Songs of Experience 37 - now with bonus orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Land Lady is a nice song but I put it in the middle of the album from a song ranking perspective. The lyrics are nice, the melody is nice and the ending is strong but “Landlady” is an odd term of endearment. “My Lady” would have flowed better for me. And Ax is right....a Land Lady doesn’t pay the rent and I never even thought of that so It’s an even Stranger fit.

You’re not alone. I thought of ‘my lady’ as an alternative too. Certainly Bono did as well. Clearly, he likes Landlady.

I still rank it among my favorites on the album.

This is the longest that I have ever gone without owning an official copy of a new U2 release. I just fixed that today by ordering the box off of amazon for 62.58 Cdn. Still a little pricey for what you get, but it is now 30+ less than it was a month ago. Glad I waited.

This is the longest that I have ever gone without owning an official copy of a new U2 release. I just fixed that today by ordering the box off of amazon for 62.58 Cdn. Still a little pricey for what you get, but it is now 30+ less than it was a month ago. Glad I waited.

Me too... but I haven’t meant it to be. There are two record shops where I live and I went to one (owned by a lovely, albeit cranky Frenchman) the day it came out and he didn’t have any copies (he wasn’t even aware it had come out...). I keep forgetting to pop into the other one to get it.

Maybe I’ll take a peak at boxset prices and get that version.

Well I think the Landlady analogy is connected to paying his rent(although slightly technically incorrect) and also keeping him grounded. Being that it’s a good song I can over look the over analyzed technicality.

giphy.gif

Me too... but I haven’t meant it to be. There are two record shops where I live and I went to one (owned by a lovely, albeit cranky Frenchman) the day it came out and he didn’t have any copies (he wasn’t even aware it had come out...). I keep forgetting to pop into the other one to get it.

Maybe I’ll take a peak at boxset prices and get that version.

I just cancelled my order this morning. :lol:

The price dropped over 2 bucks for the box now. God, I'm so cheap. I want the box for 60 Cdn now.

Edit - It dropped under 60 Cdn now. Okay, it is cheap enough now. lol

Not sure where to post this but - I just got one of those concert announcement emails for shows here in Chicago. That dude Kygo is playing The United Center (where the Bulls and Blackhawks play) in May. I thought I read somewhere that his last album sold like a dozen copies in the UK or something. Amazed that he is booked to play such a large venue. Apparently some folks out here really like him.

Not sure where to post this but - I just got one of those concert announcement emails for shows here in Chicago. That dude Kygo is playing The United Center (where the Bulls and Blackhawks play) in May. I thought I read somewhere that his last album sold like a dozen copies in the UK or something. Amazed that he is booked to play such a large venue. Apparently some folks out here really like him.

12 copies would be ridiculous, it was 37! LOL

And worse yet, it was in the US(significantly larger music market)

http://www.edmtunes.com/2017/10/kygo-stargazing-ep-flops/

Please we need to erase that performance from our u2 fan memory [emoji2]

So it's looking like American Soul, with footage from the barge that we saw from the helicopter and thought was for the Grammys, is actually for the NCAA Basketball Tournament on Turner/CBS Networks

They just played a promo on TNT before the NBA all star Saturday night
Seems to be growing his hair out again,vertigo 2005 look!

Seems to be growing his hair out again,vertigo 2005 look!

I'm not too sure that's "his" hair anymore and while I usually prefer the longer hair Bono, at this point in his career, I think the short hair from NLOTH would compliment his aging look(there are some pics where he looks closer to 75 than 55).

Back
Top Bottom