Songs of Experience Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really wanted to baffle people, they could make SOE only available on cassette. That would mindfuck anyone under 30. :wink:

what if they just make SOE free within limited amt. of time like recent Wilco album? or they have to go for midnfuck again on the same fucking day as last year?

U2Wanderer on Twitter sort of/kind of/not really suggesting they know *something* will be announced on Wednesday, perhaps not related to the Irish dates.

It is the one year anniversary of SOI...
It's going to be the Irish dates. If it's something else, even better.

Highly doubt it's SOE unless the band has been completely lying to the media. Also, if they're releasing it, I'd think they would have soundchecked some songs. Who knows, I guess. Even though I predicted that the band would announce the album at the Apple event last year, I was still shocked when it happened. What a fucking great day that was.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

They should release an EP with 3-5 Songs of their recent work on SOE for the European Leg. Not overcooked music, just fresh from the mobile studio harddisc.

But that will not happen of course

They should release an EP with 3-5 Songs of their recent work on SOE for the European Leg. Not overcooked music, just fresh from the mobile studio harddisc.

But that will not happen of course

I could see them scaling back SOE to an EP with the songs they have finished

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I could see them scaling back SOE to an EP with the songs they have finished

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No ... not really - SOE has to be a complete album with 11-12 jaw dropping songs. They can release an EP now with some "not album worthy" stuff in their opinion ... which would turn out to be better music than 50% of SOI

qvsv0kpsm4gjnfxvi7kp.jpg

the announcement will be about the Irish dates - they've been teasing these for a year now but haven't been able to confirm anything concrete. I think they're having to reinvent how the tour is delivered in Ireland due to the fact that Dublin doesn't have a venue amenable to how the show is currently set up.

Now that they can confirm the details, it's (relatively) big news for them

No ... not really - SOE has to be a complete album with 11-12 jaw dropping songs. They can release an EP now with some "not album worthy" stuff in their opinion ... which would turn out to be better music than 50% of SOI

I agree. There's a lot of pressure on this one. My expectations are high. Hoping for a looser, darker, slightly more "experimental" feel. And just damn good. Fingers crossed.

qvsv0kpsm4gjnfxvi7kp.jpg

the announcement will be about the Irish dates - they've been teasing these for a year now but haven't been able to confirm anything concrete. I think they're having to reinvent how the tour is delivered in Ireland due to the fact that Dublin doesn't have a venue amenable to how the show is currently set up.

Now that they can confirm the details, it's (relatively) big news for them

Speaking for myself I don't expect anything SOE related soon, I just wrote something connected to the Thread Title instead of "Leaving Las Vegas"

U2Wanderer on Twitter sort of/kind of/not really suggesting they know *something* will be announced on Wednesday, perhaps not related to the Irish dates.

It is the one year anniversary of SOI...

AND there's an Apple event tomorrow :sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink:

:panic:

I don't think U2 are brave enough to pull another stunt like they did last year lol. Idk about the Dublin dates announcement either since it's already announced on Facebook. Maybe at best a release date for soe?

Last edited:
It says U2 were there for a foto shoot. Also they were filming on the beach as promotion for their next album that's out next year. They choose this beach because of the 'purity' of the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom