Tampa Setlist Watch & Party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
I wouldn't bash the zootopians too much - you'd have no source without them tonight....

:happy:

Personally, I have no source anyway. I'm not listening to the stream because it's provided by the you-know-whos.

Again: I'm not 9.

I promise.

after seeing zoo station/the fly on the DVD, i dont see how anybody can say this acoustic stuff makes for a better encore

Chizip said:
after seeing zoo station/the fly on the DVD, i dont see how anybody can say this acoustic stuff makes for a better encore

it brings tears to my eyes [something not so common]... :sad: :sad:

I like the version of Stuck they've been doing lately. Yes, I'd like it a lot more if they followed it up with Mofo, but it still made me like the song a lot more than I used to. I missed the last tour, so this year was my first time hearing it live.

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Until The End Of The World
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
7. Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (Snippet)
8. Original Of The Species
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Sorrento (Snippet)
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (Snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / Ol' Man River (Snippet)

ENCORE
17. The First Time
18. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
19. With Or Without You

I am so sick of With Or Without You. It does NOT need to be played.

Pretty decent sounding source tonight, compared to some of what we've heard. Thanks Zootopia.

Axver said:

they play it for the people who have no f**king clue about their albums before Joshua Tree...

[:mad: ]

Axver said:

:up:

I found it more tolerable on the first leg, when it only appeared every few shows. but it's feeling too predictable lately.

Chizip said:

I saw both encores in Oakland and although I lthink i like the Zoostation/The Fly encore better, the acoustic encore is great as well.

I'm not a big fan of "Stuck", but it's performance last week (WOW, can't believe a week has past already) simply blew me away!

Chizip said:

the Zoo encore is perfect :drool: It translates wonderfully on the DVD
although I was surpised at how moved I was by the version of Yahweh that they have on the DVD - simply beautiful

GibsonGirl said:

Me too. Not as sick of it as Pride, though.

I can handle Pride this tour - it sounds better than it has for several tours. WOWY just plods worthlessly and you don't even notice when it's gone. I think it's some of the biggest dead weight in the set.

Me too, but I do agree that it does get old to the hardcore fans, but we know U2, they play for the masses.

chiso said:

they play it for the people who have no f**king clue about their albums before Joshua Tree...

[:mad: ]

I think they play it because it is one of the most iconic songs ever recorded in music history. Could be that, just my opinion.

rwolins1 said:

I think they play it because it is one of the most iconic songs ever recorded in music history. Could be that, just my opinion.

but it doesn't need to be played nearly every night

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom