Sigur Ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snagged sixth row center. I'll take it.

Perhaps I should actually listen to Valtari now.

:up: Psyching myself up here in mountain time.

In case anyone had not read this:

Sigur rós follow up their run of summer festivals by announcing their biggest north american tour to date. the trek, which includes a headlining show at new york city’s prestigious madison square garden, will be the most expansive sigur rós live experience yet, with the band taking the stage alongside all the additional players and expanded brass and string sections of the summer shows. this time, however, they will be incorporated into a completely new show, which also comes with the potent promise of brand new material, post-dating even this year's ambient-leaning 'valtari' album.

the band recently debuted a new song, "brennisteinn," at this year’s iceland airwaves festival, which was greeted with immediate praise upon being posted online.

"’brennisteinn’ ("brimstone") was violent, rude and irresistible: slow, mourning rock with bass tones so low and loud they rattled the floor, cut with a stubbornly delicate romanticism,” said rolling stone’s david fricke about the new track. “but just as the end seemed near and you expected the band to stomp off into their usual ether, the rhythm changed for the faster, with bassist georg holm and drummer orri páll dyrason locking in a brisk, extended techno surge. metal and dancing are the last things you expect at a sigur rós gig; both suit them. they should keep it up."

I've listened to Valtari (I keep wanting to type Voltari ... goddamn fucking Twilight franchise sneaking into my brain despite hating everything to do with it) a few times since seeing them, and other than the first couple of songs, I don't like it nearly as much as their other albums.

That said, Varud gives me chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom