Temple Bar - they left the door open and Doozer walked right in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd also recommend something sayin that anyone that doesn't go to celebrate Slutfest hates freedom and has allowed the terrorists to have already won (except me and Kat cause we can't make it cause we are fighting terrorists by fasting.)

UberBeaver said:
I'd also recommend something sayin that anyone that doesn't go to celebrate Slutfest hates freedom and has allowed the terrorists to have already won (except me and Kat cause we can't make it cause we are fighting terrorists by fasting.)

I'm still undecided about attending, but, reading this does put things into perspective.

I have eaten in 44 hours so that you kids cause get your slut on. Don't make our sacrifice go to waste.

That reminds me of something Jack Bauer said something like the only thing that got him through the Chinese prison was not wanting to die for nothing....who writes this shit? I think I remembered why I stopped watching season 1. (Battlestar Galatica returns Sunday. Best show on TV.)

redkat said:

Your choices are to

A. Go
B.Support Terrorism
C.Fast
:yes:

Are you an American/Canada Person, or should we just call you Usama from here on in? It's your choice. You pick the door. Your call. Red pill, blue pill? Fantasy or Reality? Fact or Fiction? . Do you support the troops, or do you want them to come home? You go to London with the sluts you have. Let's make a deal. Mission Accomplished. You're doing a heck of a job, bunny.

Are you aware of the view new posts feature your premium membership has bought you access to?

That way you don't have to browse forums you just see what the recent topics are.

UberBeaver said:
I have eaten in 44 hours so that you kids cause get your slut on. Don't make our sacrifice go to waste.

That reminds me of something Jack Bauer said something like the only thing that got him through the Chinese prison was not wanting to die for nothing....who writes this shit? I think I remembered why I stopped watching season 1. (Battlestar Galatica returns Sunday. Best show on TV.)

Beav, I'm starting to worry about you. That first sentence is a little shaky from a grammar perspective.

Oh, and, you don't watch 24 hoping that an episode of Masterpiece Theater breaks out. You watch 24 to see Bauer chew on someone's neck in order to gain freedom.

Kat, wow, my choices are very....narrow...in scope....

No spoken words said:

Beav, I'm starting to worry about you. That first sentence is a little shaky from a grammar perspective.

Oh, and, you don't watch 24 hoping that an episode of Masterpiece Theater breaks out. You watch 24 to see Bauer chew on someone's neck in order to gain freedom.

Yeah, that first sentence should say "I have NOT eaten in...." My bad.

True that on 24, I guess I just had higher expectations, which given the state of TV is just stupid on my part. I am sitting here trying to think of one show that is consistantly well written, and I'm drawing a blank. Even BSG (best show on TV) has it's stupid moments. Lost is goofy. Uh...Buffy was great. Friday Night Lights - that's a good one, bu even there the dialogue can sound forced. Hm. TV sucks.

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, that first sentence should say "I have NOT eaten in...." My bad.

True that on 24, I guess I just had higher expectations, which given the state of TV is just stupid on my part. I am sitting here trying to think of one show that is consistantly well written, and I'm drawing a blank. Even BSG (best show on TV) has it's stupid moments. Lost is goofy. Uh...Buffy was great. Friday Night Lights - that's a good one, bu even there the dialogue can sound forced. Hm. TV sucks.

Beav, check out The Wire.

I enjoy Studio 60, too, but, I have a few problems with it....namely, it's about a sketch show and the sketches themselves are not funny.....and, sometime the tone better fits with West Wing than a show about a....show. I like Sorkin's writing but occasionally he makes it seem like getting the entire 90 minutes of the sketch show written is akin to saving the world.

Again, I say to Beav, check out The Wire. I have it on DVD and wll fucking mail it to you if I must....it's about the only show on TV that has been 100% critic proof, and it's about to enter its 5th and, sadly, final season later this year.

Also, Beav, Deadwood was insanely well written. TV does suck, on the whole, but there are gems in there, too.

Deadwood was amazing. Sweargen was probably the greatest character ever. You're right - that was flawless writing.

I don't have HBO anymore, so no wire for me. :(

Studio 60, I watched a couple and nothing happens. Like NSW said, they're not saving the world, but the tone is like they are. I don't like the characters.

Reg - no, I've not eaten since 6pm EST Sunday - that's 46 and 1/4 hours. Nice.

UberBeaver said:

Nah, we're not echoing the sentiments of the NYC thread. We're originals. :wink:

Thanks, guys, I think that was the best work I did all day! :lol:

No spoken words said:

That was so badass I couldn't stand it. :drool:

I was yelling, "You don't fucking mess with Jack fucking Bauer" in my living room. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom