Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best part is that the person telling us we don’t deserve this band shits on them 80% of the time. [emoji6]

@@

*runs away*

As you should.

empire+strikes+back+imperial+AT+AT+walker.jpg

That BBC special was superb. Best u2 tv show ever. If that don't sell records in the uk nothing will

The versions of one, beautiful day,with or without you and stuck in a moment where some of the best I've heard

Lights of home and get out of your own way sounded great live. Love is bigger is my least favourite on the record but this was a great version.

Still can't get my head round why summer of love, little things and red flag day aren't at the vocal point of the albums promotion. Maybe wouldn't of fitted in with a orchestral environment but should still be the main vocal point of the record

Last edited:
Liked the special very much but..... One and With or without you.... again..... Why not Little things, 13 or Love is all that... ...

Liked the special very much but..... One and With or without you.... again..... Why not Little things, 13 or Love is all that... ...

Theve got to play some hits on a prime time tv show. Some of the best performances of these songs that I've seen. Gave me goosebumps

Really they could have played Blackout, Little Things and Summer of Love with the orchestra and they all would have potentially be great(think of the violins during the Black out chorus!!)

But they need to throw in some hits for the crowd and to be honest this is a unique setting and we have never heard an orchestra version of All I want or With Or Without you and the only version of One played with an orchestra I heard back in 96 and it was beautiful so it works.

The better question is why didn’t they record for another hour!

Really they could have played Blackout, Little Things and Summer of Love with the orchestra and they all would have potentially be great(think of the violins during the Black out chorus!!)

But they need to throw in some hits for the crowd and to be honest this is a unique setting and we have never heard an orchestra version of All I want or With Or Without you and the only version of One played with an orchestra I heard back in 96 and it was beautiful so it works.

The better question is why didn’t they record for another hour!

There's an 1 hour 20 minute version on over xmas 28th December around 11pm

Massive rise on the UK iTunes chart after that, shows what promotion can do!! Now they need to get on some talk shows etc

The only new song they've uploaded on the BBC Music YouTube channel is GOOYOW (they've also uploaded AIWIY, WOWY and Beautiful Day) :|

Why are you doing this to me (and to everyone else who won't hear the best song on the album LIBTAIIW)? :sad:

Great to hear Lights of Home.

But!

If they end the tour with that Love is Bigger gibberish we are gonna have a problem...

The ambient tracks 12-14 fit the album well, but Corpse and Elvis Ate America immediately beforehand makes the end of the album feel like it drags a bit. Sometimes I'll just listen to the first 6 or 7 tracks and don't feel the need to listen any further. If Corpse / EAA were replaced by something a little more better / upbeat, it'd be difficult to top.

I deleted Elvis Ate America and immediately improved the flow of the album.

Corpse is pretty decent though.

To be fair, those are probably the listenable tracks on there for me. And Miss Sarajevo, of course.

Otherwise... yeah.

United Colours and One Minute Warning rang!

All this time and I'm only now finding out that I don't deserve to be a fan.

Shit. Talk about a ton of time wasted.

I will take this as you conceding our fight at JT30 Melbourne.

Where do I turn in my fan card?

Right here, matey.

The best part is that the person telling us we don’t deserve this band shits on them 80% of the time. [emoji6]

To be fair, current U2 don't deserve to be U2 either. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom