Zooropa 30th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$60 for a pretty standard re-issue? That's a no from me dawg.

Same for a $45 t-shirt. The blue one is cool but... shit is getting just too expensive.

I do like the merch, but come on, £60 for a vinyl with no extras on it? No release of something, anything we haven't heard from that era?

But after applying your membership coupon, the t-shirt is a mere 33.75… before taxes and shipping.

I bought 2 T's and a hoodie for my daughter. Used the 25%. Couldn't help it, it's the nicest stuff I've seen in a while, and I needed some stuff to wear in Vegas.

Zooropa black vinyl, same mastering is in print. Couldn’t they have released Live in Sydney on vinyl? Or better yet, an unheard show?

$175 to get the vinyl to Australia :| I'd love it, looks sick and the two remixes would be cool, but fuck that's expensive.

But yeah Dan you're so right. It's such an iconic show, having that on vinyl would be incredible. What a shame.

$175 to get the vinyl to Australia :| I'd love it, looks sick and the two remixes would be cool, but fuck that's expensive.

But yeah Dan you're so right. It's such an iconic show, having that on vinyl would be incredible. What a shame.

Independent record stores will probably get it or be able to order it. I imagine it will cost about $100-$120. Nuts.

I didn't notice that they've filled the last side with two widely available remixes *sigh*

I'm still going to get the hoody and t with my discount code because I do love that era's design/branding.

Given they record all of their shows, I genuinely can't believe they've not chosen to release & monetise them in some way or other. Like it or not, the amount of people who are willing to pony up actual cash for this sort of thing is surely dwindling with every passing year.

Never any v neck, ladies cut, soft cotton shirts, which means no thank you from me. I can look like a box for less if I chose to.

Never any v neck, ladies cut, soft cotton shirts, which means no thank you from me. I can look like a box for less if I chose to.

Yea, generally speaking, shirts these days are so boxy and long and fat-looking, even (especially?) for men.

Am I crazy or did they actually manage to have both really cool (like Anton photos outside the Melody Motel) and ladies-catering shirts for JT30? I remember being fairly blown away at what was on offer at the merch booths.

But generally speaking, yea, agreed.

Yea, generally speaking, shirts these days are so boxy and long and fat-looking, even (especially?) for men.

Am I crazy or did they actually manage to have both really cool (like Anton photos outside the Melody Motel) and ladies-catering shirts for JT30? I remember being fairly blown away at what was on offer at the merch booths.

But generally speaking, yea, agreed.

Not sure what they had or did not have. I am cheap with my merch dollars. Last I bought anything other than my yearly presale access was during Vertigo and even then it was just a key chain and a program. :lol: I am hoping the AB pop up shop has good stuff. That is their best chance to get additional dollars out of my wallet!

Please don't tell me you bought the full SOS vinyl jesus christ.

Don’t yuck my yum, bro. I’ve been pretty open about liking a good chunk of it, and a lot of the tracks I like weren’t on the 16 track version. I enjoy it more than SOI or NLOTH.

I’m also a U2 completist - I don’t need every version of everything, but I do want a version of everything.

It's starting to get more and more ridiculous. Not even one thing to get excited about. They don't want my money??

Is it just gonna be the SD thing we already have but.... streamed? Probably not if that's the case.

Yea unfortunately I don't think there's any way to appreciably improve on the inherently/regrettably poor quality of that footage.

If only Phil J. & Jordan C. had shot it...

Yea unfortunately I don't think there's any way to appreciably improve on the inherently/regrettably poor quality of that footage.

If only Phil J. & Jordan C. had shot it...

Less about the filmer than the format. Video tape was and is a crap quality medium

It’s better than the epileptic-fit inducing chaos of Hamish Hamilton though.

Also - I have 1080p versions of UABRS, ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation, vertigo, Paris and Berlin on google drive if anyone can’t be fucked waiting for 2013 level streaming to roll around.

Yea. It's just a shame that both Live in Sydney (AND Under a Blood Red Sky for that matter) have the shittiest quality video.

They should release the UF Dortmond show, if it can be spruced up.

Yea. It's just a shame that both Live in Sydney (AND Under a Blood Red Sky for that matter) have the shittiest quality video.

They should release the UF Dortmond show, if it can be spruced up.

UF Dortmund, JT Paris/Denver/Tempe/Syracuse/LA, early ZooTV, full Milan, later 360, anything from the Boy/October era.

Lots of opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom