Still Havent Found Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I think this song was better on the vertigo tour than pretty much every tour since 1989 and def better than the 360 tour. Bono's voice had come back to life and he started singing the song differently but very well. The performance from the hall of fame induction was good vocally and I love how on most vertigo performance he used his Kermit voice on the "I believe in Kingdom come" line also toward the end of the tour he started doing some amazing blllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed into one's too

I think hands down that any of 5th leg Japan shows performances are some of the best performances ever of the song

i actually really liked it on 360. with that said, i think everything sounded its best on the 5th leg of Vertigo. the band was just in rare form for that month.

I really liked it on 360 more than Vertigo. I don't know, it just sounds better.

I haven't heard the Vertigo 5th leg versions, but I do remember being impressed hearing it during 360, which surprised me since it's not one of my favorite live songs.

it has sounded pretty good on 360....but not much beats Tokyo 12-4-2006...I'd say either that or Milan DVD performance...probably 2 best versions ever....

which brings me to my next point....you say better than every tour since 1989...you really think performances pre 1989 beat 12-4-2006? or for that matter Milan?

it has sounded pretty good on 360....but not much beats Tokyo 12-4-2006...I'd say either that or Milan DVD performance...probably 2 best versions ever....

which brings me to my next point....you say better than every tour since 1989...you really think performances pre 1989 beat 12-4-2006? or for that matter Milan?

I think the U2 live in paris 87 dvd preformance is closer to the original vocal also the Rattle and Hum version is closer to the original vocal and amazing but the Tokyo performance is very good.

And for the guys that were saying they liked the 360 version better listen to a couple of later vertigo performances they are sung better I think Bono just seems to put more effort into those performances from the previous tour

I think people, myself included, like the 360 versions because like most 87-89 versions, especially Paris, the throbbing drums and bass are present right from the start as opposed to kicked in after the first verse.

The 360 versions are more true to the original overall.

Best vocally, though, had to be the 5th leg Vertigo performances!

I think people, myself included, like the 360 versions because like most 87-89 versions, especially Paris, the throbbing drums and bass are present right from the start as opposed to kicked in after the first verse.

yeah, i really like that they've been doing that. Much better.

This was one of the songs I most looked forward to during the 3 shows I saw in the summer, its just such a fantastic stadium song, there's little that compares to the feeling of 80,000+ people all singing those words and the band quiet in appreciation. Just a magic moment and I wouldn't have replaced it in the concert for all the Acrobats in the world. :D

I like the 360 revamp of the song.....however.....vocally....its the worst i have heard the B man sing it! Hes being very lazy in his approach to it.

....however.....vocally....its the worst i have heard the B man sing it! Hes being very lazy in his approach to it.

...which is no real news for the 360 tour. ISHFWILF has lost for me, because of this. The 2005/06 were more inspired, more energetic.

I still think this song should take a rest for a tour or two?
But the 360 version sounds a bit fresh , but thats got to do with the bass and drums starting earlier now , other than that...give it a rest.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom