SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say that unless u2 either never put dates under there, or used a redaction marker (it isn't software) there are ways to lighten up the ink over the text.

I can say that unless u2 either never put dates under there, or used a redaction marker (it isn't software) there are ways to lighten up the ink over the text.

i dunno, if they were originals, sure perhaps, but i imagine the letters are just copies, so there would be no "layers" from different print runs to separate the ink from the typing...

i dunno, if they were originals, sure perhaps, but i imagine the letters are just copies, so there would be no "layers" from different print runs to separate the ink from the typing...

Enhancing text isn't always about layers, there are always artefacts if the redacting is not done properly

But let's reason this out. If Valencia doctored the thing, then that either means 1 of two things:

1. They have real information of something happening on a certain date. So they doctored something up with that date to add some intrigue.

Or

2. They wanna seem cool, so they make up a date and doctor something up to look like they were able to see under the black marks. They would know that the date may very well come and nothing happens and they look like fools ( yes, I know they've done that before).

The other option is they were able to lighten up a black mark and see the date underneath.

I truly don't know which one I lean towards since we are talking about Valencia

Last edited:
My hunch is they "filled in" the numbers as best they could but if I were guessing at or making up a date, I wouldn't make the year the first two digits, a format that hardly anyone uses. Odd.

Why would the date be in yy/mm/dd format?
Because U2 can find a way of connecting it to the experience thing... 'when you look back you first have the years, then the months and lastly if you are lucky, the days' kind of bullshit that Bono is so fond of.

But it is a big leap. I am now expecting September 8 because of all the buzz around that date. But if that falls through, without any official dates given I will be disappointed but can't direct that at the band, beyond the lingering its-been-3-years-since-you-said-a-quick-follow-up thing.

Putting the dates on the letter and letting fans discover for themselves; now that's how you do it.

The SOE letter is printed. All you can see where there would be a date is the dots from a printer.

The SOE letter is printed. All you can see where there would be a date is the dots from a printer.

Ding.

There's no damn way U2Valencia lightened up the ink to see what's below it because it's fucking impossible. Some marketing dude made this in Photoshop and hit print.

Do people really think they had some intern hand redact every fucking letter to look like the album cover? Jesus H Christ interference.

Hello hello... I know I promised to stop follow this band after iHeart fiasco last year. I can't keep even that promise ??????. That episode brought me closer to my daughter, we both like Twenty one pilots now. I take it that most of you like good MUSIC? Check "Car seat headcrest: Teens of denial" . Also I saw JT30 at Berlin Olympic stadium and I have to say it was the 2nd best of the 11 concerts I've seen so far.

Been super busy the last few days, but damn, it seems like things are about to start happening!

Makes sense that they would tie The Best Thing closer to the album release - they are probably banking on that being the big selling single for the album. Excited to hear Blackout.

thanks! that's exactly how i imagined it was :up:

Ding.

There's no damn way U2Valencia lightened up the ink to see what's below it because it's fucking impossible. Some marketing dude made this in Photoshop and hit print.

Do people really think they had some intern hand redact every fucking letter to look like the album cover? Jesus H Christ interference.

:lol:

"Top class with some heart wrenching lyrics"
"Some real crackers that will set well with their earlier work"
"All I can say is wow if you're a U2 fan you're going to love this".

Why must the hype get to me every time?!

Best album ever! [emoji6]

Last edited:
I must be in the minority... I'll get excited a) when the dang thing is finally released and b) if it's any good. I'm still reading everything about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom