Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have skipped that song for many years. I still do. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

I did too (well, not literally, since I still don't have the studio version of that one) until I saw Bruce perform this in concert in 2003. Then it clicked with me and I was immensely moved by the instrumental outro. Wow!
So Racing In The Street gets a :up: from me. :)

so, "racing in the street" is amazing live, a bit of a snooze on the album. and watching that video makes me desperate to see Bruce in DC soon.

however, listen to the song and then go watch "Pretty Woman." whoever wrote the score to that movie owes Bruce some royalties. that basic piano progression (and it is pretty basic) is pretty much used throughout that movie.

:yikes: Can I take your word for it?

i know, right? you'd think i was making it up. but i'm not.

there are times when i enjoy it when Julia Roberts does that thing where she opens her mouth really wide and cackles like a crazy person who you've accidentally startled. and then she tries to eat your head.

I will admit to quoting that bit of the movie where they're at the opera, and she's looking through the opera glasses and says, "Ooh, there's a band!"

Ha.

I quite like that movie. Julia Roberts annoys me in general, but there are a few of her movies I like at least a little.

But anyway ... I didn't realize Bruce's tour was so close to starting! I still wish he were coming anywhere near Seattle. :(

Rolling Stone put up a little piece about the rehearsal show that Phanan mentioned yesterday.

Bruce Springsteen Debuts New Additions to E Street Band at First “Dream” Rehearsal Show : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

And here's the set-list:

“Outlaw Pete”
“My Lucky Day”
“Night”
“Out in the Street”
“Working On a Dream”
“Johnny 99″
“I Ain’t Got No Home”
“Good Eye”
“Radio Nowhere”
“Candy’s Room”
“Because the Night”
“Mary’s Place”
“The Wrestler”
“This Life”
“Long Walk Home”
“Surprise, Surprise”
“Badlands”
“No Surrender”

Encore:
“Hard Times Come Again No More”
“Mustang Sally” (w/ John Eddie)
“Thunder Road”
“Born to Run”
“American Land”
“Seven Nights to Rock”

i know, right? you'd think i was making it up. but i'm not.

there are times when i enjoy it when Julia Roberts does that thing where she opens her mouth really wide and cackles like a crazy person who you've accidentally startled. and then she tries to eat your head.

I actually adore Julia Roberts. I think she's underrated as an actress and I also like that she's sort of a Hollywood outsider. She has a house here and has a great reputation in these parts.

Opening night in San Jose...

Badlands
Outlaw Pete
My Lucky Day
No Surrender
Out in the Street
Working on a Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Good Eye
Good Rockin' Tonight
Darlington County
Growin' Up
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The Wrestler
Kingdom of Days
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Born to Run
Hard Times
Thunder Road
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Land of Hope and Dreams
American Land

I haven't heard anything yet, but I still think that opening double shot of Badlands and Outlaw Pete must be awesome.

And Seeds returning after a long hiatus is just fantastic, especially with it being followed by Johnny 99.

I'm getting excited again.

I'm so happy American Land is sticking around as a closer. Just thinking about that song months after the concert made me happy.

In 48 hours, I'll be stuffing my face at Pappadeaux. In 50 hours, I'll be seeing this Springstein character.

Impy's Setlist

1. Badlands
2. Outlaw Pete
3. My Lucky Day
4. Prove It All Night
5. Out In The Street
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
10. Working On The Highway
11. Sherry Darlin' (request)
12. She's The One
13. Because The Night
14. Waiting On A Sunny Day
15. The Promised Land
16. The Wrestler
17. Kingdom of Days
18. Radio Nowhere
19. Lonesome Day
20. The Rising
21. Born To Run

22. Hard Times
23. Jungleland
24. Tenth Ave Freeze-Out
25. I'm A Rocker
26. Land Of Hope & Dreams
27. American Land
28. Glory Days

Shit, you got Jungleland. What a fucking track.

This will probably sound lame but I've gotta be honest...I would leave disappointed if I went to a Boss Springsteen concert and he didn't play Thunder Road.

How the hell do you not play Thunder Road? Come on!

It's not like he's been playing it hundreds of times per year for nearly 35 years! But seriously, I would be sad. I know, I know, the concert would rock my socks no matter what he played but you get what I'm sayin. I just love that song too much, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom