Songs of Experience Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too lazy to find right forum, but I still laugh that I was of the only Apple lovers and U2 lovers to not get the album pushed to my stuff because I shut off iCloud because I don't like it. So I had to download it. I still find that amusing.

Yeah, I had to actively search it out and disable a few settings in order to download SOI. That's why at first I didn't understand why people were so outraged.

does anyone wanna painstakingly go through every U2 album track and count the number of Oh's? Woohoos, boomchas, mmhmmms and others don't count.

does anyone wanna painstakingly go through every U2 album track and count the number of Oh's? Woohoos, boomchas, mmhmmms and others don't count.

I already did and I'm launching my new site u2ohs.com in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had to actively search it out and disable a few settings in order to download SOI. That's why at first I didn't understand why people were so outraged.

It took me like 40 minutes to figure out how to turn the cloud on. It had never been more difficult for me to locate and listen to a new U2 album.

It took me like 40 minutes to figure out how to turn the cloud on. It had never been more difficult for me to locate and listen to a new U2 album.

Yep. I had the automatic downloads option turned off, and it didn't let me download manually for a few minutes.

And all you wanted for those 40 minutes was to have your human rights violated. ;)

Last edited:
Those "Oh's" in Pride, An Cat Dubh, and WOWY are fucking lazy!

I will see your lazy "oh's" in those songs and raise you with an "ah la la la-de-day, ah la la-de-day" from RTSS and a "whoo whoo...whoo whoo...whoooohooo" from Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
The oh-ohs on NLOTH and the Miracle feel forced, unlike An Cat Dubh, Pride, and other examples from earlier in their career. That's why they suck. They don't feel sincere, and they don't suit the songs.

In addition to my demands that
A) The album is mixed so Bono's voice is integrated with the music rather than hovering above it
B) Edge solo with his rig from The Fly

I will demand

C) that they retire the goddamn oh-ohs or anything that could be construed as an oh-oh.
D) And no rawk riff rockers. Edge is not a good writer of rawk riffs.

Guys, have you tried Quaker's Oh's? Those things are legit. Completely sincere and not a hint of being lazy.

My favorite "oh oh oh's" are on Surrender. What a great frikin song, too. One of the most underrated in the U2 catalogue.

The oh-ohs on NLOTH and the Miracle feel forced, unlike An Cat Dubh, Pride, and other examples from earlier in their career. That's why they suck. They don't feel sincere, and they don't suit the songs.

In addition to my demands that
A) The album is mixed so Bono's voice is integrated with the music rather than hovering above it
B) Edge solo with his rig from The Fly

I will demand

C) that they retire the goddamn oh-ohs or anything that could be construed as an oh-oh.
D) And no rawk riff rockers. Edge is not a good writer of rawk riffs.

You've got my support for A and D.

but I love me those OH-OHS :angry:

My favorite "oh oh oh's" are on Surrender. What a great frikin song, too. One of the most underrated in the U2 catalogue.

Mine would be that as well, but isn't it pretty much the same as "Stay"??

Sent from my SCH-I435 using U2 Interference mobile app

I forgot about the end of One....not "oh's" more like a hybrid of the "ohs" and "whoo" from Bad.

I'm not sure how one could consider the ability to connect with fans or provide an emotional release without the use of words as lazy, I would consider it profound.

I think we'll know more on the status of the album by the time the Europe show starts. I'll be interested to see if they rehearse anything from the new album.

I think the fact that they're still talking about it can only be a good thing. With a band of that stature they have creative control over some of these interviews I'm sure. So it they didn't want to talk about it, it wouldn't come up.

I think the fact that they're still talking about it can only be a good thing. With a band of that stature they have creative control over some of these interviews I'm sure. So it they didn't want to talk about it, it wouldn't come up.

Yep. Definitely the "believe it when I see it" type most of the time myself, but the continued discussion does help in knowing that it's still on their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom