Sydney pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
294428433_3deae38033_b.jpg

jacket off too... I like seeing Bono in short sleeves... hopefully we'll have more closeups of that. :)

Thanks to everyone who brought us all these pics :)

Last edited:
fly so high! said:

He took them off definately for SYCMIOYO 'cause he actually says " I dedicate this song to my brother Bob who his with me here tonight......and to my father who would have said"take those fuckin' glasses off!":lol:
I think he left them off for a while.......i don't think he had them on for the encore! He looks good.....hey!

his brother bob??? :huh: his bro is called Norman! Don't you mean his Father Bob?

yea he said that speech in Sao Paulo and Buenos aires aswell, don't know if he did it more, but I'm glad he's taking them off more, his eyes are way too beautiful to be hidden!

Galeongirl said:
his brother bob??? :huh: his bro is called Norman! Don't you mean his Father Bob?
I imagine he didn't mean brother in the literal sense and was referring to Bob Geldof maybe?

Also.. **takes away Bono's sunglasses and does not give them back**

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he referred to his dad as his "brother", like in a spiritual way you know? :hmm:

no, it was his brother norman,

"Before introducing Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own, Bono dedicated it to his brother who was in the audience that night. Oddly, he called him Bob before suggesting that they were all called Bob in his family."

from atu2 : http://www.atu2blog.com/

He had another momentary laps of reason. :wink: Thanks everybody for sharing the beautiful pictures and congrats to all Aussie fans who finally got to see them.

kassandra said:

What does the green bracelet stand for?

Steve Irwin's Wildlife Warriors....:wink: Kind of nice isn't it for him to wear it while in Australia. I wonder if they'll mention Belinda Emmett before they'll leave Oz? Seeing Rove flew to be with her immediately after the interview....:(

I'm just listening to a bootleg of the second Sydney show- it's so great!! (Wanna see them live again :( ) But it's so cute- Bono thanks Edge and Morleigh and he says sth like "give it up for Sian and Levi are in the house..." :heart: And he says, the band and everyone in the family "are very well this evening". So everthing seems to be ok! :)
Thx for the pics- the boys look great and they seem to have much fun during the shows!

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
it is a flare :wink: In sydney he couldn't get it to ignite because of the rain, and the tech had to do it for him :lol:

I'm not surprised he couldn't get to ignite, not only coz of the rain but also coz he's blindfolded!?! :uhoh: He really should play with fire like that!! :shame: :rolleyes:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I'm not surprised he couldn't get to ignite, not only coz of the rain but also coz he's blindfolded!?! :uhoh: He really should play with fire like that!! :shame: :rolleyes:

you should get Bullet from Sao Paulo! He's playing with it there, and yea, blindfolded Bono playing with fire = bad idea :lol:!
I'm seriously surprised it hasn't gone wrong yet!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
The first time I watched Bullet from Sao Paulo, I was like
"Oh my god, who told Bono it was a good idea to play with fire while blindfolded?!" :yikes:

:lol: my first reaction to it was, Wich idiot gave Bono fire?

:lol: watching short vid of Kite sydney: What idiot gave Bono a knife? don't they know you should NEVER give little kids sharp objects or fire?

:tsk:

Bona Vox said:

But it's so cute- Bono thanks Edge and Morleigh and he says sth like "give it up for Sian and Levi are in the house..." :heart: And he says, the band and everyone in the family "are very well this evening". So everthing seems to be ok! :)

:heart:

MullenGirl said:

Anybody knows what is Larry saying here? Is he thanking to the audience?

Bono said Goodnight from Bono
Larry said Goodnight from Bono
Adam said Thank you Sydney (or similar)
Edge said something about "go to bed"

That was on Sydney I. They didnt do that on Sydney II.

Bona Vox said:
I'm just listening to a bootleg of the second Sydney show- it's so great!! (Wanna see them live again :( ) But it's so cute- Bono thanks Edge and Morleigh and he says sth like "give it up for Sian and Levi are in the house..." :heart: And he says, the band and everyone in the family "are very well this evening". So everthing seems to be ok! :)
Thx for the pics- the boys look great and they seem to have much fun during the shows!

Thanks god for everyone doing well.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom