the soulies and they're both gone.

I noticed that you mentioned it earlier in the thread! See, my old roommate (when I was still in New Brunswick) is a huge fan of punk.. mostly listens to Bad Religion, Rancid, NOFX and the like. He gave me this Bouncing Souls (live) cd called Tie One On. I haven't listened to it in ages but I'm pretty sure I still have it. I remember ECFU distinctly! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

I noticed that you mentioned it earlier in the thread! See, my old roommate (when I was still in New Brunswick) is a huge fan of punk.. mostly listens to Bad Religion, Rancid, NOFX and the like. He gave me this Bouncing Souls (live) cd called Tie One On. I haven't listened to it in ages but I'm pretty sure I still have it. I remember ECFU distinctly! :wink:

tie one on is good :up: i don't have it, but i've heard it on numberous occasions.

ECFU led me to believe that the souls were a west coast band for years before i found out they're from jersey :lol:

IWasBored said:

I saw the boxset in Boston for cheap.
And I bought it.
And some other CDs while I was in Boston.

Johnny Cash - The Legend (and yes, I realised that it doesn't have much stuff from his American Recordings series on it, so there's an excuse to buy some of those albums in the future :uhoh: )
The Kinks - The Ultimate Collection
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Anthology: Through The Years

I also bought some used CDs:
Us3 - Hand On The Torch
V/A - Tower Of Song: The Songs Of Leonard Cohen

P.S. That Johnny Cash boxset was 30 dollars at Newbury Comics (and $40 at Borders), which, converted, is about half of the price here in the Netherlands. :ohmy:

echo and the bunnymen: ocean rain
split enz: waiata
split enz: time and tide
split enz: true colours
roxy music: avalon
david bowie: the rise and fall of ziggy stardust...
david bowie: scary monsters (and super creeps)
depeche mode: speak and spell
depeche mode: a broken frame
depeche mode: construction time again
depeche mode: people are people
altered images: pinky blue

all on vinyl :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom