Someday U2 will have a new album. Today is not that day. discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo I guess the September release you spoke of back in January is now off the table, Mr Mullen :wink: (btw I'm fucking delighted they're all in the same place and actually seem to have a deadline).

What deadline ? "Maybe 2014" from the last interview with Bono ?

Don't let anyone ask me about the new album...

560834_662366323773399_2131166783_n.jpg

Is it just me or does that dog kinda look like the Edge?

What sound does a dog make when he's on fire?

From the last thread:

To be fair, OVO came out in 2000 and was a legit album of new material. Personally I liked it more than Up, and several of his early albums as well. Great stuff.

I forgot about OVO. There was some damn good stuff on that. Although I had never considered it a full blown PG album, although I don't remember specifically why. Weren't there a shit load of guests on that album? It was certainly new, original material so it probably should count?

In any case, I need to listen to that again. It has been ages.

He also did the Rabbit Proof Fence soundtrack right before Up. Haven't heard that in forever either.

He's been talking about I/O (follow up to Up) forever. It's like his Chinese Democracy...only I bet it's actually really good. That I/O project has been talked about for 15+ years.

What are the odds of a double album in the Spring?

This would be the longest stretch between albums right? 5 years :ohmy:

Bono's the liar in the band.

He has serious competition now.

It's interesting that most of the comments on a new U2 album have come from Larry, the one that usually rarely ever moves his mouth to show any facial expression, let alone speak. Now we have a talking Larry and a mostly silent Bono. It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall when the four of them are sitting together, arranging the roles each of them has in the current album game.

What are the odds of a double album in the Spring?

I'd say it's probably a good bet, but fragile for sure. If Adam is going to be a new dad around that time, we could be looking at Fall 2014.

The album would have to be delivered no later than November to meet the hypothetical March 2014 delivery date.

Why do you say that? NLOTH was finished in December and came out late February. :shrug:

The album could have come out yesterday and it would still be the longest stretch between albums.

So here are my official predictions for Saturday night's exclusive:

- Adam will be a father

- Somebody called Larry's church and told them that he broke the commandment "Thou Shall Not Lie"

- U2 is releasing a "Best of 2000-2010" album around Xmas time

:cute:

thank god i will be off the radar and at a Paramore concert with my daughter Saturday night :lol:

He has serious competition now.

It's interesting that most of the comments on a new U2 album have come from Larry, the one that usually rarely ever moves his mouth to show any facial expression, let alone speak. Now we have a talking Larry and a mostly silent Bono. It would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall when the four of them are sitting together, arranging the roles each of them has in the current album game.
I'm thinking Larry gave Bono a talkin' to after the rumblings about "Songs of Ascent." There was this one interview where the interviewer brought up SoA, and Larry looked pissed that Bono had publicly referenced the "album."

I'm thinking Larry gave Bono a talkin' to after the rumblings about "Songs of Ascent." There was this one interview where the interviewer brought up SoA, and Larry looked pissed that Bono had publicly referenced the "album."

I remember that interview. During the NLOTH promotion & Larry got really pissed. Hahah

Whoever said their neighbor's cousin's father's dog had inside info apparently wasn't joking!

U2 "six degrees" jokes are the funniest!!!

The album would have to be delivered no later than November to meet the hypothetical March 2014 delivery date.

Delivered to Jimmy Iovine, maybe. Who then might decide to smother it in the crib or mutate it to serve his own nefarious, global conspiracy ends. #illuminati

Según confirmó Universal Music, sello discográfico del grupo, la legendaria banda irlandesa incluiría a nuestro país en su nuevo tour.

"Todo parece indicar que U2 hará esperar a sus fans en Colombia un año más, ya que su próxima gira llegará a Colombia aproximadamente para 2014, y no antes como muchos pensaban", dice el comunicado.

De confirmarse el concierto en Colombia del grupo liderado por Bono, U2 se sumaría a artistas de talla mundial como Paul McCartney, Madonna, Lady Gaga y Britney Spears que han visitado nuestro país.

Universal además sostuvo que el próximo disco de la agrupación tendrá un sonido más electrónico.

Any ideas what this says? Took from twitter.

Scrub that,just something about touring in columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom