Sigur Ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So .... 21:00 UK time is .... 1:00 pm Pacific time? Yes? I think?

I almost forgot about this. Thank goodness for following Sigur Ros on Twitter. Now my Sunday will revolve around watching a concert online, and not the Packer game online.

.... does Sigur Ros go well with chips and salsa?

It starts in 20 minutes, dear.

This is not Sigur Ros.

Joyfulgirl mofo has misled us! :angry:

Their tweet and their site said 21:00 UK time, so they must be on a bit later. I still don't know what time that is ... I can't remember how many hours I am behind them. 8 or 9?

I was going to say ... I know there's a big time difference, but 21:00 doesn't remotely translate to anything-thirty in the US.

(It said 21:00 yesterday. :shh: )

Anyway. Thanks for the "90 minutes" answer, although I'm still confused, because according to some online time converter, it would either be 1 or 2 here in Seattle, and 90 minute from now is noon.

And I can't figure out which, because I can never remember if we're IN daylight-savings time or NOT in it. I just know we spring forward and fall back, but never remember how that translates, re standard time and daylight savings.

I fail at time conversion.

Maybe when you looked at the link, not when I posted it. :)

EDIT: Yup, just checked their Facebook update I took it from, and they updated the time there too with a big "UPDATE" wording.

(It said 21:00 yesterday. :shh: )

And I can't figure out which, because I can never remember if we're IN daylight-savings time or NOT in it. I just know we spring forward and fall back, but never remember how that translates, re standard time and daylight savings.

The fall back time changed at some point under the Bush administration so it's later than it used to be. DST ends the first week in November.

I'm concerned about everyone's math acuity. I mean, I expect this in the US, but I'm disappointed in you, Slapnutz.

I used to be really good at time zones! I'm still very good at the US zones, although the mountain time zone confuses me, because I can never remember which states are in it. And then you have the states that don't participate in daylight savings time, which is just really irritating when trying to figure out what time is acceptable to place a call to that employee in that state without waking them up.

Enjoying Florence and the Machine's set.

*looks at watch*

*looks at TV*

*looks at watch again*

*sigh*

Edit: Oh, that's why he sounds so familiar! I can get behind watching New Order.

Yeah, here's their Facebook update:

tomorrow at 9pm (uk time) you can watch the sigur rós performance live from Bestival via youtube! see you there!

update! stream is now at 9pm UK time!
UPDATE: THE STREAM FROM BESTIVAL WILL NOT BE TAKING PLACE - SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED.

New Order opens a show with a Joy Division cover? Guess that's saying something about which group was the more popular...

Um, Sigur Ros site now says:

update: it appears that the bestival stream will not be taking place – we apologise for inconvenience caused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom