Songs of experience - will this be the thread that we see new music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't checked the forum much lately, so I don't know what is known / not known / believed / not believed, but I found this on facebook. Is this something?

From the U2 Argentina facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/U2arg/phot...578985642985/1795206664046881/?type=3&theater

Translated:

U2 will start his tour in South America, March 2017
For the first time, the return to the stage of ‪#‎u2‬ will be in South America, where they're premiering "songs of experience".

In the month of March, the Irish will debut to the continuation of the innocence + experience tour. This time in format 'Outdoors' (open stadiums), The tour will start in South America where will premiere to the songs of "songs of experience", Their next album.
We recall that the last date of the tour was in Paris, on 7 December, and is available on DVD, Blu-Ray and digital download.

The band is preparing to launch "songs of experience", The continuation of Songs of Innocence, sources close to Live Nation (producer of the concerts of U2, Madonna The Rolling Stones, among others) have informed us that the tour planned for North America in the period September - November 2016 is suspended and that the band will return to the stage until the beginning of 2017 and in South American soil!

According to tell us, the more likely it is that the tour start in Buenos Aires, in the Estadio Unico, where the book of the enclosure for the first half of March, enough time to perfect the show prior to the concerts. Then it would lead to Chile, Brazil, and as we passed earlier, possibly Colombia and Peru.
This is how, for the first time, the band will premiere a new material in South American territory, something that had never happened before.

With regard to Latin America, the cities of interest are:
• Argentina: Buenos Aires
• Chile: Santiago
• Brazil: Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, belo horizonte
• Peru: Lima
• Colombia: Bogotá
• Mexico: Mexico city

The tour would maintain the format of dates pairs, with 2 concerts by city, except in Buenos Aires where there is the possibility of two pairs of shows (4).

:shrug:

IF that's true I wonder if the North American tour is "suspended" because they're not happy with the album yet or if it's just a scheduling thing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

there may not be album this year but I expect some announcements and some teaser tracks, like most of artists do nowadays

Green Bay Packers Argentina reports that Randy Moss is coming out of retirement to catch balls from Aaron Rodgers this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there may not be album this year but I expect some announcements and some teaser tracks, like most of artists do nowadays

Lol this is u2 we are talking about. At best we might get the odd 20-40 second clip of a riff and maybe a quote from
Bono saying they have written the best songs in their career! Other than that I don't expect anything lol

Now. If that whole March rumor is true, then the album should be out in the fall, so there's that. I'd rather them not tour this fall anyway. I have a baby due in October. No way I'd make a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol this is u2 we are talking about. At best we might get the odd 20-40 second clip of a riff and maybe a quote from
Bono saying they have written the best songs in their career! Other than that I don't expect anything lol

you mean short clips of their new music video which is some claymation rendition of classic horror movie?

North American shows in the fall are highly unlikely anyway, and more so every day. So this actually makes sense. Kind of collides with the rumor of Australia in march though (spread by Oseary). In any case I really wouldn't expect a US leg this fall... As for the reasons: finishing, releasing, promoting the album is gonna take a few months alone. Then add a few more to prepare the new show (possible once SOE is finished) and rehearse. Did you really expect U2 to do all of that in two or three months? ;)
Edit: I forgot summer vacation on my list ;)

So if the tour starts back up in March, would we still expect SoE in the late summer/autumn, or is early 2017 more likely?
Right now I'm thinking October/November 2016.

So if the tour starts back up in March, would we still expect SoE in the late summer/autumn, or is early 2017 more likely?
Right now I'm thinking October/November 2016.
Well, right now we have no reason to believe it will take that long, but of course anything is possible. But I would count on a release until september, to leave time for a proper promotion and tour preparation. Although the tour preparation (new visuals, theme etc) can also happen without SOE being released.

Wow this thread got big quickly... what happened? Anything of actual consequence?

The extreme views here are mind boggling. U2Valencia had total faith, and are now totally disregarded.

How about tempering all news with a critical, yet measured analysis. History shows they are quite reliable, yet this time they were wrong. They are claiming something soon - I still think it's a coin-flip, and opinions that wrote them off, or believe them on blind faith are ludicrous.

U2Valencia still insist something big will happen very soon, despite the single-fiasco yesterday. Yeah, ok. :lol:
Not exactly. They're saying that sooner or later there will be news.
I still think that SOE will be released by september. No matter what happened to the single release.

Not exactly. They're saying that sooner or later there will be news.
I still think that SOE will be released by september. No matter what happened to the single release.

I agree. I think we will get a single hopefully in July, maybe another in August and then SOE release.

No way they are doing stadiums in the U.S.
In fact, I'm kinda skeptical of this whole Argentina news because i just don't see them taking this setup into stadiums anywhere.

I agree. I think we will get a single hopefully in July, maybe another in August and then SOE release.

No way they are doing stadiums in the U.S.
In fact, I'm kinda skeptical of this whole Argentina news because i just don't see them taking this setup into stadiums anywhere.
Well, they can change the stage. They have enough time to do so. Or they can just slightly remodel it to fit stadiums in South America, and keep it indoors for the other markets. Both would work. Personally, I'm really hoping for a continued arena tour. It was such a great setting. However, I would argue for a stage setup as in Dublin (e-stage pulled forward). That was one hell of a stage :love:

The extreme views here are mind boggling. U2Valencia had total faith, and are now totally disregarded.

How about tempering all news with a critical, yet measured analysis. History shows they are quite reliable, yet this time they were wrong. They are claiming something soon - I still think it's a coin-flip, and opinions that wrote them off, or believe them on blind faith are ludicrous.

they made it clear that it was a rumor re: single, but that the tour resuming this fall was 'information.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom