The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this is what happens when Petrie decides to turn up for a vital match.

I can't believe North almost pulled off an 80k crowd at the MCG. What the hell.

Absolutely shattered. We gave it a red hot go, but in the end we only have ourselves to blame for giving up a good lead and then failing to rally when we had the chance. North's usual trend - shit second quarter, brutally effective third and fourth quarters - proved all too true for us and we couldn't stop their run once they got on a roll. I'm proud of our effort but bitterly disappointed we couldn't convert on it and didn't hold on when it mattered. I'm also stunned North had the mental strength to close it out. Have they finally thrown off their fragility?

At least all the signs are good for Essendon to achieve even more next year. Daniher played a blinder and will only get better. Baguley and Colyer were amazing. Heppell is a superstar. Chapman and Goddard lived up to their reputations. And to think we almost got over the line without Carlisle there.

As for next week, Chris Scott vs Brad Scott in a final should be great. I hope Geelong smash North.

I can't believe North almost pulled off an 80k crowd at the MCG. What the hell.

Looked like more than half of it were Bombers fans though!

Good old North Melbourne!

Good young Ben Brown!

This side could certainly knock out Geelong next week - what a super match. Finally North Melbourne get it done!

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Essendon lost.

Freo lost.

The Wallabies won.

What a shit day in sport.

(At least the All Blacks beat Argentina? But you'd fucking hope they would.)

I love how all the media people are going on and on about that guy who tapped Ross Lyon on the back and how he reacted, and they're saying "it'll all die down pretty quickly"... not if you keep talking about it!

Bomber's press conference should be interesting...

Yeah seriously that Ross Lyon/fan "altercation" is a total non-event.

Wonder if Bomber will give anything away in the conference... I'm going to really, really miss him. I hope he stays, but I just want him to keep being head coach. Hird can go shine shoes or something.

I'm a bit worried that Essendon will struggle next year with Hird back on board, not really sure why but I guess a lot of it depends on how the players feel about getting him back, and whether his style is very different to Bomber's. And I'm sure there will be added media scrutiny on Hird at least, which won't help matters at all.

I think we're used to the intense media scrutiny! And the players themselves, from what I've read anyway, are supportive of Hird. But yeah I'm worried it will disrupt the momentum we've built up this year; I'd have rathered some stability in coaching, and Hird should be made to work for some redemption rather than just swanning back into the coach's box. My biggest concern is whether we will cop any bans or suspensions thanks to ASADA just not letting go. Seriously, it's time to just fucking move on, we had our medicine last year. This whole affair has become toxic for everyone involved and I think everyone will be better for it finally being settled. I hope that occurs in the off-season, no matter what the outcome, so that we can have at least a bit of fresh air come round one.

Very interesting press conference with Bomber. God I love the guy. I get the feeling he wants to stay and the club want him to stay, so I hope they can come up with a mutually agreeable role...

"You can't delist me, I quit!"

I was literally coming here to post this. It was an open secret he was going to be moved on.

I used to really like him, but he'd offered nothing for a while now.

Port look great in their real uniform.

And yeah, after all that fuss, Richmond ARE wearing their away jumpers with the yellow sides?

Back
Top Bottom