The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on the bright side...you might have jinxed it.

CTU2fan said:
Look on the bright side...you might have jinxed it.
Oh I would have been saying out loud from the Ellsbury catch onward to anyone who would listen: "Hey, Lester's working on a no hitter...you think he can do it?", just to see the reactions I'd get.

Has anyone in here ever watched a no-hitter in person? I have seen someone win their 300th game, I've seen the Yanks win the WS twice in person, but never have I been lucky enough to witness a no-hitter in person.

No spoken words said:
Has anyone in here ever watched a no-hitter in person? I have seen someone win their 300th game, I've seen the Yanks win the WS twice in person, but never have I been lucky enough to witness a no-hitter in person.

No, but I'm hoping to one day be lucky enough to see a douche bag STFU.

No spoken words said:
I think the rarest thing I saw was the Twinkies turning not one, but two triple plays at Fenway in the same game.
I also saw Fred Patek hit 3 HR's in the same game at Fenway, which was impressive for a guy 3'2" and 44lbs.

No spoken words said:

no... i tend to have a bad effect on historic moments. i've seen two-homer days from mcgwire and bonds both, but that doesn't have the same ring to it as it would have if not for the whole steroid mumbo-jumbo.

i saw endy chavez's catch, which would have gone down as one of the greatest catches of all time if not for beltran's inability to lift the bat from his shoulder.

i was also lucky enough to see glavine the start after he got 300. nothing like checking out a pitcher go for his 301st career win! :hyper:

that's... um... that's about it. i guess the most impressive thing i've seen live is dae sung koo's double off of randy johnson. that was awesome.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Oh I would have been saying out loud from the Ellsbury catch onward to anyone who would listen: "Hey, Lester's working on a no hitter...you think he can do it?", just to see the reactions I'd get.

You probably woulda received at least one of these.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
at least he waited a full month after i dropped him from my fantasy team to do it... if he would have done it the next day, that woudla stung

Lester's first 6 starts: 31.2 IP, 19 ER, 5.40 ERA, 25 BB, 16K

Lester's last 5 starts: 34.1 IP, 6 ER, 1.57 ERA, 12 BB, 26 K

Feel free not to pick him up anytime soon.

No spoken words said:

Saw racist Bill Singer's (Dodgers) no-no in the late 60's at Dodger stadium. Think it was against the Phillies.

No spoken words said:

April 27, 2003. Veterans Stadium. Kevin Millwood vs. San Francisco. I believe the Phils won 1-0 on a Ricky Ledee solo shot. I sat in the 700 level.

UberBeaver said:

No, but I'm hoping to one day be lucky enough to see a douche bag STFU.

I'm hoping a douche bag doesn't run away for months at a time, too, but we can't all get what we want.

2510094136_fdf578e331_o.jpg

Hewson said:
Yeah, so a couple of weeks ago the sales rep from one of my suppliers comes in the office...they have lots of nice Sox tix, including front row seats in the newer "dugout seat" area by first base and as of last year State Street pavilion seats and some other good box seats...so he says he has seats available for the 19th, do I want them? I say sure...he says its not the front row, its the pavilion...so I say sure...so the next day he calls and says oops, I had the wrong date its the 21st...so yeah I have a pair of nice State Street pavilon tix for tomorrow night to see Bartlolo Colon...but if he was right about the date, I'd have witnessed a no-no.

We were watching the final three outs last night and I turned to Megan and said "we missed a no hitter by one game." We saw Braun and Ortiz hit two homers each on Sunday.

try to be friendly....

phillyfan26 said:

I'm hoping a douche bag doesn't run away for months at a time, too, but we can't all get what we want.

It would be nice if a douche bag would return e-mails and/or text messages, but alas, we can't all get what we want.

Re: try to be friendly....

zonelistener said:

It would be nice if a douche bag would return e-mails and/or text messages, but alas, we can't all get what we want.

Beav and I have a love/hate relationship. By that I mean, he loves, I hate.

Should we start taking bets as to when Hank or Hal will be do something really stupid (but incredibly entertaining)?

I say by June 15 if things keep going at their present course.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Always liked Piazza starting with his rookie year in LA. That season I took a trip to Cooperstown and was on a mission to buy every Piazza card I came across.

Helluva player for a 62nd round favor pick.

Piazza was still playing? Wow, 16 years. I remember him as a Dodger but didn't keep up with him after he left them.

It's quite dead in here. The new forum scared away all the sports fans... :lol:

I have been waiting for others to post. :shifty:

I wonder if Hewson enjoyed the victory at Fenway the other day?

I am thinking Headache has nothing to say after what happened with the Mets in Atlanta.

Girlsaloudfan is obviously basking in the glory of a top spot in the AL Norris division.

Lackey is still on injured reserve and Gagne may be done forever.

Lackey is still on injured reserve and Gagne may be done forever.

Em, no. I've been back for more than a week and I've pitched brilliantly in two starts, my little biatch. :bono:

On another note, the over/under for John McLaren being fired is roughly 40 days (all-star break). I'm betting the under.

This is my first post on the "new" interference. The "new" interference has freaked me out.

Just wondering if Tourist is in here lately posting about the Mariners winning the West or Felix being the best pitcher in baseball.

^ :lol:

You guys are fucking funny. But, yeah, I'm still here. I'm sure the pace of discussion will pick up soon.

Crazy, and I mean CRAZY, things have been known to happen in baseball in the month of June.

I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom