SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the vocal delivery at the end of Landlady reminds me of some other song....i can't put my finger on...anyone else feel the same.

I've had a few drinks and Love is the Light That Will Lead You Through Everything is starting to sound real good.

My uncle is dying. I'm still mourning my dad, he died in August. I caused a car crash tonight and my car is literally a wreck.
I needed this leak tonight. I needed this band tonight. My Band. MY BAND.
Favorite song so far: Get Out Of Your Own Way.

Hope you find what you’re looking for here in these songs. Take care.

I really wish for a better quality leak but spoiled today so can wait. It’s just not doing justice to these great songs. The sound is so murky that details are lost.

Certain parts of the progression in LIAWHL remind me of Comfortably Numb. It was bugging the hell out of me until it clicked today. Pre-chorus in Love is Bigger (the 'Hoooooooooooo...' bit) also *really* reminds me of something I can't put my finger on.

I had a feeling leading up to this album, that something was different. That they were extremely confident in the work. That they had their swagger back.

Now, I can see why.

It will take years to figure out where it ranks among their all-time catalogue, but the reviewer who called it a likely "late-career classic" was spot on.

A tremendous effort.

Yea we're all so spoiled now a days with how easy it is to have high-quality music in your pocket and Sonos speakers and whatnot.

But it's definitely listenable (the commentary aside)... sounds what it might have sounded like to listen to it on cassette tape back in "the day"

Cassettes sounded alot better than this (not that I'm complaining about an early listen of SOE)

I had a feeling leading up to this album, that something was different. That they were extremely confident in the work. That they had their swagger back.

Now, I can see why.

It will take years to figure out where it ranks among their all-time catalogue, but the reviewer who called it a likely "late-career classic" was spot on.

A tremendous effort.

You're exactly right.

I remember you posting that you were very interested in hearing Landlady. I had written it off and it’s my favorite song on the album.

You are correct. It all started when Bono described it. I don’t remember the exact words. But it sounded right up my alley. Then the first reviewer came back saying it was the worst on the album I was bummed. So imagine my surprise when I heard it and it was incredible!!

Just dropping in to render my daily praise to Landlady :drool:

Every magic potion
Every force in motion
I was living our devotion
To the lies we know are almost true

:heart:

This is my favorite part of a U2 song since ATYCLB

Thank you, everyone who has given me emoji hugs and kind words. I hope things will go better for you too, Jarvio.
Music can help you heal. David Bowie's Lodger kept me going after my dad's death. I don't know what it is about that particular album, but it comforted me. But as much as I've learned to appreciate Bowie since his death, I don't have the emotional connection that I do with U2. 36 years of listening. Around 15 concerts (i lost track!). Interacting with fans on forums like this, setlist parties and such. My Band. Our Band!

Yo can we type the song names out? It has to take longer for you guys to type the acronym out than spelling the song. Plus they’re not really common yet anyway.

Guys, my first impression of SOE - wow! :drool: Can't wait to hear a better quality recording, but seriously the songs previously released pale in comparison to the rest.

Favorites so far: Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, Lights of Home, Little Things.... Little Things has the potential to be an all time classic.

and The Showman a bad song? No freaking way. I love it.

13 There is a Light is also way better than Song for Someone.

I already thought U2 was back with SOI but this gets them higher.

Agree with most of this, but I was skeptical of a re-working of Song for Someone, and I haven't yet been convinced that that was the best past song to repeat large sections of. If only they had done that with Mercy. I think Lights of Home is great, but again the repeating of "Free yourself to be yourself" line is the weakest part of the song. Fortunately it did not ruin it for me.

Now, I can see why.

A tremendous effort.

I think it showed in the fact that they were all over the listening sessions this time around. Media and fan sessions. They are proud of this and want to show it off.

Why not show off Red Flag Day as the first singlethough ??? Lol.

The Showman....so great to hear a joyful u2 tune. :up:

..and it's gonna be a great moment on the b-stage on next year's tour.

:drool: SOE is awesome I love from beginning to end, can't wait for Friday : hyper: I love Summer Love, LandLady, Little Things, Lights of Home, There is a Light. I'm a happy fan tonight! Christmas came early.:up::heart:

Just dropping in to render my daily praise to Landlady :drool:

Every magic potion
Every force in motion
I was living our devotion
To the lies we know are almost true

:heart:

This is my favorite part of a U2 song since ATYCLB

My favorite part too!! I love it!

Larry is the unsung hero of this album

I was really thinking it was Adam...the bass lines are fantastic on so many of the tunes (Red Flag Day and Blackout stand out). Bono's voice also sounds great. Once again, The Edge seems to be the loser here....what ever happened to guitar solos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom