The 2014 AFL Thread Chasing a Place in the Eight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add Mzungu to the list of players having a blinder today. Him and Pav are tearing it up.

Goddamnit. Freo didn't make enough of their chances while it was raining, and now the rain's gone and Sydney are charging. Ughhh.

Don't see Freo somehow finding another four goals in eleven minutes. :sigh:

I don't care who plays Sydney in the prelim, just as long as they fucking maul the Swans.

I just hope things spice up a bit from now on. We've had two games with really good patches, but it hasn't been all that exciting yet. Hoping Richmond and North get up, and then Richmond manage to beat Freo next week.

We've been pretty spoilt for good finals in recent times. 07 has really been the only bad grand final in the past decade, and I enjoyed the shit out of that one. And the 2010 replay sucked, but I got suuuuuper wasted that day.

I'm surprised North are going into tonight's game fairly strong favourites. Most commentary - and the betting odds - suggest an Essendon victory would be an upset, yet I'm more confident in the Bombers being able to fall over the line than North. We've got a shit-tonne to play for, while North are notoriously weak mentally.

Tomorrow's game... oh man, just imagine if Richmond go 10-0.

Yeah. I think North is marginally more talented than Essendon and have achieved some great things this year, but they're so badly coached that I would be surprised if they pulled their heads out long enough to win a game that actually matters.

My head tells me that, after the way Richmond played us in the finals last year, they're doomed. But anything is possible with the momentum they've got.

Just about time for the bounce. I'm a little nervous...

I'm enjoying this start so far!

And it's strange to see Goddard and Dal Santo playing on different teams in the same final.

North got back into that, and our inaccuracy didn't help us. Thank god we're still in front at the first break, even if it's by the narrowest margin!

Back
Top Bottom