SOE 14: The Morning after Meltdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry that you feel this way but insinuating that i am ignorant kind of makes my point.

Again, bigotry as defined:
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Have a good day.

I just don't know what you're arguing. I said that Trump was allowing a once undercover form of bigotry to come to the forefront this election. If you read his policies, it's very clear I was referencing his policies to illegal immigrants and Muslims.

You proceed to say that technically I'm bigoted too. But that has nothing to do with the aforementioned Trump bigotry I was referencing earlier.

As per request, I'll refrain from anymore political talk though. PM if you're still unclear or want to chat further.

I am the most fashion unconscious person I know, so I may be very wrong. But I really think Bono should change his get-up on stage.

His leather jacket and pants just seem too tight. Maybe not change attire, but just move up in size a bit?

One of the youtube vids from iHeart was shot from along the runway and when he was at the satellite stage, most of the footage was of his rear end in those leather/fake leather pants. Not flattering whatsoever.
He's not been blessed with Mick Jagger's body type/metabolism/exercise regimen, he should definitely look into something else for a stage wardrobe.

(Yet another U2/Stones comparison :wink:)

One of the youtube vids from iHeart was shot from along the runway and when he was at the satellite stage, most of the footage was of his rear end in those leather/fake leather pants. Not flattering whatsoever.
He's not been blessed with Mick Jagger's body type/metabolism/exercise regimen, he should definitely look into something else for a stage wardrobe.

That. That's why after all these years his stage attire became too much for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Okay, so anyone wants to take a punt on how many more SOE threads we will have till the new album.

I say if we keep it going, it will be between #40-#50

Okay, so anyone wants to take a punt on how many more SOE threads we will have till the new album.

I say if we keep it going, it will be between #40-#50

At this rate, we'll need Songs of Exhumation for them to tour the album.

Actually, just thought about it. 40-50 would be extreme considering the slowdown we have experienced post iHeart meltdown. If I may be allowed to revise my estimate, I'll put new music at 21 and new album at 35 at the latest.

I think he should borrow some of KJU or HRC's pantsuits :D

Yeah, I've never liked the round glasses and I think the iHeartRadio appearance was the first time he used them while performing. Could anyone fact-check that? :wink:

Just saw U2.com is having a Dreamfest concert raffle for west coast subscribers:
U2 > Sign In

Attention US West Coast Subscribers...

Like to be entered in a draw with the chance to see the band perform at the Dreamforce benefit show for USCF Childrens Hospital* at the Cow Palace Arena in San Francisco?

Will you be in the San Francisco Bay Area on Wednesday, October 5th?
We have a limited number of pairs of tickets up for grabs if you can answer yes to all the above.

Enter here and we will make sure your name goes in the hat.

*Read more about the people, programs and services at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals.

May I remind you that Bono told Entertainment Weekly in October 2015 that they had 18 completed songs already?

Bono reveals details of U2's new album 'Songs of Experience' | EW.com

I don't give a sh*t anymore how many songs they might have ON THE COOKER ... if the album's ready ... then that's fine ....
Oh shit, I didn't remember that... Don't know what to make of this. Bono could have simply been talking bs. Or they scrapped what they had. But if I'm not mistaken we're still talking about the same song titles, aren't we?

the round glasses are brutal for me.
I seem to be the only one who doesm't find the glasses shocking... I actually like them better than the aviator style glasses.

Could you please post the link? I only saw videos shot from far away.
But yes, he should loose a bit of weight. But he's already lost quite a bit I'd say. He's looking much better than in 2015.
On tour at least he didn't wear leather pants but black jeans. So I'm a bit surprised that he apparently went back to a more 360 type look (just judging from your comments since I haven't seen it close up).

What would be the equivalent? Steel Wheels era?

Probably more like Bridges to Babylon. Mick and Keith were 54 when that album came out, and they were about 35 years into their career in 1997. I remember "Anybody seen my baby" getting some decent play on MTV for awhile. That tour was pretty successful, a mix of sold out arenas and stadiums. But even then everybody made fun of them for being old. I saw them in that era, and it was a pretty good show, but they only played 2 songs from B2B.

Here's a link to the show I saw.
https://iorr.org/rew99/clevel.htm

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

smile

CtPjrZnWAAA91rM.jpg:large

would be really curious to hear larry's explanation as to why he felt he didn't need to wear a shirt of some sort here.

The point of all that is that I think U2 now are in a similar position to what the Stones were back then. Their new stuff got SOME attention, but they were largely a "Heritage Act".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The point of all that is that I think U2 now are in a similar position to what the Stones were back then. Their new stuff got SOME attention, but they were largely a "Heritage Act".

I think I'm ok with U2 being a heritage act.

I think a Springsteen-esque heritage act would be absolutely perfect. Two hours of hits, an hour of requests and rarities.

Combine that with a rotating theme and narrative, I think it'd be really really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom