*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NLOTH was acoustic and maybe B&E only(Tuesday only known airing so far)

Any resemblance to the one off Helsinki 2010 version? Interestingly that was the show where EBW debuted...

One/WOWY/Ordinary grouping seems to be a strong candidate to close out the evening.

I just hope the last few songs aren't the same for the whole tour. Missed the Vertigo-style encores during 360.

Peter, some of that sounds really exciting! Thanks so much for the past few weeks, really appreciate it. I think you're fast becoming an Interference Legend.

I love the Helsinki version of No Line, I'd be totally up for that. Sweetest Thing I would also love to see. I like what I hear, although I am not sure if The Miracle is my preferred opener - although it's the obvious choice

Hands! Yesss! Such an underrated gem!

I didn't think it was more than an excuse to work with Scorsese, get some low hanging Golden Globe hardware fruit to pad the resume and get free tickets to the Oscar post-show party.

Either than band are oblivious to the older songs that fans most seek to hear live(there's several fan polls done by fan sites with similar results that the band/crew certainly on file for easy access) or are saving some stuff for later in rehearsals. Boy in 2005 and U-Fire/Zooropa/Scarlet/Ultraviolet/HMTMKMKM were such a treat for long time fans.

Out of Control is the only thing that's really hit the spot for me so far that seems it could be a regular. The new songs all sound really strong.

If The Miracle does open I'll wager plenty of money it won't last long. Bad song, and would be even worse as an opener.

Depends how it's worked, i enjoyed the graham norton version with the ZooTv style actions from Bono, each to their own

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think TTTYAATW is a total non-event, but it's interesting they are working on it again after attempting it in 2010 before the European leg.

And I've always been surprised how Sweetest Thing has not been done live much - just a fairly short run on Elevation - given it was such a big, popular single.

Excellent update Peter. :up:

Thanks again Peter, great work as always.

The 8 days video is up, and is totally different to the one that popped up yesterday. Will be interesting to see if it is used for a different day.

Quick correction too - the Edge shuffle is from the first solo, not the slide solo that has been missing form the rehearsals.

Alright with the new info..let's have a go at this again..

The Miracle
Volcano
Vertigo
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Until The End Of The World
California
Elevation
I Will Follow
Cedarwood Road
Every Breaking Wave
Bullet The Blue Sky
Raised By Wolves
____

Invisible
Beautiful Day
Mysterious Ways
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
One Step Closer
City Of Blinding Lights
Desire
Miracle Drug
Where The Streets Have No Name
Song For Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
_
One
With Or Without You
Ordinary Love

for second shows sub in playboy mansion for one step closer, running to stand still for bad, electric co for i will follow, pride for sunday bloody sunday and magnificent for desire.

Hands, Ordinary, TTTYAATW, SFS, EBW acoustic, One step closer, acoustic NLOTH, etc..... we might fall asleep....

I must say that so far, besides Electric co, Out of control and Bullet, I'm very disappointed about the list of rehearsed songs.... :| they have so many good songs, I wish we could be setlists advisers...

Let's see what happens in a week!

Hands, Ordinary, TTTYAATW, SFS, EBW acoustic, One step closer, acoustic NLOTH, etc..... we might fall asleep....

I must say that so far, besides Electric co, Out of control and Bullet, I'm very disappointed about the list of rehearsed songs.... :| they have so many good songs, I wish we could be setlists advisers...

Let's see what happens in a week!

Funnily enough we get this type of post every tour

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Joey Ramone seems to be the concert opener and Invisible the set 2 opener. There are front end "clumps" of songs but some have swapped between Set 1/Set 2. Cedarwood is in the middle of the set despite the premature NYT quote. Still guessing on the giant light bulb.

See... I don't read the Times quote as confirming Cedarwood Road as the opener whatsoever, although I can see how people would be confused...

At the start of the concert, the band is illuminated by a lone swinging light bulb, as Bono was in the room in 10 Cedarwood Road where he started to play music.

It's just describing what the swinging light bulb is supposed to represent... Bono's room in the house he grew up in. That it also says "where he started to play music" lends itself to The Miracle. Cedarwood Road, although sharing the name of the street Bono's house was on, has nothing to do with his first starting to play music.

I have mixed feelings about TTTYAATW. On the one hand, neato!!!! On the other hand, it was such a perfect ZOO chill-out moment and seemed to really embody something about that tour and time, and I'm not sure how it would move into this period.

Pretty excited about most of the tracks rehearsed. There is no way in hell, at least I hope that they would close with Ordinary Love. WOWY would be a better closer.

Still bitter that the only track from Pop that's been heard is PBM after they teased Discotheque so much on 360.

Bring on opening night!

The song count is now raised to 41 from 38. I'm only expecting 30-32 unique songs at the 2 Vancouver shows, I only think the cities with 4-8 shows will go anywhere near 40+ unique songs.

-Trying to Throw Your Arms Around The World(Tuesday only known airing so far)

:heart: this song

bicycle ( :yikes: ) line?

thanks for the great updates Peter! :up:

And a woman needs a man, like Bono needs a bicycle

:applaud:

And I really hope they go with Invisible as the opener instead of Miracle. The whole Invisible/EBTTRT/Desire etc as an opening set kicks a ton of ass while hitting multiple decades all at once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Ooh, I really like the idea of the EBW-> Bullet transition.

I can see the Invisible/EBTTRT/Desire/Cali/MW block opening the second set - they fit with the more "fun" vibe, but I'd agree it would be an awesome show starting block.

Thanks for all the updates, Peter!

ETA: No Line. Yes, please. :drool:

I can see the Invisible/EBTTRT/Desire/Cali/MW block opening the second set - they fit with the more "fun" vibe, but I'd agree it would be an awesome show starting block.

It would be a kick ass opening block and would really get the crowd into the show. I get that they want a "dramatic" first set, but they need to realize that dramatic =\= slow snoozearoo fest. That was my one wee complaint about the European promo. It was the acoustic snoozefest tour. Yeah yeah, promoting the acoustic bonus material, whatever. It didnt help the controversy around SoI one bit.

And seconded on the return of NLOTH -- I would die a happy death if version 2 surfaced. (I am still pissed that I dont seem to have NLOTH2 in mp3 format anymore... )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom