Zooropa 30th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife never saw Bono as Mr. MacPhisto before and she can’t get over the “oddly specific and weird costumes” that we’re going on during daddy’s gonna pay. It really must have weirded a lot of people out back then. I forget how random and kind of weird it is myself but it’s great!

Agreed but it’s still not really well-shot is it, comparatively at least? No offense to Mr. Mallett (PopMart is better).

It fits the time, I think it’s pretty well shot. I agree it was a missed opportunity not to film it but you never realize at the time how historic something is.

He nailed Streets both in this show at Popmart.

I've seen much lesser albums from various acts get the full deluxe treatment, so its disappointing that U2 once again refuse to give this album, along with Pop, the attention it deserves.

Got me thinking, is it only the hardcore fans who massively rate Zooropa and Pop (amongst a good number of professional music critics?)? Anytime you see promotion for this, you get a bunch of whiny 'fans' stating its their worst, only ever wanting the big earnest anthems ad nausea to appeal to their limited music tastes. And U2 only caters for that generic fanbase now (albeit I can imagine its quite large).

There were 20 tracks recorded for Zooropa, meaning we haven't heard 10 of these (albeit a few of these were songs that were eventually released). It would have been cool to hear a version of Hold Me Thrill Me, or Velvet Dress, with the Zooropa sonic landscape. Surely there's scope to release these some day?

I've seen much lesser albums from various acts get the full deluxe treatment, so its disappointing that U2 once again refuse to give this album, along with Pop, the attention it deserves.

Got me thinking, is it only the hardcore fans who massively rate Zooropa and Pop (amongst a good number of professional music critics?)? Anytime you see promotion for this, you get a bunch of whiny 'fans' stating its their worst, only ever wanting the big earnest anthems ad nausea to appeal to their limited music tastes. And U2 only caters for that generic fanbase now (albeit I can imagine its quite large).

There were 20 tracks recorded for Zooropa, meaning we haven't heard 10 of these (albeit a few of these were songs that were eventually released). It would have been cool to hear a version of Hold Me Thrill Me, or Velvet Dress, with the Zooropa sonic landscape. Surely there's scope to release these some day?
Agreed 1000%

It’s better than the epileptic-fit inducing chaos of Hamish Hamilton though.

Also - I have 1080p versions of UABRS, ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation, vertigo, Paris and Berlin on google drive if anyone can’t be fucked waiting for 2013 level streaming to roll around.

yes please!

The Stay single EP is now streaming but leaves off the awesome version of Bullet the Blue Sky. At least they included the live version of Love is Blindness.

The Stay single EP is now streaming but leaves off the awesome version of Bullet the Blue Sky. At least they included the live version of Love is Blindness.

What a dull times for fans that don't go to the Spere. Nothing new, recycling the same old stuff forever. Promoting streaming releases is such a anti-climax. Just release these things without the pooha. And release something that's worth promoting it.

I don’t get why they are dripping out the old singles - seriously just release a digital ep of every single that has all the b sides it had on each version.

What a dull times for fans that don't go to the Spere. Nothing new, recycling the same old stuff forever. Promoting streaming releases is such a anti-climax. Just release these things without the pooha. And release something that's worth promoting it.
I mean... they put out a few social posts. It's not exactly a global marketing plan

Back
Top Bottom