SOE 31: Yes, we have no bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well... this guy heard the album? If yes i am not even excited about his comments. Yes very low expectations.

Maybe, or maybe this is fake news.

Descriptions...meh. Make up you own mind once you hear the album in full. The reviewers seem to consistently rate SOE better than SOI so...

Though -- autotune ? Reusing SFS chorus and Volcano guitar ? :sigh:

The lip synching or being with a DJ?

Cause the second part they've done quite a bit since the Achtung days.

Unless it's the hat. Then I'm in full agreement. That hat sucks.

Lip syncing..... and the hat ha I know its been done before but just watching that felt so wrong ha

Last edited:
Can we just get back to this, please?

23244580_10155122887193450_7505037924007411850_n.jpg

:hyper:

Can we just get back to this, please?

23244580_10155122887193450_7505037924007411850_n.jpg

:hyper:

At least he is clean shaven in that pic. This year he has been sporting the "old man yelling get off my lawn" scruff look. I mean, either shave it clean (I prefer, makes him look younger) or grow it out but that look + the glasses+ the hat make him look 113 years old.

And 13. That it in fact based off SFS. Strike one. That the chorus is reused. Strike 2.
My biggest complaint about SFS is the chorus.

My guess is that it's not the "This is a soonnnggggg..." chorus that they reused, but the "If there is a light..." pre-chorus, hence the title?

Unless you don't like either of those parts. While it's one of my least favorite tracks on SOI, I don't dislike the melody on either, personally.

That hat wouldn't look good under any circumstances that don't involve a pool and a mai Thai, and /or some Godfather cosplay

Bono pulling a child from the crowd during COBL on the upcoming tour:

iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2018

I watched about 30 seconds of it and was like "aw hell naw!"

I mean, I'm sure it happened that way because Edge was unavailable or something, but that's pretty bad.

My guess is that it's not the "This is a soonnnggggg..." chorus that they reused, but the "If there is a light..." pre-chorus, hence the title?

Unless you don't like either of those parts. While it's one of my least favorite tracks on SOI, I don't dislike the melody on either, personally.

Bono pulling a child from the crowd during COBL on the upcoming tour:

iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2018

[emoji813]

Anyone else than me saw Bono and Adam last night on french tv.... worst ever u2 related performance. Shame. Ridiculous. :down:

When Bono walks through the crowd of screaming young girls behind him :)

Kygo looks like he has just come out of nappies :)

Yeah it was bad thank god it was in France and nobody around the world apart from us will see it. Shhhh it will be our secret:)

God please don't go on the X factor in the uk. I can just see it now. I have faith in you Larry Mullen jr :)

Wonder what Larry thought of last night

Last edited:
The instrumental is from 90s. Vocals from 2011.

The Wild Horses vocal is absolutely not from 2011. The dynamics in his voice (the low tones, the breathy textures), the non-cracking falsetto, the high notes on "Don't you look back"... those are all 1991 Bono, not 2011.

The Wild Horses vocal is absolutely not from 2011. The dynamics in his voice (the low tones, the breathy textures), the non-cracking falsetto, the high notes on "Don't you look back"... those are all 1991 Bono, not 2011.

Yeah, Horses vocals are from 91. I think the Trying To Throw Your Arms vocals were redone.

Wasn't talking about Wild Horses.

Back
Top Bottom