Songs Of Experience XII : RIP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you expect this Friday at the IHeartRadio festival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a bit more detail to that earlier post on rehearsals, over on U2start:

Report from Las Vegas by our friend Jeff (anstratdubh1979) who got it from another friend:

Spoiler (click to toggle)

"U2 Vegas update:
The band just finished rehearsal at 11:15pm here at the T-Mobile Arena.
Rocko said he was here for 14 hours.
Dallas said they "tried practicing the new songs but can't get it together".
Terry Lawless said they practiced all day yesterday in Burbank, got 3 hours of sleep, then came to Las Vegas this morning and played all day inside the arena.
Sam O'Sullivan said he loves the new arena, the acoustics are great. Much better than the MGM Grand here in Vegas, where they normally played in the past.
They're all exhausted and will go straight to bed tonight and sleep all day tomorrow and come back here tomorrow night.
No sound check tomorrow, this was it tonight.
Just met Adam, he took a couple of photos and shook everyone's hands. There are twenty fans here.
Security kicked us out before we can meet the other band members"
So...
1. No new songs.
2. Tour announcement doesn't appear to happen before January"

Take it with a pinch of salt but hey.

I still would find it hard to believe that they only started rehearsing new songs the day before. But if there is any truth in any of the above (BIG IF) they mention new songs plural.

:sad: Nooo!!!! :angry:
I'll guess I'll be more patient...

Someone tweeted a picture with Adam . Then in a response said "wait for it, it gets better."

Could be just another picture coming or she know something and was asked to keep the secret for a bit.

Sounds like we may be getting something special tonight!

Sorry but you're partially wrong on this one. A friend of mine is there and just told a similar story. Adam did come out as did members of the crew. He said they didn't hear any rehersals though. Nothing new on album or tour (still on the old status) and no word on tonight's setlist.
Yeaaaaaaa we've been through this already. Adam did come out.

silver lining, we'll be on thread 13 in no time! The question is will we be on thread 14 by the time U2 takes to the stage? :hmm:

I've been in the camp of not expecting anything new for the past week or so, but does anybody really think that Dallas would spill the beans on a new song being played - even if the story is true? They've been so hush-hush about this whole thing, that their long-time guitar tech is going to be the one who is like, "Tee hee, yeah guys! Expect two new songs tomorrow!"

Peak U2!

I'm not sensing any "newness" here. Just a contractual obligation. I bet they wish they'd never agreed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If Dallas did say that, whether it's mis-direction or not, I think the big news is he's acknowledging new songs are imminent. So I look at it as a very positive thing. Even if he was being truthful (which is doubtful), it would at least mean they're almost ready to debut. And he said it was plural, which is even bigger/better news.

. FOLKS., only losers pull out

Can't produce the money shot if you don't pull out.

7900301.jpg

Whoever creates the next thread in about 10 minutes needs to have the word "Misdirection" in the title. That's been a common buzzword the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

who knows anymore?

1. it's most likely misdirection from Dallas.

2. However, the only way this is even remotely possible is the following: There's no way they would rehearse a new song the day prior to the event for the first time. So, they've been rehearsing it on and off for several weeks and still can't get it right.

If the new song is TBT, it's not super complicated. they should be able to pull it off. Let's also consider this song has probably been worked on for months, if not a year or two.

My bet is that we'll get a new song.

Is there a Kygo around? He could spin the remix and Bono snag the vocals. That way Dallas isn't lying..no need for the band to rehearse that. Edge could even solo or something. Possibly even have the DJ play the new song then have U2 come on as its fishing , Bono taking over the vocals as they transition to BD or Vertigo or Ordinary Love or something familiar.

Probably not, but it could be a good way to sneak the new stuff in.

Sent from my fingertips.

So I fully expect this thread to reach like a thousand pages before later tonight. There better be a payoff!

Whoever creates the next thread in about 10 minutes needs to have the word "Misdirection" in the title. That's been a common buzzword the past few weeks.

Way ahead of you there.

Chop chop with the speculation, people.

U2 started writing their own songs because they couldn't play covers. Now they can't even play their own songs (but only gave themselves a day to practice, followed by a whole day's sleep no less).

Obfuscation vs misdirection :drool:

U2 started writing their own songs because they couldn't play covers. Now they can't even play their own songs (but only gave themselves a day to practice, followed by a whole day's sleep no less).

Obfuscation vs misdirection :drool:

I would SERIOUSLY doubt they gave themselves 1 day to prepare for this event. I mean, they've been in this business for 40 years.

If this is the beginning of a new cycle of promos, music, and tour, there are literally many millions of dollars at stake not just for the band, but management, record labels, venue personnel etc etc.

It is inconceivable that they practiced once for this gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom