***SURVIVOR: Natural selection in action (HTDAAB - Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the song you like the LEAST

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 72 40.4%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 69 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
beli said:

I think thats an insult, Im not sure. I started this particular thread but I dont want Sometimes to win :sad:

no intentions to hurt feelings friend. I was perhaps letting the conspiracy theorist in me out of the bag. But seriously if it wins me and you are going to have to step outside, the starter must be held accountable, my rules i get to make em up as i go.:wink:

oh you don't want sometimes to win...................i neglected to read the end of your post. i guess that means i should apologize. Since ive never been wrong before could somebody tell me how to do that lol

TheBrush said:

no intentions to hurt feelings friend. I was perhaps letting the conspiracy theorist in me out of the bag. But seriously if it wins me and you are going to have to step outside, the starter must be held accountable, my rules i get to make em up as i go.:wink:

oh. Can I get Dave to substitute for me instead? :hyper:

oh i see. sorry for being retarded. like i said as long as you don't want sometimes to win your allright with me. who do you want to win. out of the three and if they all were there

Its difficult. I think Miracle Drug is the best song of the three but City of Blinding Lights reminds me of Simple Minds, and my younger days, so its a favourite. Miracle Drug should win. I think. Out of the three that are left at any rate.

Sometimes is not my cup of tea. I think people are liking it because they like Bono and are a fan of the man and his life rather than the music. I wonder how many casual radio listeners who dont know Bonos life story feel about Sometimes?

tied again..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Anywho i see your point beli and i have wondered the same thing. i sometimes try to look at it objectively and the chorus is still pretty moving. some friends of mine like the song and they ask who hes singing about. Its a good tune but i think COBL, vertigo, miracle drug and OOTS are better.

tied again..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Anywho i see your point beli and i have wondered the same thing. i sometimes try to look at it objectively and the chorus is still pretty moving. some friends of mine like the song and they ask who hes singing about. Its a good tune but i think COBL, vertigo, miracle drug and OOTS are better.

Attn: voters.

STOP VOTING FOR CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS.

You are voting OFF the WORST song. COBL is U2's BEST song since Heartland in 1988. THEREFORE, DO NOT VOTE FOR CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS!

VOTE FOR MIRACLE DRUG!

(Disclaimer: I am only encouraging Miracle Drug in order to protect COBL, the best song on HTDAAB.)

Last edited:
Love And Peace Or Else will still be my favourite even when Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Wins. I like the song all right, but it's about my seventh favourite.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, keep the rockers. Not the ballad.

Anyone who wants to save Miracle Drug - vote off Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, even if you like COBL less! Right now, it appears as though SYCMIOYO is going to be the winner by the end of this, but if everyone who likes Miracle Drug votes to kick COBL off (even if they like Sometimes more), it'll just leave MD and Sometimes, and then maybe we'll have a chance! I like SYCMIOYO more than COBL, but I like MD better than both of them! So I voted for SYCMIOYO, to SAVE MD!

-Miggy D

Axver said:
Attn: voters.

STOP VOTING FOR CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS.

You are voting OFF the WORST song. COBL is U2's BEST song since Heartland in 1988. THEREFORE, DO NOT VOTE FOR CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS!

VOTE FOR MIRACLE DRUG!

(Disclaimer: I am only encouraging Miracle Drug in order to protect COBL, the best song on HTDAAB.)

I AGREE!!!!

C'mon ppl kill Miracle Drug, remember "top of a newborn baby's head" :barf: sappiest line, sappiest song ever by U2!

YES!! That top of a newborn baby's head is pretty bad line
COBL losing by ONE DAMN VOTE!

What's with all the picking on Sometimes lately?

Believe it or not, I loved it from the moment I first heard it, and it had nothing to do with the story behind it, or Bono's life.

The contest for BEST song will be won by Sometimes because even if you dont know about Bonos family history it touches many other peoples history just like One does....Sometimes will be seen as the central track on this album in 10 years mark my words.

U2girl said:
What's with all the picking on Sometimes lately?

It's possible some people either truly dislike the song, or in the context of discussion here, feel that it gets undeserved praise. I don't see much point in questioning their motives. :shrug:

I was under the impression, as the first fans talked about the album, when the downloads came, that Miracle Drug, Sometimes you can't make it on your own and City of blinding lights were the best songs for the majority. Which shows itself once again on this poll.
All of a sudden, it gets critisized.

The only people being questioned here were those who like Sometimes you can't make it on your own. You know, claims like "it wouldn't be so popular if it wasn't for the story behind it" or "Bono fans like it" and things like that. As if that had anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Nooooo. Come on people. Miracle Drug can't possibly loose this thing. Start voting for COBL some more. C'mon, you know you wanna.:dance: :dance:

Yes, Miracle Drug is loosing. I can't believe people are trying to take COBL off, it's already a classic, there's not a bad moment on that song, it's pure genius. It's U2 at their best! Don't let City of Blinding lights go. Vote on Miracle Drug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom