Shuttlecock XXXIII: Is Bono Actually Enrico Palazzo? Discuss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm in Montreal for the first time on business. The job is finished, but instead of going out, the dude i'm here with decided to go to sleep at 10pm.... fucking lame

Bomac, lets go get drunk

Bah.
We were staying at the Novotel near Trudeau airport (We were working in the area). Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere. We were planning on heading downtown last night, but I didn't know the guy I was with was a total burnout.
Back in Toronto now

I took leave of my senses this morning and bought a crazy ass douchebag seat to the Nashville show. I did not know that was going to happen when I woke up this morning. I didn't even believe that my old leftover presale code would work. But I figured I should see this leg from a (freaking fantastic) seat at least once. And I love Nashville. And the stadium is smaller than most. And it's July 4th weekend. What else could I do?

Anybody else planning to go to that show?

Nice! :)

If I weren't planning the Ireland trip, I'd be adding other shows for next summer. As it is, I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting to find out if they are in fact closing the tour in Dublin next fall before I start really making actual plans and junk.

Oh, I forgot there could be a Dublin show. I am so out of it in the world of U2 news. That would be great. I figured by the time July rolls around I will have had my fill of back-of-the-venue GA so the douchebag seat was quite appealing. It's about where I sat for Chicago but on the opposite side, so I'm quite pleased. I don't remember the tickets last year being this expensive, though. I was kind of shocked to see a grand total of $281, and even more shocked when I hit the "purchase" button anyway.

$250 plus TicketBastard "bend over" fees? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Have you heard about the vinyl EP coming out for the mini-Record Store Day on Black Friday?

Has the EP actually been confirmed as legit? It's strange to me that most "big name" vinyl and music shops aren't listing it, as they get that stuff regardless if it's supposed to be a fake record store day special (which it is absolutely not record store day on Black Friday).

This will either make you laugh, or burst into horrified tears, mofo, but ...

... you are making the same comments as U2girl in the other part of the forum.

But if you are unfamiliar with that poster, then that will mean nothing to you.

But no, there's been nothing from U2.com about it, but since when is that confirmation of anything?

It was on Amazon for pre-order (cannot pre-order anymore currently, but it's still there), and I think it was on Best Buy as well. Also, one of the links said it was a limited run of 5,000 copies, so I don't know how that works, if it would mean it's simply not going to be available on all sites?

There's a poster who works in the industry who said their distributor had a listing for it, with a catalogue number and a tracklisting.

There seems to be an awful lot of information out there for this to be fake or flat-out wrong.

I'm trembling in my stylish yet affordable boots.

I'm sure she's already reported everyone in that thread 15 times.

I'm unaware of who she is. Regardless, I hope it's legit, as I would like to buy it. I don't download bootlegs any more, so I'd like having live versions of those tracks (particularly since I have no idea what Mercy sounds like live yet).

I never thought it sounded phenomenal in the studio either, so I'm still interested.

I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground. The trees outside my window still have leaves on them, and there's an inch of snow. Friggin' Utah.

We have snow in the mountains here but not in town. Last night was our first hard freeze. The first week in November generally brings the first snow here but none is in the forecast.

I just learned that my douchebag Nashville seat will be on bleachers. $281 for bleachers. 8th row from the tip of a claw is still awesome, and I will be on my feet for the whole show so I guess it doesn't matter that much, but still... I hate bleachers. :grumpy:

The Minneapolis stadium is like that as well - mostly bleachers, with a few sections with padded seats. Thankfully, the seats I found for me and my folks are padded. My mom's butt will thank me, I'm sure.

Not quite U2.com, but a "big name" reporting it:

U2 to issue live EP - Entertainment News, Music News, Media - Variety

Apparently it's not showing at all on Amazon, which makes sense if it's supposed to be through small retailers for record store day.

I just preordered it through some small site, but I'll be curious to see what happens with that. Even if that order goes through fine, I'll still try and pick up a copy at the local store to support them and then I can maybe turn around and give/sell it to a friend who wasn't able to get a copy for themselves.

I won't be anywhere near a place that will be selling it the day after Thanksgiving. :(

Hopefully I can find somewhere trustworthy selling it online. Then again, if it's available to buy digitally, I'll get it that way instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom