The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
71628049.jpg

Hey look, John Gibbons left Roy Halladay to hang out to dry for the nth start in a row.

:hmm:

This threads been a little quiet. Twins take three from the Red Sox and maintain first place (as well as a "just above .500" winning percentage). I'll take it.

I doubt this young Twins team can keep pace this year. I fully expect Detroit to figure out how to win sometime early summer.

I saw the Red Sox victory on Saturday night. There were A LOT of Red Sox fans in the crowd. I have to say that I appreciate the Red Sox fans here. I have a feeling that if I mentioned a name like Oil Can Boyd, the Red Sox fans at the Metrodome would look at me funny and ask me who the hell he is. Bandwagoneers. :down:

With that being said...I am looking forward to my second visit to Fenway on Sunday. Hope the weather holds up, and that Gagne is called to close.

zonelistener said:
I saw the Red Sox victory on Saturday night. There were A LOT of Red Sox fans in the crowd. I have to say that I appreciate the Red Sox fans here. I have a feeling that if I mentioned a name like Oil Can Boyd, the Red Sox fans at the Metrodome would look at me funny and ask me who the hell he is. Bandwagoneers. :down:

But the good ones will fire right back talking about the Can's Film Festival or telling you about his great quote about Cleveland's old stadium being on the ocean.

Have fun at Fenway this weekend :up: :jealous:

zonelistener said:
:hmm:

This threads been a little quiet. Twins take three from the Red Sox and maintain first place (as well as a "just above .500" winning percentage). I'll take it.

Playoff basketball has everyone occupied right now, most likely.

Rough series for Boston, but a .500 road trip is nothing to get too upset about.

With that being said...I am looking forward to my second visit to Fenway on Sunday. Hope the weather holds up, and that Gagne is called to close.

Gagne's out as closer. :sad:

zonelistener said:
Bandwagoneers. :down:

We call them "pink hats"

Well he may not be closing but surely he'll get in a game...wonder how his reception will be? Also they've been giving guys their rings when the club comes in to town so I'm sure they'll have a nice presentation for him :wink:

zonelistener said:
I doubt this young Twins team can keep pace this year. I fully expect Detroit to figure out how to win sometime early summer.

the twins have better pitching than the tigers. i'd be more worried about cleveland getting hot.

and a quick look at the indians' schedule for the end of may, first week of june... cleveland getting hot seems likely.

Last edited:
Ok, this is no longer funny: Tampa Bay is in first place in the AL East.

^ I was still rooting for them against the Yankees. Imagine how tough the AL East could be if Toronto could hit their way out of a paper bag?

pelfry loses a no-hit bid in the 7th... make that 7,359 straight games without a no-hitter for the mets.

honestly... the mets have had some damn good pitchers over their lifetime... seaver, koosman, gooden, el sid, darling, cone, viola, leiter, pedro and now johan... and not a single no-hitter. unbelievable.

Call me a big ginormous hypocrite, I hate showboaters, loafers, and all that sort of thing...but I absolutely f*cking love Manny Ramirez. I really think the guy just has fun, and I'm guessing most of his peers agree which would explain why pitchers never try to knock him down. And for the record while some of the "Manny being Manny" stuff is frustrating I never understood the big deal about him going in the Monster to take a leak during a pitching change...I could see if there was actual live baseball going on, but when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Headache re: the Mets apparently Billy Wagner agrees with you. Good for him I say, that team needs a wakeup call.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the mets need to take minimum 2 out of 3 this weekend or willie randolph should be fired. enough is enough, the lackluster, emotionless performances by this team is a fucking joke, and someone needs to be held accountable.

If they fire Willie, who's taking over for him?

i don't think manny's a showboater... i think he's just a goofball. there's no cockyness in what he does, and he ususally does it with a smile on his face.

as for who will replace willie? obvious names would be lee mazzili or a return of bobby valentine, if you can pry him away from japan. frankly it needs to be someone with a little fire in their guts.

willie's not a bad guy but his "ho hum, we'll get 'em next time" attitude is not what this team needs. that's all we heard from willie last september, and next time never came. these guys need to be smacked around a little. ya can't lose 3 out of 4 to the nationals at home and just be fine and dandy about it. it's the same bullshit from september. enough is enough.

subway series time... feel the excitement.
lli.jpg

Oh and Wagner also gets kudos for the hat choice post-game...

Flying Elvis is a quality logo, it's so now, cutting edge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom