Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
I had a GA and lost it. :angry:

Sorry, that sucks :mad:

I tried for one GA but of course no luck, I have never had GA for Bruce other than the Vote For Change concert I went to. I haven't tried all that often though, it aggravates me too much especially after dealing with some U2 fans-and some Bruce fans can be even worse.

I got 2 balcony way in the back, I think it's 309, and a loge behind the stage. My mother wanted to go to one.

phanan said:
Which ones are you going to sell?

I'm going to sell the balcony seats (although they are in the first row) because those are the ones on my credit card, but again I can only hope I find an understanding person to give the ticketfast to in person, or use TicketExchange. Anyone have any experience with that, like will I be able to recoup the ridiculous fees? Or should I try and find someone local on Craiglist and sell them for $80?

powerhour24 said:

I'm going to sell the balcony seats (although they are in the first row) because those are the ones on my credit card, but again I can only hope I find an understanding person to give the ticketfast to in person, or use TicketExchange. Anyone have any experience with that, like will I be able to recoup the ridiculous fees? Or should I try and find someone local on Craiglist and sell them for $80?
A lot of people are leery of buying Ticketfast on a secondary market cause there have been instances of people prinitng and selling mulitiples, rendering everyone after the first entrant ticketless. You can offer to meet the person at the venue and stay with them till the tickets scan successfully, that might help.

That's a good idea, yeah that's why its an issue, I'll have to find out more about TicketExchange, because I know in that case they void the original barcode, and issue a new one to the secondary buyer.

Hewson said:
Got a GA for Monday.

Looks like Sunday sold out quicker, still singles for Monday.

seemed like sunday went wicked fast. i had an unsuccessful half hour battle with ticketmaster in an attempt to get sunday tickets, gave up, and had no problem pulling something for monday.

Hewson said:
A lot of people are leery of buying Ticketfast on a secondary market cause there have been instances of people prinitng and selling mulitiples, rendering everyone after the first entrant ticketless. You can offer to meet the person at the venue and stay with them till the tickets scan successfully, that might help.

or just get online to get in reeeeeeally really early to make sure you're the first one.

Ya think Bono will take a ride over to Madison Square Garden to see Bruce, after this:

October 16, 2007 - Bono Speaking Engagement
Where: Boston, MA
When: 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

Adding yet another lecture to his busy schedule, Bono will speak this morning at the 94th Annual Mortgage Banker's Association Convention & Expo. His presentation will take place on the second level of the Hynes Convention Center at the Veteran's Memorial Auditorium.

He loves to be in NY, and after all, it's Bruce. Maybe a surprise visit on stage

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

or just get online to get in reeeeeeally really early to make sure you're the first one.
I have this visual of 2 couples with the same Ticketfast printouts racing up the escalators at the Garden, tripping one another, pulling hair etc. to try to be first through the turnstiles.

blm said:
Ya think Bono will take a ride over to Madison Square Garden to see Bruce, after this:

October 16, 2007 - Bono Speaking Engagement
Where: Boston, MA
When: 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

Adding yet another lecture to his busy schedule, Bono will speak this morning at the 94th Annual Mortgage Banker's Association Convention & Expo. His presentation will take place on the second level of the Hynes Convention Center at the Veteran's Memorial Auditorium.

He loves to be in NY, and after all, it's Bruce. Maybe a surprise visit on stage

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Or perhaps he'll hang in Boston and join the Smashing Pumpkins at the Orpheum.

Backstreets is reporting LA tix to go onsale this Saturday at 10 AM..... LA has to get a second show!

I was able to get a GA for Boston 2nd night, no luck for the first night yet...

Picture from last night, I guess they did about 6 songs from Magic and the rest were oldies but goodies. 21 songs. He said "there may be some mistakes but I doubt it". I can't wait for the Today show Friday. I can't believe he just turned 58.

capt.d4ac470239e2432ca6e3097873efeae4.springsteen_rehearsals_njme104.jpg

I love Trapped, that is an awesome cover

The ultimate Springsteen set list
These are the songs that one uber fan would love to hear at the concert
By Stuart Levine
MSNBC contributor Sept 25, 2007

With too many songs in his repertoire, there's no one show that will satisfy a die-hard Bruce Springsteen fan.

While one shouts for the celebration that is “Rosalita,” another aches for the quiet introspection of “My Hometown.” But here's the ultimate concert when this fan has the final say on the set list:

1) “Badlands”: This beloved warhorse hasn't opened a show since the “Darkness” days. Time to bring it out front again.

2) “Seeds”: One of Springsteen’s most underrated songs; debuted on the stadium leg of the “Born in the USA” tour. It talks about a man who’s forced to live on the streets after the oil industry in Houston goes belly up. Great Clarence Clemmons sax contributions.

3) “Maria’s Bed”: A festive number from “Devils & Dust” that would be terrific with a full E Street Band treatment.

4) “Wreck on the Highway”: Time to bring it down a notch with this somber and gut-wrenching “River” classic.

5) “Magic”: The eerie lyrics of the title track present unlimited visuals and should be a great one in concert.

6) “Who’ll Stop the Rain”: Time to crank it up again with one of Springsteen’s favorites that seems to capture the current political environment today as well as it did for John Fogerty back in the Vietnam era.

7) “Trapped”: An emotional Jimmy Cliff cover in which the song rises to a slow boil that explodes into full-blown rage.

8) “Tougher Than the Rest”: From the underrated “Tunnel of Love” album, this one talks about a guy’s enduring love for his girl; even if he may not be the most charming or handsome, he’ll always be there for her.

9) “The Promised Land”: But with the stipulation that he must begin the song with the harmonica solo and then some serious fist-pumping during the ending “blow away” lines.

10) “She’s the One”: That Bo Diddley beat never gets old.

11) “The Hitter”: In what could arguably be his greatest song lyrically speaking, this “Devils & Dust” tune was absolutely electrifying in the smaller venues. In an arena environment, it only works if the guy sitting next to you stops shouting “Rosalita.”

12) “Souls of the Departed”: Chilling looks at young lives struck down far too soon.

13) “Cadillac Ranch”: One of those songs where you know the band is having as much fun as the crowd.

14) “Land of Hope and Dreams”: Saints and sinners, losers and winners … everyone’s on board.

15) “Because the Night”: Just to watch Springsteen attack his axe.

16) “Racing in the Street”: A classic made even better when the band has a chance to riff for those last five minutes of instrumentals.

17) “Erie Canal”: “Seeger Sessions” gem would fit nicely here.

18) “Incident on 57th Street”: Spanish Johnny, want to make a little easy money tonight?

19) “Glory Days”: Springsteen puts on his baseball cap and engages in an old-fashioned romp.

20) “Jungleland”: This warhorse hasn’t come around too often lately but it would be great to see it land here as a set closer.

FIRST ENCORE

1) “Terry’s Song”: This bonus song on “Magic” is a heart-melting tribute to Terry Magovern, a longtime Springsteen confidante who passed away this summer.

2) “Born in the USA”: Still as powerful as when it came out in 1984.

3) “Born to Run”: Sure, the 32-year-old tune has lost some of its firepower, but it’s not a Springsteen concert without it.

SECOND ENCORE

1) “Deportee”: Sang at the legendary 1981 Vietnam Veterans Show in Los Angeles, this Woody Guthrie tune about the California immigrant experience will make the hardcore fans melt.

2) “Backstreets”: Those first few chords from Roy Bittan’s piano pretty much says it all.

3) “Twist and Shout”: From the Beatles to Bruce, a wonderful and joyous way to wrap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom